I started my first ever bulk in October. I started out fat February 2022 then cut down first. Should I continue bulking through spring?

alien

alien

Kraken
Evening Height (6pm, measured by doctor): 167cm (5'5.75")
Natty
Pre-cut weight (February 6 2022): 168.2 lbs
Pre-bulk weight (September 25-October 1 2022); 128.14 lbs 7-day average
Current weight (January 24-30 2023): 139.63 lbs 7-day average

This bulk has been taking forever. I'm only at 139.63 lbs (7-day avg) at 167cm tall (5'5.75"). I weighed in at 140.0 lbs this morning after taking a piss before taking my mass gainer shake and eating breakfast.

I've been trying to aim for +0.75-1 lbs/week. But I only managed to gain +0.67 lbs/week (+0.5% body weight/week) in 120 days (<4 months) in my 7-day avg.
I gained 6.17 lbs (7-day avg) in my first 7 weeks of bulking. +0.88 lbs/week (+0.67% body weight/week).
But then I caught mono from some foid and lost 2.86 lbs (7-day avg) over 9 days because I could barely eat without wanting to throw up, was bed ridden with fever/chills/night sweats/headache/fatigue, couldn't train for 5 days. And then I had to build myself up again.
I gained 8.17 lbs (7-day avg) in the last 62 days after recovering from mono. +0.92 lbs/week (+0.68% body weight/week).

I took a bit of a hit to my ab definition. But my six-pack is still visible in good lighting. I train abs in the gym so that they appear visible as I go up in body fat %. But twice already some asshole was using the abdominal crunch machine at the gym right when I finished my other workouts and about ready to leave. As I usually leave my ab workouts for last. Some fat oldcel was using the machine even though he's too fat to show off his abs anyways. I probably should get my ab workouts out of the way first at the gym and then hit the weight room later. As I usually use barbells and most of the newbs don't touch those and use dumb bells.

My face doesn't seem to be any fatter.
I was able to fit into my tight size 28 jeans on Dec 19th. But I haven't tried them on since. My size 29 jeans fit just fine January 21st. They fit tighter around my legs because I've been training lower body a lot with my compound lifts lately. Maybe tighter at the waist, not sure.

I'm still DYEL bro tier. The only way you can tell that I lift clothed is if I wear a tight short sleeve T-shirt. I only wear those kinds of shirts May to September. Sometimes April if the weather is nice. My arms and chest are bigger these days. But in January in Toronto I'm usually wearing two layers indoors with a long sleeve shirt on top. And a jacket outside. Some jacked Chang I hung out with was wearing a muscle shirt indoors in December in January. That seems kinda try hard.

There's no way I'm going to get to like 155 lbs by March. That mono setback in November fucked my scheduling up. I thought about going into even more calorie surplus to try to make up for the lost weight and time. But I didn't want to risk putting on weight too fast and getting too fat.

It'll be deep into May minimum for me to get to 155 lbs if I aim for +1 lb/week. March to May is the usual cutting season right? Maybe in Toronto, where the weather is colder, I can get away with cutting later. Because our winters are long. But our springs are short. May is already like short sleeve, muscle shirt and beach weather in Toronto.

Should I give up on getting the lean beach body this summer and focus my energies on trying to get muscular or should I cut this spring/summer? And when should I start my cut? Knowing what the weather is like in Toronto. Thanks.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Magnum Opus
Nice you gonna mog the other fat/skinny-fat 37 year olds to oblivion and beyond. Some pictures would be helpful.