I stayed out of the sun for 3 years because of "muh collagen" even though some color on face looks better than being deathly pale

6ft4

TFBEM is the Meta
My last use of a tanning bed was 2019
I did not spend any significant time in the sun since then because I noticed the first signs of skin aging due to tanning
Maybe I spent a few days outside in the sun here and there but never on consecutive days with the intent of tanning my skin
Last week I spent a few days outdoors and I have some color on my face for the first time I can remember in those years
Not even a tan, I just went from vampire tier deathly pale to normal white skin
What I noticed: my skin looks less tired/exhausted now than when it was pale, being pale shows up the bags on your skin more imo and gives you purple undertones like an old man
If you have JB tier skin then being super pale can make you look more babyfaced but not once the aging process is starting to become noticable imo

• +1
Reactions: nobodyspecial369, JawGuyFatFaceGuy, Gargantuan and 3 others
Just tan during the morning hours for 10-15 minutes. Wear sunscreen during (after) noon.

meanwhile alcohol and sugar melting your collagen

meanwhile alcohol and sugar melting your collagen
I've binge drank 10 times this year, all were an utter waste
I question how bad this is for collagen
I will never give up sugar tbh
I try limit it to 100g chocolate bar aka 500cals per day

Binge drinking like once a month probably has next to no impact on your health or looks, if its like weekly or more then yeah its bad.

I couldnt give up sugar completely too much pleasuremaxxing to sacrifice

• +1
Reactions: 6ft4
Jump on tretinoin.

• +1
Reactions: htnambition and Cidre enjoyer
just tan but don’t sunburn. sun exposure is inversely related to bad health

• JFL
Reactions: Gargantuan
My last use of a tanning bed was 2019
I did not spend any significant time in the sun since then because I noticed the first signs of skin aging due to tanning
Maybe I spent a few days outside in the sun here and there but never on consecutive days with the intent of tanning my skin
Last week I spent a few days outdoors and I have some color on my face for the first time I can remember in those years
Not even a tan, I just went from vampire tier deathly pale to normal white skin
What I noticed: my skin looks less tired/exhausted now than when it was pale, being pale shows up the bags on your skin more imo and gives you purple undertones like an old man
If you have JB tier skin then being super pale can make you look more babyfaced but not once the aging process is starting to become noticable imo

I have had a similar thought process lately. Had a deep tan earlier this year and looked the best I've ever looked. Now started tretinoin so can't tan, been wearing sunscreen religiously. My IOI's have definitely dropped a bit since I got paler. But don't want to age badly so decided to go with extreme sun protection anti ageing plan rather than short term tan benefits.

But have definitely noticed what you said, the signs of ageing look worse now than they did a couple of months ago when I was tanned. Under eye looks more tired, skin looks more tired and even fine lines a bit more noticeable. Hopefully when the tretinoin starts to work this will improve a lot

Yeah we have shit tier evidence for alcohol, caffeine, coffee, or sugar aging your skin. It's all mechanistic crap so we don't know how bad it truly is. Might have almost no impact

I have had a similar thought process lately. Had a deep tan earlier this year and looked the best I've ever looked. Now started tretinoin so can't tan, been wearing sunscreen religiously. My IOI's have definitely dropped a bit since I got paler. But don't want to age badly so decided to go with extreme sun protection anti ageing plan rather than short term tan benefits.

But have definitely noticed what you said, the signs of ageing look worse now than they did a couple of months ago when I was tanned. Under eye looks more tired, skin looks more tired and even fine lines a bit more noticeable. Hopefully when the tretinoin starts to work this will improve a lot
Yeah undereyes need to be close to perfect with no discolouration to pull off pale look

Genetics. I use tret, copper peptides and stay out of the sun.Also never eat out aside from the occasional subway. I look like utter shit. I've lost all of my superficial fat pads and I have literal 1 percentile undereye. Genetics. 23, pushing 40.

• JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: litaz and AlexBrown84