I think FAANG and Quant is a retarded career choice after 30 years of age

Even if it plateaued at 500K (which 90% of other jobs never reach), if you save diligently, its enough to retire long before the standard retirement age

Highest I've seen at faang was 4.5 million / year

• +1
Reactions: Alexanderr
Highest I've seen at faang was 4.5 million / year
Yeah, it can get even higher than 500K if you get into managerial positions. These companies pull in billions and have a relatively small workforce.
There are very few careers you can make the amount of money you do at FAANG without having a specialized skill or a very special position, especially with the number of hours worked.
Investment banking might pull in similar wages (maybe a bit lower) but you'll be working 80 hours too.

• +1
Reactions: Splinter901
Yeah, it can get even higher than 500K if you get into managerial positions. These companies pull in billions and have a relatively small workforce.
There are very few careers you can make the amount of money you do at FAANG without having a specialized skill or a very special position, especially with the number of hours worked.
Investment banking might pull in similar wages (maybe a bit lower) but you'll be working 80 hours too.

the 4.5 million I saw was back in 2021 it's no longer on the site but this one is also quite high

I’m not even employed, graduated 3 years ago with masters degree in engineering and nobody would hire me due to looks and non NT. I can’t even get minimum wage jobs. CV is poisoned by the gap
I’m not even employed, graduated 3 years ago with masters degree in engineering and nobody would hire me due to looks and non NT. I can’t even get minimum wage jobs. CV is poisoned by the gap.
It’s hard to get a good job in engineering either way. It’s either oil&gas, electrical, mechanical engineering or engineering consultancy which pay well. It’s your non NT which is the main issue tbh.

You don’t need to be good looking at all to work in most roles here jfl, especially STEM. Only place where the looks are slightly elevated compared to the norm is the city, and even then it’s mostly white guys with Downwards growth who just happen to be 6’3.

Tech salaries in the UK aren't even close to the states. More competition, less jobs, harder to get into.
UK is great for finance, Law, accounting, insurance and maybe some areas of consultancy. Tech is shit here unless you’re top at maths in which case you’ll work at Jane Street.

No wonder you are a clueless underage subhuman little retard, in most of the world +25 yos make less than 10k a year, there are 196 countries on earth and in 120 of those you make 10k a year or less, where I live average is like 3k usd a year, some 20 year olds are making less than 2k a year working at mcshit, hope u get run over by a train and lose all ur limbs maybe then u will be able to comprehend the misery that exists outside of ur bubble.
i was talking about in the west, chill lmfao. i assumed he lived in the west but maybe im wrong? @Foreverbrad

i was talking about in the west, chill lmfao. i assumed he lived in the west but maybe im wrong? @Foreverbrad

I live in the west (western hemisphere) but it's just another mexico (revolting spic shithole as poor as africa).

I live in the west (western hemisphere) but it's just another mexico (revolting spic shithole as poor as africa).
when i say the west i mean non-shitholes

as a person living in a non-shithole (sweden) making 2k a month is dogshit especially if over 25

• +1
Reactions: Splinter901
Literally impossible to get some FAANG crap unless youre the mbappe and messis of the nerd world

UK is great for finance, Law, accounting, insurance and maybe some areas of consultancy. Tech is shit here unless you’re top at maths in which case you’ll work at Jane Street.
All boring as fuck

lmao anybody competent that's worked in software more than 15 years don't write code anymore, they just do code reviews, phone calls, and meetings. its the easiest job in the world for an easy $200k+. hard part is getting there