I think I have scoliosis

optimisticzoomer

optimisticzoomer

Married for 8 years
Man wtf I was taking a video of myself to look at my frame, and noticed how uneven my hips are, and how my upper body is basically shifted to one side. It's like I have an indent in one side, where the hip moves out from the abs area.

I'd thought previously I had some body asymmetry and maybe scoliosis, but looking in the mirror I never really notice it. But on a picture it was brutal.

Another fucking thing to be insecure about jfl:feelshaha::feelswow:

Do any exercises or whatever actually work to correct this?

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, RAMU KAKA and 5'7 zoomer
I think you have jaw asymmetry

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 19453, Deleted member 21765, 5.5psl and 1 other person
I think you have jaw asymmetry
My jaw isn't asymmetrical. My eyes are minorly but eye asymmetry is more obvious than others. My hips are though, brutal

• So Sad
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer
Man wtf I was taking a video of myself to look at my frame, and noticed how uneven my hips are, and how my upper body is basically shifted to one side. It's like I have an indent in one side, where the hip moves out from the abs area.

I'd thought previously I had some body asymmetry and maybe scoliosis, but looking in the mirror I never really notice it. But on a picture it was brutal.

Another fucking thing to be insecure about jfl:feelshaha::feelswow:

Do any exercises or whatever actually work to correct this?
I have pectu carinatum mildly google it

My jaw isn't asymmetrical. My eyes are minorly but eye asymmetry is more obvious than others. My hips are though, brutal
Read this

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19453 and Deleted member 21765
  • Hmm...
Are you 100% sure and tried measuring it?
In pictures of jaw and bite, it's not. The only way to be 100% would be CT scan, which I will probably be getting at some point this summer anyway for surgery planning

• Woah
In pictures of jaw and bite, it's not. The only way to be 100% would be CT scan, which I will probably be getting at some point this summer anyway for surgery planning
Alright

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19453 and optimisticzoomer
i have that too

• +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer
Yes scoliosis can fuck up your symmetry, also remember that spine is, well, the backbone of your body, literally. Everything in your body is growing using it as a point of reference. When it's not straight, everything else starts growing crooked - this can be asymmetry in limbs, hips, shoulders, uneven growth of cranium and face, recession of maxilla and jaw, and issues with sinuses and airways.
I have scoliosis and I was extremely lucky it's impact on my frame and facial development was very limited compared to how it usually is, when I googled how people with my degree of scoliosis look like I was in absolute shock and thanked God for sparing me that fate every day.
So yeah, mind your asymmetries, try to remember to correct them visually with way you walk and your clothing, and exercise to keep your health and stability with muscles.

And to teenagecels here, take it seriously, when you're young it's still possible to fix it, help yourself, or you will suffer immensely and never forgive yourself for fucking it up.

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall