I think the world is sleeping on isometrics

Yellowskies

Yellowskies

Diamond
Imagine the efficiancy of only doing 1-2 sets, to near failure, with maximal contraction and maximum time under tension. Joints stay healthy, and that mind muscle connection that is key for hypertrophy is sort of automatic.

This is isometric training, much utilized by the early strongmen before steroid gymbro era.

If you analyze the situation of hypertrophy, you soon realize it's not about weights, and if you read as much as I do, you realize it's all about time under tension and intensity.

I kind of noticed this ealier but never connected the dots, I could do a lot of situps and heavy ab exercises at the gym for months, but what gave me the most insane ab burn of all time is some evening where I for some reason laughed out really loud for 5-10 minutes. That crushed by abs bro.

I recently also tried a trap exercise where you push your hands out against the fram of a door. Again, insane DOMS from that static press. Never replicated by my very heavy dumbell shrugs.

I'm not saying regular gym isn't good, but isometrics is very overlooked. I just don't think people know about it and just follow the gym trends really.

Also, heavy lifting is the most injury prone activity in the gym. If you aren't built like chad, chances are you're gonna fuck your body up by trying to progressive overload with weights indefinitely - something gotta give.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Artemis
Imagine overthinking all of this and writing walls of cope. Meanwhile low iq jock just do biceps curls with chest press and mog physically 99% of men.

Imagine overthinking all of this and writing walls of cope. Meanwhile low iq jock just do biceps curls with chest press and mog physically 99% of men.

So?

What does another human has to do with your goal of bettering your physique.

This forum is so low iq, always with the chad stuff which gives you the ever present excuse of never doing anything. It's called defeatism.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: LooksOrDeath and Deleted member 22380
uuhhh I need a higher iq forum than this, where the fuck did the old lookism crowd go

i want to train plyometrics ngl, who knows you may need to jump high if you want to get through a wall and shit.

I dont want to become an immobile meathead.

i want to train plyometrics ngl, who knows you may need to jump high if you want to get through a wall and shit.

I dont want to become an immobile meathead.

yes

they are numerous benefits with isometrics, cali and plyo that you just dont get with the typical gym schemes