i wanna get into boxing

shizuku11111

shizuku11111

逆様邪八宝塞
im fucking done playing basketball with 4 sub 80 iq idiots around me who cant make simple fucking decision and paid coaches and referees in this bs country, doesnt fucking matter, i wanna start boxing, a individual sport where i can shine by myself, i recently started to follow it and i really like it, its exciting af, however idk what to do first, there are clubs here in my city but i dont wanna go there looking like a clueless fool, from what ive seen soviet style fits the taller and longer boxers (im 6'1 with 6'3 wingspan) so i guess i should get into that one, but the point is i dont even know the simple things, im total beginner, i know this nigger site isnt the best to ask these things but ive seen some knowledgeable guys here but the only one i can remember is @Gargantuan so whatever

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: silencio, alriodai, wsada and 1 other person
I wish more people would play basketball where I live

• +1
Reactions: shizuku11111
If you’re over 16 don’t consider it

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Autismcel and shizuku11111
Too late to get good at it if you’re looking to compete

Too late to get good at it if you’re looking to compete
is it? my stamina is good already and i somewhat would understand footwork from basketball, i will need to get stronger and learn a lot of different techniques and things like that which im willing to

• JFL
Reactions: BitchBoy
It's nice to get into just don't do to much hard sparring its going to ruin your brain.

• +1
Reactions: futuregigamogger, CarrotMaxxer, SomaliMax and 1 other person
You can start MMA relatively late (17-18) so you’re good in that regard but you would have to commit yourself.
i see, however i find things such as grappling really boring and i wouldnt be able to commit myself to such thing, i assume kickboxing will be much harder to master?

i see, however i find things such as grappling really boring and i wouldnt be able to commit myself to such thing, i assume kickboxing will be much harder to master?
No kickboxing is easier to learn, but if you find grappling boring you shouldn’t do MMA because you’ll need to master BJJ along with improving yourself in other forms of grappling

• +1
Reactions: futuregigamogger and shizuku11111
No kickboxing is easier to learn, but if you find grappling boring you shouldn’t do MMA because you’ll need to master BJJ along with improving yourself in other forms of grappling
i appreciate the help my nigga, have a nice day or night, wherever ur from

• +1
Reactions: butterworld
  • JFL
Reactions: st.hamudi but 6‘5
Boxing IS the worst sport youll get brain damage

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: JoeKeys9 and shizuku11111
I started boxing at 17 and it was the best decision I've made in my life.

I never got professional, but I don't care.
It makes me feel good after letting all the emotions Burt's and that's all that matters.

• Love it
just join a gym or buy a bag and train on your own easy work.

• +1
I started boxing at 17 and it was the best decision I've made in my life.

I never got professional, but I don't care.
It makes me feel good after letting all the emotions Burt's and that's all that matters.
lol at idiots above telling its bad sport and u could get brain damage, you can take anger out, its great cardio, you get strong, great self defense and u have fun, glad u did that, but after i did my research i cant get into boxing since i wear contacts and it isnt allowed, however contacts are allowed in mma but i will get lasik when im older anyway so i will most likely get into mma beacuse getting into boxing at 20-21 would be ehh

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ElTruecel, alriodai and Esteban1997
just join a gym or buy a bag and train on your own easy work.
my first thought as well, i was gonna get a bag and hang it on at my attic

my first thought as well, i was gonna get a bag and hang it on at my attic
yea i bought one of those stations that has a speedbag on the back and a heavyback on the front. But, it's not ideal cus if you want to be a good boxer you got have 360 degree movement. So, yea buy a bag and hang it from the ceiling then box with ease !

• +1
is it? my stamina is good already and i somewhat would understand footwork from basketball, i will need to get stronger and learn a lot of different techniques and things like that which im willing to
Delusional. I played soccer and ran back and fourth + I’m gymmaxxed. Boxing is a different league bro. You’ll gas out + ur shoulders will fatigue quick af when u first stsrt

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: ElTruecel, butterworld and shizuku11111
Just buy a bag to practice technique at home

Pay for a few private 1on1 coaching sessions so u can get over the newbie phase in private instead of infront of 30 people

don't listen to theses faggots up there that never got into a fight in their life talking about "too late no bro get into blabla"

if u live in good first world country, get into a boxing gym or pay for individual trainer the first weeks/ 2 months

stamina is super important in boxing, its like 70-80% of that shit

learn the basics in a gym with someone who knows or if ur giga smart theres many ytb tutorials (do the first one)

then keep training w a trainer and do alot of sparring

ppl tellin u not to get into it its bc u will most likely get discouraged from seeing dudes younger than u beating u but its normal jfl

• +1
if u live in good first world country, get into a boxing gym or pay for individual trainer the first weeks/ 2 months
nah i live in serbia, far from a first world country but still not a shithole

i looked things up and its illegal to wear contacts in boxing which i need beacuse i have bad vision, however it is legal in mma which i will probably pursue, thanks for high effort reply tho

I quit basketball at 17 and started boxing at 19.
Do it. bball is cool but its pointless if you are not going to go pro, after 16-17.. I played, i know.

You are not too old to be a very good boxer, and i dont think you would ever want to go pro any ways so age is not a concern.
Boxing is very good cardio and if you have good frame and height, even after a couple months of training you can basically knock tf out of any untrained person in a street fight easily.

Fighting is fun.

• +1
Reactions: Zikel_Nut and shizuku11111
I quit basketball at 17 and started boxing at 19.
Do it. bball is cool but its pointless if you are not going to go pro, after 16-17.. I played, i know.

You are not too old to be a very good boxer, and i dont think you would ever want to go pro any ways so age is not a concern.
Boxing is very good cardio and if you have good frame and height, even after a couple months of training you can basically knock tf out of any untrained person in a street fight easily.

Fighting is fun.
i really wanted to make it pro in basketball and i had a chance, but its really hard in corrupt eastern eu corrupt countries where clubs dont care to push good players forward but only care about money and those talentless make it beacuse they had rich dad, u get the point, doesnt matter

however i wanted to get into boxing until i realized u cant wear contacts in fights, spars etc beacuse they are illgegal and i need them beacuse of my bad vision, i decided to try mma and give it a shot

• +1
wish basketball would be like america here
i wish every sport was here like in america, in whole europe even in first world countries its all corrupt bs where those with money get pushed by coaches, parents etc

i really wanted to make it pro in basketball and i had a chance, but its really hard in corrupt eastern eu corrupt countries where clubs dont care to push good players forward but only care about money and those talentless make it beacuse they had rich dad, u get the point, doesnt matter

however i wanted to get into boxing until i realized u cant wear contacts in fights, spars etc beacuse they are illgegal and i need them beacuse of my bad vision, i decided to try mma and give it a shot
i don't want to discourage a possible future alex pereira but i think chasing a career in pro sports is pretty pointless, especially if you are starting at 16-17 at a new sport.
Focus on academics or whatever else that can get you a good career/money( i took the academic route so i wouldn't know), and keep sports as a hobby. You can do MMA or boxe and become very good at it even do a couple amateur fights.. But realistically choosing sports as your career is not smart.

Delusional lil fag

boxing is a nigger martial art, atleast do kickboxing