I want to be a pro boxer

.👽.

.👽.

everyone can get a GF except me💔
I have good reach and height, and naturally sporty, but too old. Fuck is it worth it to try. Trained casually before.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 4804, Deleted member 4464, Mouthbreath and 2 others
It’s too late

• JFL
Reactions: GetShrekt
No boxing for ur face

• JFL
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: adotsdot, mogstar, Deleted member 4804 and 8 others
How old are you?

It's not too late to learn how to defend yourself, But you wouldn't be able to go pro.
Even at 18 I would say it's too late for the average guy.
Who knows?
Maybe you are the exception.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8902, Deleted member 7098, Deleted member 6512 and 3 others
It's not too late to learn how to defend yourself, But you wouldn't be able to go pro.
joshua started at around 18 lol

• +1
Reactions: owlofathena and .👽.
Its over professionaly
You can do it as a hobby tho
Unluko. But f.e. maywesther is 40 and was active some years ago, manny pac too. Idk i have some hope left

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10987
Unluko. But f.e. maywesther is 40 and was active some years ago, manny pac too. Idk i have some hope left
They started at a very young age
Just do it as a hobby and try to be the best

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6512, Deleted member 7098 and .👽.
Fuck man thats depressing

I have good reach and height, and naturally sporty, but too old. Fuck is it worth it to try. Trained casually before.
you might have it but let me remind you don't train alone. If you go like that in some gym... these people will not hold bck man.

Try something like BJJ or Judo. Even Karate is really good because they mainly hit body and not the face

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6512 and .👽.
you might have it but let me remind you don't train alone. If you go like that in some gym... these people will not hold bck man.

Try something like BJJ or Judo. Even Karate is really good because they mainly hit body and not the face
Yea ik i an already training in a boxxlub but just casual, 2-3 times a week before corona

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10913

Kyokushinkai is the best of karate, maybe a little harsh but i know you can find something op.​

• +1
Reactions: .👽.
Yea ik i an already training in a boxxlub but just casual, 2-3 times a week before corona
i see, you want some variation in sports then, seek out what is the best for you then

Tbh realisticaly i wont be a pro but i feel like i need to try rather than say "what if". You know what i mean?

Boxe thai is better

Nah bro they’ll lay you out flat in your first ever boxing match, try soccer instead. I wanted to be a boxer but it’s not only about hard work it’s also about genetics, my bones are too weak, my skeleton is too small. Today I was punching my Mexican manlet friend in the arm and instead of hurting him it was hurting my tiny wrists and hands, he was just laughing, the guy had like 8 inch wrists and brick-hard bones.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6512 and .👽.
Nah bro they’ll lay you out flat in your first ever boxing match, try soccer instead. I wanted to be a boxer but it’s not only about hard work it’s also about genetics, my bones are too weak, my skeleton is too small. Today I was punching my Mexican manlet friend in the arm and instead of hurting him it was hurting my tiny wrists and hands, he was just laughing, the guy had like 8 inch wrists and brick-hard bones.
Tbh, trying to get into martial arts while having weak skull is suicide.

Joe Joyce got into boxing at the age of 22 and turned pro at 32. But for most/average guys, who aren't as athletically gifted, that's very unrealistic to replicate.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6512, owlofathena and .👽.
Joe Joyce got into boxing at the age of 22 and turned pro at 32. But for most/average guys, who aren't as athletically gifted, that's very unrealistic to replicate.
Ive fucking had it with people with 'sports genetics'. I train so hard and get beaten by guys who flop around in training every day

Who knows?
Maybe you are the exception.
wilder started boxing at 20

• Love it
Boxing and UFC are the few sports where you can go pro even if you started in your 20's.

• Love it

Kyokushinkai is the best of karate, maybe a little harsh but i know you can find something op.​

Karate is a meme, maybe if you find some grandmaster in Japan that’s actually been in fights or some gymbrah that teaches an MMA mixed karate

Boxing and UFC are the few sports where you can go pro even if you started in your 20's.
I don’t agree, a lot of fighters started young. The minimum seems to be atleast college wrestling, I would think no later than 17-18.

• +1
Karate is a meme, maybe if you find some grandmaster in Japan that’s actually been in fights or some gymbrah that teaches an MMA mixed karate
the guy is 25 right now and Kyokushinkai is pretty legit. It is bare knuckle on body and abstains from hitting the face directly.

Tbh realisticaly i wont be a pro but i feel like i need to try rather than say "what if". You know what i mean?
Lol any shmuck can go pro, you won't be successful tho and the highlight of your career will be bein used as a stepping stone for some hot new prospect.

Just train to scratch that itch and then pass your dreams onto your children.

The people who start late all have one thing in common: natural athleticism

• +1
anything is possible

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6892 and .👽.
The people who start late all have one thing in common: natural athleticism
Okay? They're sports. People who are athletic are obviously going to be the ones who are the best at it.

Also, boxing and UFC aren't nearly as dependent on natural athleticism as football, basketball, soccer, etc. They are probably the least dependent on natural athleticism.

"aLl pRoFeSsiOnAl aThLEteS hAvE oNe thIng iN coMMon: aThleTiciSM." - :feelsuhh:

Last edited:
  • JFL
Also, boxing and UFC aren't nearly as dependent on natural athleticism as football, basketball, soccer, etc. They are probably the least dependent on natural athleticism.

I wasn't gonna reply to your low iq take but lmao this is just such a laughable statement considering recent history in mma and boxing.

I wasn't gonna reply to your low iq take but lmao this is just such a laughable statement considering recent history in mma and boxing.
Yes, an actual former college athlete has a low IQ take compared to the nerd who’s never played a sport.

Which sports are less dependent on natural athleticism than boxing and mma and what is your definition of “natural athleticism” because it must be much different than mine.