I want to make an appliance but need tips from crafters

Agendum

Agendum

Banned
Ima make an appliance but dont know how.

I need tips on materials and parts.
Im trying add broad force upwards onto the palate + medium force on the pterygoid.

An appliance for overbitecels, I believe that upward + backward force will help improve the effects of a poor Basal Cranial Angle.

As the BCA gets worse, the face gets longer and/or more subhuman with age. Ima fix it....or something. Ive got ideas.

How do I make a mould of the palate that hardens into plastic or hard material and can be shapened?

Thanks in advance.

you need orthodontic alginate, casting powder and orthodontic impression trays for the impression of the palate and for making the actual appliance out of that probably acrylic monomer and polymer with some sort of a seperator like vaseline

• Love it
Reactions: Agendum
you need orthodontic alginate, casting powder and orthodontic impression trays for the impression of the palate and for making the actual appliance out of that probably acrylic monomer and polymer with some sort of a seperator like vaseline
Thanks for the quick reply. What about types of metal? Im considering using my bite as a means of transferring force.

I need to be able to manipulate metal into organic shaped but once hardened cannot warp under the forced of the bite.

Thanks for the quick reply. What about types of metal? Im considering using my bite as a means of transferring force.

I need to be able to manipulate metal into organic shaped but once hardened cannot warp under the forced of the bite.
no idea about the metal. maybe you could use copper? but that would be pretty difficult to make something very precise

• +1
Reactions: Agendum
what are your thoughts on N2 implant and more specificaly this kind of maxillary movement:
Screenshot 2024 02 26 at 94144PM