I was robbed of an attractive face

Did you get orthodontic treatment (braces, etc) while growing up?

• Yes, and my face is narrow, elongated and I had to pull teeth.

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Yes, and my face is perfect now, and I never had to pull teeth.

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No, and my face is narrow and elongated.

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No, and face developed correctly, and I never had to pull teeth.

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
SomethingOff

SomethingOff

PhD in Moggology
Fuck Orthodontics, the "solution" to the problem of improper facial development that gives you an overbite is to keep pulling teeth and pushing the remaining teeth closer together while your face gets more and more elongated. Who the fuck thought this was the best solution? You get braces, come back a couple years later and they tell you "It's not looking good, hmm, looks like we're gonna have to pull 4 more teeth to make space lol"

Make space? Make space by ripping out teeth instead of attempting to widen the palate so you can actually fit the 32 teeth literally every human on earth is born with?

So when a face droops and gets narrow, the solution is to remove teeth till you've got few enough to fit in the shitty elongated, narrow face with bad development, and try and force the jaw forward unnaturally with rubber bands? Garbage facial growth is never questioned or even thought about, you could walk into the office mouthbreathing and no one would bat a fucking eye. It's like they don't care how your face develops. The years where your face is the most malleable, you have no idea what proper tongue posture is, and the orthodontist treatments make it HARDER instead of easier to have correct oral posture.

Fuck orthodontics. Kids should visit yearly to an orthotropics expert that evaluates their breathing posture, and sees if their facial growth is going well.

It's not too late, but it would be so much better to have known this shit when I was 12 instead of now. Holy shit.
Here's a little poll..

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Nibba
Fuck Orthodontics, the "solution" to the problem of improper facial development that gives you an overbite is to keep pulling teeth and pushing the remaining teeth closer together while your face gets more and more elongated. Who the fuck thought this was the best solution? You get braces, come back a couple years later and they tell you "It's not looking good, hmm, looks like we're gonna have to pull 4 more teeth to make space lol"

Make space? Make space by ripping out teeth instead of attempting to widen the palate so you can actually fit the 32 teeth literally every human on earth is born with?

So when a face droops and gets narrow, the solution is to remove teeth till you've got few enough to fit in the shitty elongated, narrow face with bad development? Garbage facial growth is never questioned or even thought about, you could walk into the office mouthbreathing and no one would bat a fucking eye. It's like they don't care how your face develops. The years where your face is the most malleable, you have no idea what proper tongue posture is, and the orthodontist treatments make it HARDER instead of easier to have correct oral posture.

Fuck orthodontics. Kids should visit yearly to an orthotropics expert that evaluates their breathing posture, and sees if their facial growth is going well.

It's not too late, but it would be so much better to have known this shit when I was 12 instead of now. Holy shit.
Here's a little poll..

Capitalism. Doesn't matter if we pollute the planet or destroy people face, the question is if it sells $$$, $mile $ells (you only need to hide the impact on facial beauty or just be as ill-informed as the general population)

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and SomethingOff
Agree
I broke 4 teeth from a fall, maybe that's why I have a shitty maxilla

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and SomethingOff
Hard fucking mew until fainting is our only hope now. You can get wider palate by mewing too.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Nibba and SomethingOff
@SomethingOff Need to get braces for my crooked teeth though.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
I don’t think think teeth have coralation to jaw growth

• +1
200.webp

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Swagwaffle and Dude420

Yes if you remove teeth the jaw doesn't develop as much because it doesn't have pressure from the teeth which as they grow are pressuring each other in the jaw bone for room in your mouth.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Swagwaffle
  • +1
I don't think braces are that bad as long as you're not getting them because of a narrow palate.

• +1
I don't think braces are that bad as long as you're not getting them because of a narrow palate.
The issue is when they begin pulling teeth to "make space". That is a sign that the face is not developing properly, and instead of scheduling teeth for pulling a few weeks later down the road, they should immediately schedule a weekly trip to an orthotropics expert, in hopes of reversing the negative growth. I agree that braces can be fine in some cases, but so many goddamn times do they result in having to pull teeth after, and that's a sign that the face has continued to grown poorly, even if the teeth are straighter.

• +1
The issue is when they begin pulling teeth to "make space". That is a sign that the face is not developing properly, and instead of scheduling teeth for pulling a few weeks later down the road, they should immediately schedule a weekly trip to an orthotropics expert, in hopes of reversing the negative growth. I agree that braces can be fine in some cases, but so many goddamn times do they result in having to pull teeth after, and that's a sign that the face has continued to grown poorly, even if the teeth are straighter.
Once you have to pull teeth because of braces you're going in the wrong direction. I had to get braces because I had 3 missing teeth that I wasn't born with so the other teeth got too spaced out. Although I wonder if proper oral posture still could've made them fit more properly in their places.

Right now I have a retainer behind my two front teeth and I think it might be interfering with my oral posture (I haven't really figured out where the tip of my tounge should be) but from what I understand getting the posterior third of the tounge up on the palate is the most important and tounge tip position might not be crucial.

• +1