I was today years old when I found out you could remove Bimax bolts/splints

Sal

Sal

Nobody really likes us except for us
Why did no one tell me this?

I never knew, I thought those metal things had to stay in your face forever....

I'm not sure if it's for Lefort 1, 2, and 3 tho

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Gonthar and Deleted member 17345
theres even such bolts that dissolve after few years,made of some specific polymers

• Woah
Reactions: Sal
I never knew, I thought those metal things had to stay in your face forever....
The bones fuse together and the metal plates and screws aren't needed anymore, how do you think regular fractures heal?

• +1
Reactions: Sal
The bones fuse together and the metal plates and screws aren't needed anymore, how do you think regular fractures heal?
Honestly I was never into the hardmaxxing shit like this so I never knew but Dan this is insane. Is this the case with implants?? Jaw/Chin implants with dissolving bolts?

Honestly I was never into the hardmaxxing shit like this so I never knew but Dan this is insane. Is this the case with implants?? Jaw/Chin implants with dissolving bolts?
I knew about bone implants made from hydroxyapatite - bone grows on them and are eventually absorbed so you are left with only bone, apparently there are screws too...

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17345
I knew about bone implants made from hydroxyapatite - bone grows on them and are eventually absorbed so you are left with only bone, apparently there are screws too...
So which doctors all the bones to fuse and the plates to come out?

• Hmm...
Reactions: Gonthar
from what i found, years before doctors refuse to remove it, in fact, they claimed since it causes no problem, you shouldn't touch it after the surgery.
nowadays, they give you a date to remove it after your bone fully fuse together.

theres even such bolts that dissolve after few years,made of some specific polymers
never heard any doctor use that, probably some "in future" product.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7725
from what i found, years before doctors refuse to remove it, in fact, they claimed since it causes no problem, you shouldn't touch it after the surgery.
nowadays, they give you a date to remove it after your bone fully fuse together.
I’ve talked to some that said they don’t remove it