I wish I had normies' brainpower

thecel

thecel

narrow-orbits brachy-skull ogre
Many people here think normies are dumb, but I actually envy normies for their incredible brainpower when it comes to general knowledge. Normie brains seem to be "selectively smart," if you will. They're able to memorize, rapidly access, and quickly process a vast library of knowledge, unless the subject of that knowledge is very academic.

Most people are able to store extremely large amounts of the following types of knowledge, including but definitely not limited to:
  • personal experiences
  • stuff other people said and did
  • (in school) who's dating who, who does what extracurricular activities
  • place names and locations
  • clothing brands and what clothes are what brand
  • plots of movies and shows
  • things happening on social media
  • news and current events
  • artists, songs, and lyrics
  • stuff celebrities are doing
  • controversial issues
  • history
  • politics
  • etc.
When they have conversations, their brains efficiently process incoming language and sort through this giant pile of information to come up with the ideal reply, unconsciously, in real-time.

Not to mention they can come up with jokes on the spot to go with the facts.

That's just amazing to me. My brain deals with current events and AP US History pretty much the same. I have the same difficulty recalling clothing brands and song lyrics as vocab lists and polyatomic ions. They're all just knowledge; they're the same shit to me. If I want to remember things, I have to study them and review them, or else I'll forget them.

Like it never fails to astonish me how my friends can remember so much shit about the animes that they watch while I struggle to remember the gas laws in AP Chemistry and the kinematic equations in AP Physics.

It's even like that with users and content on Looksmax.me. If we were to have a Looksmax meetup, and y'all ask me something like "yo remember what [username] posted in your thread about ___?" I wouldn't be able to recall it because my brain doesn't automatically keep track of that stuff. I have to manually memorize pretty much everything that I want to retain. I might remember the gist of some posts I found funny, but I probably won't have a clue who posted what.

Talking to people about things other than girls is hard for me because my brain doesn't have a "general knowledge turbo boost." It's the same slow access speed for all kinds of information in my long-term memory. Even when I'm talking to someone about a subject I do have a good memory of, I still suck ass since I can't rapidly synthesize all the knowledge in the background in real-time like most people can; I always have to think.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Mongrelcel, deadend, LastHopeForNorman and 12 others
That is interesting but it seems to me more of a social instincts issue than memory. I am sure if I said “hey remember that post you made about measuring different physical characteristics and polling women to see which is most important to women?” you would know the post I am talking about. But, to bring it up organically in a conversation is a different thing, that relies on a completely different part of the brain

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy, Deleted member 11167 and thecel
I'm high IQ and I have a vast breadth of knowledge but it all deals with autistic shit like the contents of .me, politics, Jews, and obscure periods in history.

I'd rather just be normie and not suffer through this intense depersonalized anxiety ridden OCD fuck fest.

• +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel, intovoid, thecel and 5 others
You’re right normie brains are truly amazing. Their skill to defend against any free thought thrown their way with mental gymnastics and cognitive dissonance seem so effortless. I envy that level of blissful ignorance along with the ability to recite every lyric of every song at a house party.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Patient A, The Moggee, BigBoy and 3 others
I have a very high IQ and a vast knowledge about so many different topics including but not limited to: History, Song Names, Band Names, Names of Celebrities, Names of People I Know, Historical events, Names of Important Historical Figures, Cities, Countries, Sayings, Definitions, Names of Movies, Names of TV Shows, and I have a lot of memories from my childhood that are so far away that I still remember very well.

I am an expert at remembering names or facts but I am really bad at remembering numbers or dates.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel, Acnno, BigBoy and 3 others
Ab75bf16f7d7e4882e1dea59273b1cb2

• JFL
Reactions: Mongrelcel and thecel
my iq is average tbh.

but I do know what I feel I need to know about the world, and what will help me.

so yeah. I feel like too many of us have useless knowledge that our obsessive brains cling on too

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Nigga what
Ur telling me u can’t do that
Do u have Alzheimer’s

• +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: BigBoy, thecel and IdiAmin
Many people here think normies are dumb, but I actually envy normies for their incredible brainpower when it comes to general knowledge. Normie brains seem to be "selectively smart," if you will. They're able to memorize, rapidly access, and quickly process a vast library of knowledge, unless the subject of that knowledge is very academic.

Most people are able to store extremely large amounts of the following types of knowledge, including but definitely not limited to:
  • personal experiences
  • stuff other people said and did
  • (in school) who's dating who, who does what extracurricular activities
  • place names and locations
  • clothing brands and what clothes are what brand
  • plots of movies and shows
  • things happening on social media
  • news and current events
  • artists, songs, and lyrics
  • stuff celebrities are doing
  • controversial issues
  • history
  • politics
  • etc.
When they have conversations, their brains efficiently process incoming language and sort through this giant pile of information to come up with the ideal reply, unconsciously, in real-time.

Not to mention they can come up with jokes on the spot to go with the facts.

That's just amazing to me. My brain deals with current events and AP US History pretty much the same. I have the same difficulty recalling clothing brands and song lyrics as vocab lists and polyatomic ions. They're all just knowledge; they're the same shit to me. If I want to remember things, I have to study them and review them, or else I'll forget them.

Like it never fails to astonish me how my friends can remember so much shit about the animes that they watch while I struggle to remember the gas laws in AP Chemistry and the kinematic equations in AP Physics.

It's even like that with users and content on Looksmax.me. If we were to have a Looksmax meetup, and y'all ask me something like "yo remember what [username] posted in your thread about ___?" I wouldn't be able to recall it because my brain doesn't automatically keep track of that stuff. I have to manually memorize pretty much everything that I want to retain. I might remember the gist of some posts I found funny, but I probably won't have a clue who posted what.

Talking to people about things other than girls is hard for me because my brain doesn't have a "general knowledge turbo boost." It's the same slow access speed for all kinds of information in my long-term memory. Even when I'm talking to someone about a subject I do have a good memory of, I still suck ass since I can't rapidly synthesize all the knowledge in the background in real-time like most people can; I always have to think.
I wish I had processing speed.

• So Sad
I have a very high IQ and a vast knowledge about so many different topics including but not limited to: History, Song Names, Band Names, Names of Celebrities, Names of People I Know, Historical events, Names of Important Historical Figures, Cities, Countries, Sayings, Definitions, Names of Movies, Names of TV Shows, and I have a lot of memories from my childhood that are so far away that I still remember very well.

I am an expert at remembering names or facts but I am really bad at remembering numbers or dates.
Screenshot 20201225 042430 DuckDuckGo

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Mongrelcel, Growth Plate, Need2Ascend and 5 others

youre mental mate

• So Sad

Mogs me

• +1
Nigga what
Ur telling me u can’t do that
Do u have Alzheimer’s

Other people are 160 IQ at everyday topics and 80 IQ at school. I’m just 80 IQ at everything.

Last edited:
Bruh U mad smart

• Hmm...
I remember reading this as a lurkingcel. Good post

• +1
yeah man

• +1