Ideal masseter hypertrophy

Hebbley

Hebbley

Iron
For most efficient masseter hypertrophy is it best to chew a few hours every day, or add in rest and chew a few hours every other day.

:feelsuhh:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: i_love_roosters and BullyofAlphaBitches
never crossed my mind really useful thread

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: mirrormogger, coispet and Bigmoneyballer
Masseters are a meme for most of the bloated potatoes on here and in general.

I trained them to death in years past and they never improved my appearance even being quite lean.

The angle of the jaw is what decides nearly all.

If you have a sloped jaw/steep gonial/etc. no amount of jaw muscle will make you look more human.

For most efficient masseter hypertrophy is it best to chew a few hours every day, or add in rest and chew a few hours every other day.

Looking at how it is affected by testosterone, we can assume it works the same as any muscle and muscle hypertrophy occurs when muscle fibers are subjected to mechanical stress, leading to microscopic damage. During the recovery phase, damaged muscle fibers undergo repair and remodeling.

1. Warm-up: Chew on a soft food item for a few minutes.
2. Chewing: Chew for 10-15 minutes.
3. Rest: Take a short break.
4. Repeat the chewing and rest for the duration of the session (e.g., 3-4 sets).
5. Perform this routine every other day.
6. Increase the duration of chewing sets over time.

What to chew: Falim, Mastic, Jawliner 3.0

Chewing with incisors targets the front jaw muscles, while chewing with molars uses the masseter muscle more

@Snake.0359

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: tigrxs, Snake.0359, Hebbley and 1 other person
ive got wide cheekbones and chewing ascended me even tho ive got bad masseter insertion

Looking at how it is affected by testosterone, we can assume it works the same as any muscle and muscle hypertrophy occurs when muscle fibers are subjected to mechanical stress, leading to microscopic damage. During the recovery phase, damaged muscle fibers undergo repair and remodeling.

4. Repeat the chewing and rest for the duration of the session (e.g., 3-4 sets).

Chewing with incisors targets the front jaw muscles, while chewing with molars uses the masseter muscle more

@Snake.0359
Thank you bro. And you want the front jaw muscles for a better look right? So incisor chewing?

I chew with molars 2 hours per day every 2 days.

I used to chew falim and mastic but I found mastic fucks with your teeth so I just chew normal ‘Extra’ chewing gum as the bubble mint flavour is just as good as falim.

• +1
Reactions: Hebbley

@Snake.0359
I chew 3 times a day after each meal Ordinary Jawliner. Before that used to chew 30 Orbits each session. I don't know but in my experience Chewing 3 times a day 10-15 minutes is the best for Masseter Hypertrophy. My jaw became really wide because of that. Or this is too much, what do you think? And Did you try Jawliner 3.0? Is it really tough to chew? Right I'm searching and using different objects at home to chew, I even construct my own chewing expander from this:

What do you think about that?

Last edited:

@Snake.0359
Also what do you think about this method?:

I chew 3 times a day after each meal Ordinary Jawliner. Before that used to chew 30 Orbits each session. I don't know but in my experience Chewing 3 times a day 10-15 minutes is the best for Masseter Hypertrophy. My jaw became really wide because of that. Or this is too much, what do you think? And Did you try Jawliner 3.0? Is it really tough to chew? Right I'm searching and using different objects at home to chew, I even construct my own chewing expander from this:
View attachment 2812722
mastic gum is all you need the least toxic thing to chew

dont use that stupid circle rubber thingy from that asian guy who recommends it will loosen teeth

• +1
Reactions: Snake.0359
mastic gum is all you need the least toxic thing to chew

dont use that stupid circle rubber thingy from that asian guy who recommends it will loosen teeth
This Jawliner is more tougher IMO

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 65174
Yea bro just chew gum:feelsgood:

View attachment 2812722
i think a day is excessive since muscles build during the rest period not the work out stage, also i think the fact u cant almost close your mouth with the chewing expander u showed would make it work less you should use normal muscle logic for the jaw too, half reps arent as affective as you cant full close it, also in theory mike mentzer believed that holding weights for a time is better than repping it, which that logic im pretty sure is true so that would assume that biting down hard on something like jawliner is better than chewing

• +1
Reactions: Snake.0359
i think a day is excessive since muscles build during the rest period not the work out stage, also i think the fact u cant almost close your mouth with the chewing expander u showed would make it work less you should use normal muscle logic for the jaw too, half reps arent as affective as you cant full close it, also in theory mike mentzer believed that holding weights for a time is better than repping it, which that logic im pretty sure is true so that would assume that biting down hard on something like jawliner is better than chewing
You also must understand that Jaw Muscles are different from regular muscles as they are more endure and stronger. They recover much faster than biceps or chest. By my experiance even Chewing 1-2 a day is Extremelly Not Enough, as I tried to chew 2 times a day and Jaw didn't grow any, it just looked Bloated, Tried 1 time and my jaw looked the same as it was before I started Chewing. 3 times a day by my experiance is ideal, because of that My Jaw is Wide AF. Regarding Big expander I will try to modify it and make it smaller, it's good tho it's much tougher than regular jawliner tho. But Your saying that Holding weight for a time makes Sense, cause I noticed when I bite down really hard Jawliner my Temporalis muscles pump extremelly hard, but my Jawliner will wear out very quickly because of that and begin to crack and tear up, because I bought bad quality Jawliner. So will Try biting hard other objects

Would work in theory, wouldnt work better than mastic gum or chewing on anything normal tho
Someone in this forum said that Towels are really hard to chew, even harder than Mastic gum tho. Who knows, we must try everything

• +1
Reactions: Rigged
Someone in this forum said that Towels are really hard to chew, even harder than Mastic gum tho. Who knows, we must try everything
Using that logic id say pillows are the best, assuming the pillow is good quality, the pillow will squeeze until ur jaw doesnt have the strength to bite any harder to compress the pillow, in a sense a pillow will cap u out at ur bite strength while leaving more space to decompress as ur bite gets weaker while u hold, in a sense its a drop set in the gym sense but it automatically adjusts for ur bite strength

You also must understand that Jaw Muscles are different from regular muscles as they are more endure and stronger. They recover much faster than biceps or chest. By my experiance even Chewing 1-2 a day is Extremelly Not Enough, as I tried to chew 2 times a day and Jaw didn't grow any, it just looked Bloated, Tried 1 time and my jaw looked the same as it was before I started Chewing. 3 times a day by my experiance is ideal, because of that My Jaw is Wide AF. Regarding Big expander I will try to modify it and make it smaller, it's good tho it's much tougher than regular jawliner tho. But Your saying that Holding weight for a time makes Sense, cause I noticed when I bite down really hard Jawliner my Temporalis muscles pump extremelly hard, but my Jawliner will wear out very quickly because of that and begin to crack and tear up, because I bought bad quality Jawliner. So will Try biting hard other objects
Yeh i recommended 3-4 sets too in the comment, also id assume that jaw heals only 10-20% faster than the chest and bicep muscle, while it does have more endurance that wouldnt affect rest time, id still say every other day is ideal

Mostly dependent on genes.