Ideal midface ratio is 0.95-1

optimisticzoomer

optimisticzoomer

I seem to be shrinking
Obviously 1:1 is commonly seen as the ideal midface ratio, but often people say above 1 is ideal too

I have autistically analysed many faces of actors and other famous people at random and almost all of them have a midface ratio below 1. So for males, I believe above 1:1 to be Indian sfs cope

Also, examples of midface ratios of some actors which are below ideal (straight on, not smiling, varies slightly by pic):

Chris Hemsworth: 0.94
Liam Hemsworth: 0.91
Ian somerhalder: 0.87
Jake gyllenhaal: 0.86

All sub ideal but look fine

But I would say, generally, above 1:1 is not good (in B4 Barrett). Ideal is 0.95-1

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Heinrich Schmidt, HarrierDuBois, thecel and 6 others
slighly long mid face is high class af. short mid face is low trust af

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Heinrich Schmidt, ungewist, sportsmogger and 2 others
My midface Is 0.93

• +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer
find 4 gl people who dont have ideal midface theory

they are gl despite long midface not because of it

• +1
Reactions: Aloft
  • +1
Reactions: ElTruecel
find 4 gl people who dont have ideal midface theory

they are gl despite long midface not because of it
Try almost any actor, front facing pic, head straight, no smiling.
I tried with depp, Chris Evans, Jason Statham, Matthew mcconnaughy, Christian bale, and more

Most male actors are around 0.95

Point is that ideal is 0.95-1, not that the 4 i listed before have ideal midface

• +1
Reactions: sportsmogger
Exhibit A

Exhibit A Part 2

Exhibit B

• +1
Reactions: sportsmogger, Miniskull and blackckatt
Try almost any actor, front facing pic, head straight, no smiling.
I tried with depp, Chris Evans, Jason Statham, Matthew mcconnaughy, Christian bale, and more

Most male actors are around 0.95

Point is that ideal is 0.95-1, not that the 4 i listed before have ideal midface

• JFL
0.95-1 is ideal for masculinity, 1.05 can still look good but its more prettyboy. 1.1+ is scrunch faced and bad. You can't just say anything above 1.0 is bad lol. It still looks good up until like 1.09+ when it starts looking scrunched

• +1
Reactions: bodydmorph2004 and optimisticzoomer
Compact midface is a memes, @HarrierDuBois

• +1
Reactions: Heinrich Schmidt, HarrierDuBois and optimisticzoomer
i’m assuming u have mid face ratio of 0.95-1

• JFL
Reactions: eduardkoopman
i’m assuming u have mid face ratio of 0.95-1
Nope, mine is lower. However, even on morphs of myself (wider ipd and lip lift) it looks retarded above 1

My point is backed up by the fact the majority of conventionally attractive men do not have a midface ratio above 1:1

• +1
Reactions: bodydmorph2004
Nope, mine is lower. However, even on morphs of myself (wider ipd and lip lift) it looks retarded above 1

My point is backed up by the fact the majority of conventionally attractive men do not have a midface ratio above 1:1
sean O'pry is above 1

sean O'pry is above 1
Yes, and he looks good cos of high pfl and other great features. He would probably look better with slightly lower ratio.

It's like how Ian somerhalder looks good despite low mfr, same with opry but opposite

Most people will look like they have a stunted face with a mfr above 1

Yea I was speaking abt this in a thread a little bit ago but got shit on cuz i’m a greycel. but I agree with what ur saying. anyone who says ideal midface is above 1 is retarded. Id say the ideal lies in .95-1.05. What matters more imo is proper forward growth in the midface. Take rodrigo guirao diaz, he has <.95 midface but super good forward growth so it doesn’t really come as a flaw.

• +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois and optimisticzoomer
Obviously 1:1 is commonly seen as the ideal midface ratio, but often people say above 1 is ideal too

I have autistically analysed many faces of actors and other famous people at random and almost all of them have a midface ratio below 1. So for males, I believe above 1:1 to be Indian sfs cope

Also, examples of midface ratios of some actors which are below ideal (straight on, not smiling, varies slightly by pic):

Chris Hemsworth: 0.94
Liam Hemsworth: 0.91
Ian somerhalder: 0.87
Jake gyllenhaal: 0.86

All sub ideal but look fine

But I would say, generally, above 1:1 is not good (in B4 Barrett). Ideal is 0.95-1
Do you think if you have other features like good eye area and a forward grown maxilla and generell good jaw nobody cares about midface.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Heinrich Schmidt, Magnum Opus and thecel
In women yes. For men OP @optimisticzoomer is right, 0.95-1 is ideal.
Yes of course but Ian Somerholder Jake Gylenhall have pretty faces even with an elongated ratio

They are outliers.
Yes even though I think midface matters and is often underrated I think with a good hairstyle and other good features etc you can still be in chadlite to chad area.

• +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois
Yes even though I think midface matters and is often underrated I think with a good hairstyle and other good features etc you can still be in chadlite to chad area.
If you have a long midface, having a tall chin and horizontally wide thick eyebrows is what is going to save you every single time.

If you have a long midface, having a tall chin and horizontally wide thick eyebrows is what is going to save you every single time.
Yes I agree a broad chin is giving your more masculinity to your looks. And eyebrows ofc are important

yeah if you measure down to the middle of the lips

• JFL