If bone resorbs when teeth are extracted, does that mean that implants will build new bone?

mvp2v1

mvp2v1

Show me your bones & I will show you ur destiny
So we all know that premolar extractions cause bone resorption, thus the face becomes more recessed, and narrow/downswung. This would also be true for wisdom teeth there is no logic that would make this not true.

The question is: if bone resorbs when you remove teeth, would it build back up (thus returning to its former state) if you get some form of implants?

This quality post and discussion here seems to suggest that an implant would not be the same thing as a real tooth. It does not quite answer if bone would grow back (as a result of the extraction) from what I read but it suggests to me that the answer is no. https://the-great-work.org/community/postid/1678/

here is another good thread I found on the topic: https://looksmax.org/threads/questi...gonial-width-and-maxillary-projection.133822/

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15854
no, bone grafting (to a degree) and after extraction putting the implants prevents resorption, there are techniques to regenerate bone loss though....

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
no, bone grafting (to a degree) and after extraction putting the implants prevents resorption, there are techniques to regenerate bone loss though....
how so? I had wisdoms removed. although in the bottom they left the bottom half of the molars in. My face became notably thinner as a result.

If implants are done right after the extractions no bone should be lost.

• +1
Reactions: datboijj, mvp2v1 and sub5inchcel
If implants are done right after the extractions no bone should be lost.
but the implants would then be unmovable. they don't act the same as a natural tooth. In the first link I post the user talks about how implants are unmovable. the maxilla can still expand but the fake tooth itself cannot be moved. I wonder how it would impact a natural maxillary expansion process via something like mewing.

So we all know that premolar extractions cause bone resorption, thus the face becomes more recessed, and narrow/downswung. This would also be true for wisdom teeth there is no logic that would make this not true.

The question is: if bone resorbs when you remove teeth, would it build back up (thus returning to its former state) if you get some form of implants?

This quality post and discussion here seems to suggest that an implant would not be the same thing as a real tooth. It does not quite answer if bone would grow back (as a result of the extraction) from what I read but it suggests to me that the answer is no. https://the-great-work.org/community/postid/1678/

here is another good thread I found on the topic: https://looksmax.org/threads/questi...gonial-width-and-maxillary-projection.133822/
fark, i got heaps of teeth removed 4 yrs ago, will i become recessed? is it over?

fark, i got heaps of teeth removed 4 yrs ago, will i become recessed? is it over?
If you had anything besides the wisdoms pulled? Yeah, it's kind of over for your jaw.

• +1
If you had anything besides the wisdoms pulled? Yeah, it's kind of over for your jaw.
is there anything i do to reverse this? memey vid :lul: but this is what i look like from multiple angles

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: wollet2 and HerpDerpson
is there anything i do to reverse this?
You just need to replace the removed teeth with implants. It's nothing to panic over, it will take years for your jaw to actually shrink.
Now some people with crowded teeth, they had some teeth removed, then wore braces to push the remaining teeth into the opened spaces. Those guys got butchered.

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1 and Deleted member 15854
You just need to replace the removed teeth with implants. It's nothing to panic over, it will take years for your jaw to actually shrink.
Now some people with crowded teeth, they had some teeth removed, then wore braces to push the remaining teeth into the opened spaces. Those guys got butchered.
thats literally me bro:lul:i had extraction then braces

here another one i show my teeth in

• Love it
Reactions: HerpDerpson
  • So Sad
Bimax would ascend you, even bsso would, your maxilla is good
thnx man, rn im bonesmashing and hormonemaxxing but idk if thatll be enough. perhaps ill save for surgery, at what age would i become too old?

thnx man, rn im bonesmashing and hormonemaxxing but idk if thatll be enough. perhaps ill save for surgery, at what age would i become too old?
There's nothing like too old, i am 20 and I'll get my surgery around 25, even if i had money right now i won't opt for surgery. I have similar facial structure like you, a little bit recessed.

You need to have your fundamentals strong by doing mewing, good posture, breathing etc or else you will relapse after surgery, by making your fundamentals strong you will not relapse + the better your baseline is, the more satisfactory results from surgery

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 18879, mvp2v1 and Deleted member 15854
can you elaborate why

bone doesnt resorb for incels

He could keep the jaws at their current size if he mews.but ya he should go further to ensure he does not get fucked

• +1
Reactions: HerpDerpson
can you elaborate why
Wdym? The goal is to have straight teeth. If a person has a small jaw and crooked teeth, there's just not enough space for all his teeth to stand next to each other. So they'd just remove some teeth to create space, then adjust the remaining teeth with braces.
I knew a guy who did that, guess what? He's a 32 years old wizard. Has the same phenotype as this guy:
3005057 1588075063112 1

It's the guy that graduated college a virgin despite being in a class with 15 women and 1 man (him) for 5 years. When he came one day wearing braces and told me about the procedure, I made a face like this: :dafuckfeels:

@smvmaxxertilllate

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15854, wollet2, mvp2v1 and 1 other person

i think so

bone resorption barely affects the your look. it doesnt reach the jawbone itself.

• JFL
Reactions: datboijj