If both your upper and lower jaw are narrow, what can you do to expand lower arch after MSE?

RecessedChinCel

RecessedChinCel

New Tank
Both my upper and lower dental arches are extremely narrow. If I get MSE for palate expansion my understanding is I will need to expand the lower jaw as well to have proper occlusion.

Is the only option for the lower jaw something like IMDO? I am not really considering this surgery because it seems like such an invasive and niche procedure.

If I am also getting bimax would they be able to expand the lower jaw?

Is MSE even worth it if I can’t expand the lower jaw as well? Should I just cope with braces and bimax?

• +1
Reactions: Erik-Jón and ChristianChad
MSDO.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad, Dystopian, RecessedChinCel and 1 other person
Do you think expanding the arches give a good asthetic benefit? Could I just cope with bimax and implants for facial width to achieve a similar result.

Getting a good smile is so difficult fuark

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
your lower arch expands with your upper arch because of forces applied when you chew, if it doesnt expand then do MSDO

your lower arch expands with your upper arch because of forces applied when you chew, if it doesnt expand then do MSDO
I’ve heard MSDO isn’t ideal for aesthetics as it only expands the front of you jaw around your chin and not at the gonions.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Dystopian
I’ve heard MSDO isn’t ideal for aesthetics as it only expands the front of you jaw around your chin and not at the gonions.
well for what you describe you need to do IMDO and that is 30K minimum reaching 80K

besides what is your purpsoe man? expand your lower dental arch or bone change? to expend lower dental arch beyond 13 i think MMDO/MSDO is the only option. Basically SARPE but for your mandible. and yes it only increases chin width, aesthetically PSL autism speaking.

braces and bimax
they will probably extract more teeth and make your dental arch even narrower jfl

how do you even think bimax fixes low dental arch mirin ur low iq

Both my upper and lower dental arches are extremely narrow. If I get MSE for palate expansion my understanding is I will need to expand the lower jaw as well to have proper occlusion.

Is the only option for the lower jaw something like IMDO? I am not really considering this surgery because it seems like such an invasive and niche procedure.

If I am also getting bimax would they be able to expand the lower jaw?

Is MSE even worth it if I can’t expand the lower jaw as well? Should I just cope with braces and bimax?
Hmm mew and bonesmash that’s what I did and my maxilla is wide asf

they will probably extract more teeth and make your dental arch even narrower jfl

how do you even think bimax fixes low dental arch mirin ur low iq
Never said that at all dumbass. I will need braces regardless because of dental crowding and my teeth tip inwards. And I won’t let them pull any teeth/molars.

I’ve also heard that while getting bimax they can slightly expand the mandible but I wasn’t so sure about that.

. But regardless when getting bimax they need to remove the lower wisdom teeth as that’s where they make the BSSO cut.

I am just saying I will already be spending shit loads of money on bimax and braces so if expanding my dental arches won’t give much of an asthetic benefit I will just cope with bimax for forward growth and implants for width.

I will be talking to an oral surgeon in a week I will see.

Jfl at me asking legitimate questions and getting called low IQ by an absolute idiot lmfao

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14392 and ChristianChad
whats your bigonial
Haven’t measured but it is subhuman I have inwards dental tipping and one of my lower wisdom teeth is impacted.

• +1
Never said that at all dumbass. I will need braces regardless because of dental crowding and my teeth tip inwards. And I won’t let them pull any teeth/molars.

I’ve also heard that while getting bimax they can slightly expand the mandible but I wasn’t so sure about that.

. But regardless when getting bimax they need to remove the lower wisdom teeth as that’s where they make the BSSO cut.

I am just saying I will already be spending shit loads of money on bimax and braces so if expanding my dental arches won’t give much of an asthetic benefit I will just cope with bimax for forward growth and implants for width.

Jfl at me asking legitimate questions and getting called low IQ by an absolute idiot lmfao
Haven’t measured but it is subhuman I have inwards dental tipping and one of my lower wisdom teeth is impacted.
I'm sorry for replying like a dick.

From what you're saying you sound like a good candidate for dental arch expansion via MSE, or SARPE if you're older. If you expend just enough I dont think you will need lower Expansion. Do you have crowding on lower or only upper? If only on upper you could expend enough to treat the crowding, but don't expect any aesthetic benefit because you're not expanding that much in that case. If you want the skeletal effects of MSE device expansion, more maxilla expansion rather then only dental, better zygos, paranasal (not visible really but improved breathing) etc. you'd need to expend quite a bit but then you'd also have to get lower expansion via MSDO/MMDO.
Also regarding aesthetics in terms of purely smile aesthetics this is a good thread but idk if youre pursuing this still informative: https://looksmax.org/threads/12-tooth-smile-is-an-unmoggable-trait-swallow-the-smilepill.494822/
I don't see you treating your crowding and tipped teeth with only braces especially if you don't let them extract molars/premolars because you just dont have enough space.
Maybe your teeth are tipped so inward that they limit space and if you fix their position with braces you'd get some more space but I doubt that and that would likely damage teeth, and beside you have a skeletal problem which is a narrow palate, you can't treat skeletal problems with braces. It's also weird your teeth are tipped inward but you also have crowding, not sure about that/don't understand it

I think you should advise with someone on this on what to do if you got MSE regarding your inward tipped teeth, and also if it can potentially interfere with future Bimax and although I can't see it interfering still research.

• +1
Reactions: RecessedChinCel
I'm sorry for replying like a dick.

From what you're saying you sound like a good candidate for dental arch expansion via MSE, or SARPE if you're older. If you expend just enough I dont think you will need lower Expansion. Do you have crowding on lower or only upper? If only on upper you could expend enough to treat the crowding, but don't expect any aesthetic benefit because you're not expanding that much in that case. If you want the skeletal effects of MSE device expansion, more maxilla expansion rather then only dental, better zygos, paranasal (not visible really but improved breathing) etc. you'd need to expend quite a bit but then you'd also have to get lower expansion via MSDO/MMDO.
Also regarding aesthetics in terms of purely smile aesthetics this is a good thread but idk if youre pursuing this still informative: https://looksmax.org/threads/12-tooth-smile-is-an-unmoggable-trait-swallow-the-smilepill.494822/
I don't see you treating your crowding and tipped teeth with only braces especially if you don't let them extract molars/premolars because you just dont have enough space.
Maybe your teeth are tipped so inward that they limit space and if you fix their position with braces you'd get some more space but I doubt that and that would likely damage teeth, and beside you have a skeletal problem which is a narrow palate, you can't treat skeletal problems with braces. It's also weird your teeth are tipped inward but you also have crowding, not sure about that/don't understand it

I think you should advise with someone on this on what to do if you got MSE regarding your inward tipped teeth, and also if it can potentially interfere with future Bimax and although I can't see it interfering still research.
Both my upper and lower arches are rather narrow but my lower jaw and dental arch is more narrow than upper. My upper arch has no crowding and doesn’t really tip inwards. I also got x-rays and my dentist said that my upper wisdom teeth aren’t impacted.

I had camouflage orthodontics when I was younger. I use to have a gap between my teeth (indicating wide palate) but they closed the gap and used retractive elastic to pull back my maxilla.

I don’t have anything to measure but I think this gives a good idea of how narrow my bite is :
C5C1443B F76E 46A6 B3EF CA5FAD89D91B

Last edited:
  • +1

RAMUS WIDENING

Any updates op?

No it doesn't lmao

MSE is not a one size fits all. It's only a good fit for you if your lower arch is bigger than your upper arch. If your arches are already balanced, you're out of luck. It'll just fuck up your bite.

• +1