If I am just a little recessed and I have a jaw assymery, is Ramieri my best choice for bimax?

CalulArgintiu59

CalulArgintiu59

Bronze
As the title says, I won't need very big adjustments, but I am slightly recessed+deep bite and I have a jaw assymetry(when I clench my jaw one masseter looks like it's higher than the other).Is Ramieri good for my problem?

why do you need ramieri for this? any jaw surgeon can fix this

No, because he either won't do it or he'll want to extract your premolars and decompensate with 6-12 months of braces.

why do you need ramieri for this? any jaw surgeon can fix this
I don't trust random jaw surgeons with my face because if u go to a more known jaw surgeon u are less likely to get botched

• +1
Reactions: extremchange628181
No, because he either won't do it or he'll want to extract your premolars and decompensate with 6-12 months of braces.
Are u joking or?Anyway I still think I will have to wear braces before the surgery, all my teeth are straight, but I have crooked premolar and orthos don't want to just fix my premolar they want to correct all my bite and if I let them correct it I might not be a candidate for surgery and they will mask the cause and will solve the "problem"

I don't trust random jaw surgeons with my face because if u go to a more known jaw surgeon u are less likely to get botched
Ramieri's fame owes more to good marketing than any magical ability, the vast majority of cases by all jaw surgeons are not botched, this just has to be determined on a case by case basis. He's a good surgeon but its not a good idea to invest stock in someone just because theyre well known, when i think you could probably get what you need for 50% of that price

• +1
Reactions: bradpittshairline
Ramieri's fame owes more to good marketing than any magical ability, the vast majority of cases by all jaw surgeons are not botched, this just has to be determined on a case by case basis. He's a good surgeon but its not a good idea to invest stock in someone just because theyre well known, when i think you could probably get what you need for 50% of that price
True I don't say other surgeon can't do the job good or even better, but aren't known, it's just the fact that I would invest more in my health just for me to feel extra safe!I have talked to a few jaw surgeons(they were femeles so this could be the problem)and told me they don't care abt aesthethics and if they do smth they will only do it for health reasons, pointing out they won't take in calcul aesthethics, but for me this is very important because I don't want to get botched and only be "functional"!

True I don't say other surgeon can't do the job good or even better, but aren't known, it's just the fact that I would invest more in my health just for me to feel extra safe!I have talked to a few jaw surgeons(they were femeles so this could be the problem)and told me they don't care abt aesthethics and if they do smth they will only do it for health reasons, pointing out they won't take in calcul aesthethics, but for me this is very important because I don't want to get botched and only be "functional"!
Fair enough, although there are many surgeons out there who won't dismiss aesthetic concerns. You are right at least with Ramieri you already know he is aesthetics oriented. But I hve heard stories of people doing a lot, and I mean a lot, of consulting and research in their areas and they found what they needed for a fraction of the price. I guess it just depends if you would want to spend an additional 10k to not have to do that research, that's really what it comes down to. Their gender doesn't matter what matters is their skill. To answer your question yes ramieri would do a fine job.

• +1
Reactions: extremchange628181
Are u joking or?Anyway I still think I will have to wear braces before the surgery, all my teeth are straight, but I have crooked premolar and orthos don't want to just fix my premolar they want to correct all my bite and if I let them correct it I might not be a candidate for surgery and they will mask the cause and will solve the "problem"
Kinda half joking. Maybe he's more likely to do bimax for you since you actually have a bite issue, but he's told a bunch of people, including me, that he'll only do it with extractions. Yet I've had 4 other surgeons agree to do bimax without them.

Fair enough, although there are many surgeons out there who won't dismiss aesthetic concerns. You are right at least with Ramieri you already know he is aesthetics oriented. But I hve heard stories of people doing a lot, and I mean a lot, of consulting and research in their areas and they found what they needed for a fraction of the price. I guess it just depends if you would want to spend an additional 10k to not have to do that research, that's really what it comes down to. Their gender doesn't matter what matters is their skill. To answer your question yes ramieri would do a fine job.
You are right, but it's really hard to find a good jaw surgeon who has a good amount of experience in these kind of surgeries+be a little blackpilled to do a great job in aesthetics too because what is the point in having a good jaw surgeon if he/she doesn't take in calculation my aesthetic concerns!Gender doesn't matter, but the best surgeons that I have heard of and also have a good aesthethic "eye" are mostly males!Those surgeons that I have visited started to bs me that aesthethics doesn't matter and kept telling me a whole ass theory abt it jfl, altough I should search more, but the bad part is my city is small and it is hard for me to travel in so many cities and don't be sure abt that surgeon overall, while with Ramieri I am 100% sure, as I heard he doesn't make huge adjustement and that's exactly what I need!Tbh I want to solve my bite issues, but at the same time I want to improve my looks!

Kinda half joking. Maybe he's more likely to do bimax for you since you actually have a bite issue, but he's told a bunch of people, including me, that he'll only do it with extractions. Yet I've had 4 other surgeons agree to do bimax without them.
This is a little weird maybe he told u this to not perform it on u since u don't actually "need" it, functionally speaking!Btw did u have an online consulatation, what surgeons have u visited?Any recommendations?

is is a little weird maybe he told u this to not perform it on u since u don't actually "need" it,
Yeah, but that's not very blackpilled of him.

I consulted with Ramieri, Pagnoni, Ali-Farid Safi, Celal Candirli, and Erol Cansiz. I also sent pictures to Altan Varol and Kemal Uğurlu, which Altan Varol said I didn't need bimax and Kemal Uğurlu said I did. So 5/7 were willing to do bimax.

If money were no issue then I think Dr. Safi would be my choice, not necessarily because he's the best surgeon but because of his focus on aesthetics and his approaching the surgery as a collaboration. Although for what he charges, you could go to Raffaini. Best bang for your buck is Erol Cansiz, at least I hope so, because that's who I'm going with. He seems less interested in patient input, but he does decently big rotations and advancements.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: CalulArgintiu59 and jfbjfb
Yeah, but that's not very blackpilled of him.

I consulted with Ramieri, Pagnoni, Ali-Farid Safi, Celal Candirli, and Erol Cansiz. I also sent pictures to Altan Varol and Kemal Uğurlu, which Altan Varol said I didn't need bimax and Kemal Uğurlu said I did. So 5/7 were willing to do bimax.

If money were no issue then I think Dr. Safi would be my choice, not necessarily because he's the best surgeon but because of his focus on aesthetics and his approaching the surgery as a collaboration. Although for what he charges, you could go to Raffaini. Best bang for your buck is Erol Cansiz, at least I hope so, because that's who I'm going with. He seems less interested in patient input, but he does decently big rotations and advancements.
True, it's not that blackpilled of him, but I was thinking in my case he would accept as I don't rly need big adjustments, as I said I have a jaw assymetry(one masseter looks higher), but the worst part is my deep bite so I tought my case would be fairly easy for him as I am not severely reccesed and I also have to correct my bite!