If u don't study computer science ur retarded

fauxfox

fauxfox

monke monk
6 figures from the comfort of your own home is an option yet people don't choose it. Over for low IQ niggas tbh. Imagine studying "anthropology" or "political science".

Doctor = extreme depression and more years of schooling

Lawyer = alcoholism and more years of schooling

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: romm2el, Deprived, thecel and 13 others
Fuck cumputer shitence, I'm too retarded for that shit.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ElTruecel, Deprived, thecel and 21 others
I study gender science.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deprived, Primalsplit, Kmscurry and 7 others
I’m heading in to comp sci in the fall wish me luck

• +1
Reactions: garoupilled_, Deleted member 24278, IndraBC and 2 others
Is Economics a good degree?

Youre brown.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Jamaldickjavontus, Deprived, Kristin and 8 others
Only autists can bear computer science. NT people who want to earn good money go into finance, medicine or law

• +1
  • JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 14392, incel194012940, 190cm90kg and 16 others
If I worked in computer science, I'd still work a NT job on the weekends to make sure I don't completely go autist mode.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: 190cm90kg, Myth, risque_dew and 5 others
Fuck cumputer shitence, I'm too retarded for that shit.
This is the only legitimate excuse. I tried explaining recursion to a few people and they didn't get it. Completely over tbh.
I study gender science.
Lowkey gender studies makes bank, look it up.
I’m heading in to comp sci in the fall wish me luck
Great choice hoyo. If you're in the US it might be worth doing 2 years at a state school then transferring somewhere high ranker to save money though.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24278 and rand anon
Computer science is the most based major for autists. I meet so many fellow autistic niggas in compsci.

• +1
Reactions: KingCartierrr23, Deleted member 14392, Yuya Moggershima and 13 others
6 figures from the comfort of your own home is an option yet people don't choose it. Over for low IQ niggas tbh. Imagine studying "anthropology" or "political science".

Said you and like half of all college applicants. Surely the CS field will retain bloated salaries when it’s already reaching saturation and ChatGPT is rapidly advancing in capabilities. Have you seen CS degree salaries in Europe lol

• +1
Reactions: incel194012940 and Deleted member 18522
Said you and like half of all college applicants. Surely the CS field will retain bloated salaries when it’s already reaching saturation and ChatGPT is rapidly advancing in capabilities. Have you seen CS degree salaries in Europe lol
He's American. Why should he care about European CS salaries?

• +1
Reactions: IndraBC and fauxfox
Only autists can bear computer science. NT people who want to earn good money go into finance, medicine or law

where I live there are lawyers making 150 usd a month out of college meanwhile there are high school drop outs making 18k usd a month working remotely as software engineers.

Comp sci is a useless degree, self taught and if they ask u for one just lie

• +1
Reactions: Primalsplit, BlondeB1tch and Deleted member 29167
This is the only legitimate excuse. I tried explaining recursion to a few people and they didn't get it. Completely over tbh.

Lowkey gender studies makes bank, look it up.

Great choice hoyo. If you're in the US it might be worth doing 2 years at a state school then transferring somewhere high ranker to save money though.
Nah im going back to that Christian uni. All my credits for my gen ed is there, so I kind of have to return.

It's also so effortless. Medschoolcels spend thousands of hours studycelling completely boring and alien to them concepts about biology etc, while compsci is just polishing your own skills, very little raw information. Compsci is the ideal way to exploit your high iq.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: butterworld, Deleted member 14392, Deleted member 18544 and 6 others
Is Economics a good degree?
Meme degree unless you want to be an academic for the rest of your life.
Your degree essentially boils down to "this line
could go up or down, who knows? Here's a 200 page primer on why it could maybe possibly go down slightly"

Youre brown.
False I am BBC.

True to a degree. It'd mostly autists and ugly people here, but I do see the occasional HTN tall white guy.

If I worked in computer science, I'd still work a NT job on the weekends to make sure I don't completely go autist mode.
The goal of this job is to work as little as possible. This is the job where you write 3 lines of code. Tell your boss you need 1 more month and 20 new hires and he will unironically take you seriously.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: efidescontinuado, Myth and rand anon
where I live there are lawyers making 150 usd a month out of college meanwhile there are high school drop outs making 18k usd a month working remotely as software engineers.

Which country?

I wanna get into sales badly.

• +1
Reactions: garoupilled_ and Prettyboy

Mostly teenagers think computer science is a phenomenal degree because the starting salary is high compared to others. Adults understand different careers have different advancement and scaling, law is known to value experience (so does high finance).

As programmer you start high because you are the work horse of the company but it won’t scale up as much later on. While if you make it to e.g. partner level at McKinsey you’ll have much better compensation and status.

I wanna get into sales badly.
Sales is legit but you also need a good domain field. Tech sales pays really well because there’s a huge demand for someone who can bridge the gap between autistic programmers and businessmen

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: sibience, Myth, garoupilled_ and 2 others
ChatGPT doesn't work with private databases which is what all MANGA companies use. It's at best 15 years away from being used in big industry work. You're a coper that picked a shit degree or manual labor and wants to see those that made the right decision fail. Europe is a dying museum their salaries have always been shit apart from Switzerland.

If you want to work at MANGA a degree is a must nowadays.

It's also so effortless. Medschoolcels spend thousands of hourse studycelling completely boring and alien to them concepts about biology etc, while compsci is just polishing your own skills, very little raw information. Compsci is the ideal way to exploit your high iq.
Completely true. It's not even that difficult either if you're slightly above average intelligence it's all very intuitive.

• +1
Reactions: rand anon and Deleted member 13787
The goal of this job is to work as little as possible. This is the job where you write 3 lines of code. Tell your boss you need 1 more month and 20 new hires and he will unironically take you seriously.

I'd be willing to bet that won't be a thing anymore in the next 4-5 years.

• +1
Reactions: Myth
ChatGPT doesn't work with private databases which is what all MANGA companies use. It's at best 15 years away from being used in big industry work. You're a coper that picked a shit degree or manual labor and wants to see those that made the right decision fail. Europe is a dying museum their salaries have always been shit apart from Switzerland.

I'm a STEMcuck too. I just don't see these salaries lasting forever and I really doubt it'll take 15 years for ChatGPT to start making junior development positions which are already competitive even more of a nightmare to get.

If you want to work at MANGA a degree is a must nowadays.

Completely true. It's not even that difficult either if you're slightly above average intelligence it's all very intuitive.

wtf is manga? I only know faang and like half of google soft engs don't have degrees

It's also so effortless. Medschoolcels spend thousands of hours studycelling completely boring and alien to them concepts about biology etc, while compsci is just polishing your own skills, very little raw information. Compsci is the ideal way to exploit your high iq.
What if you have zero experience in coding

I'd be willing to bet that won't be a thing anymore in the next 4-5 years.
You have literally 0 industry experience. What I said is completely true as long as you don't work at MANGA. If you do, expect 6 figures as a 22 year old but they will make you work that full 40 hours. Once you become a senior software developer it's smooth sailing though, plenty of people I know making $300k before 30. It's too easy. Niggas job hopping every other year for a $50k salary boost.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Myth and Deleted member 24940
nah tech job market is extremely hypergamous and inflated. It’s better to work at an adjacent engineering discipline that’sspecalized.

As programmer you start high because you are the work horse of the company but it won’t scale up as much later on. While if you make it to e.g. partner level at McKinsey you’ll have much better compensation and status.
bro, some senior devs earn upwards of 500k per year

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14392 and fauxfox
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
And it's far easier to become a senior dev than than a partner. Honestly very few people have what it takes for that line of work, software engineering is the better choice for most.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
What if you have zero experience in coding
just learn the basics, its extremely basic shit and if youre moderately sentient you'll understand and pick it up effortlessly

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18544 and Deleted member 14693
Those inflated faang salaries and their adjacents end up getting laid off every 1-3 years if you’re not top notch.

Half of the kids I went to school with got laid off and spent several years unemployed

It was a good field back in 2010-2018 now it’s saturated and not evolving. Only because you don’t really need grad school or law or med school which are expensive and hard

Just Google tech lay offs lol. No other engineering degrees produce so many

Chemical or biological engineer mogs

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall
You have literally 0 industry experience. What I said is completely true as long as you don't work at MANGA. If you do, expect 6 figures as a 22 year old but they will make you work that full 40 hours. Once you become a senior software developer it's smooth sailing though, plenty of people I know making $300k before 30. It's too easy. Niggas job hopping every other year for a $50k salary boost.

Have you not been looking at how high competition for CS spots at top unis are getting? It's simple supply and demand. More graduates = more supply = less demand and less need to pay out the ass for devs. We've also been seeing a ton of layoffs in tech over the past year.

there are senior devs making over 4 million a year
jfl
500k is the highest figure ive heard so far without taking an interest in what the max salary is, thats pretty insane if youre correct

• JFL
Reactions: sibience
Have you not been looking at how high competition for CS spots at top unis are getting? It's simple supply and demand. More graduates = more supply = less demand and less need to pay out the ass for devs. We've also been seeing a ton of layoffs in tech over the past year.
Yes but the growth seems to be keeping up with or even outpacing demand in many cases. Look at levels.fyi. Salaries are only increasing. There were many layoffs but far more hires. The severance for layoffs is 12 weeks pay at Facebook too :lul:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24940
there are senior devs making over 4 million a year
Trying not to sound offensive, but you two seem out of touch. You can earn 6 figures at FAANG in the US if you are talented but you will never come close to that in Europe, let alone Romania or Bulgaria.

The only person earning that kind of money I know is a guy who I went highschool with, he was already programming at 6 yo, he never went to university and now moneymogs everyone in his vicinity in his mid 20s. He’s the exception though, other programmers earn like 1.5x of the average college degree holder’s salary in a comfy work environment but that’s it.

I already have a website and I never studied computer science anyways, yet I already use VPS.

Yes but the growth seems to be keeping up with or even outpacing demand in many cases. Look at levels.fyi. Salaries are only increasing. There were many layoffs but far more hires. The severance for layoffs is 12 weeks pay at Facebook too :lul:
Fair enough. I'm going to keep watching AI though and would recommend that all STEMcucks keep an eye on that field.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14392 and Deleted member 29710
Meme degree unless you want to be an academic for the rest of your life.
Your degree essentially boils down to "this line
could go up or down, who knows? Here's a 200 page primer on why it could maybe possibly go down slightly"
what a shit take

Trying not to sound offensive, but you two seem out of touch. You can earn 6 figures at FAANG in the US if you are talented but you will never come close to that in Europe, let alone Romania or Bulgaria.

The only person earning that kind of money is a guy who I went highschool with, he was programming at 6 yo, he never went to university and now moneymogs everyone in his vicinity in his mid 20s. He’s the exception though, other programmers earn like 1.5x of the average college degree holder’s salary in a comfy work environment but that’s it.

I was talking about faangs in seattle, nyc and sf, in poorgaria u r gonna be eating shit from a cows ass to survive jfl.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Myth and Prettyboy

I'm 17 in middle school, do you think I'll make 6 figures by focusing on computer science?

what a shit take
T. Economics degree haver
You should have studied Stats so you have those career options+ shit that isn't academic like being an Actuary

I'm 17 in middle school, do you think I'll make 6 figures by focusing on computer science?
Sure, just do well in highschool so you get into a good college. If your family isn't well off don't be ashamed to go to community college for 2 years, if you do well cou you can transfer to even an Ivy.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 29155
Sure, just do well in highschool so you get into a good college. If your family isn't well off don't be ashamed to go to community college for 2 years, if you do well cou you can transfer to even an Ivy.
I need to NT maxx first

I was talking about faangs in seattle, nyc and sf, in poorgaria u r gonna be eating shit from a cows ass to survive jfl.
Yes but that’s my point. Whenever people mention 500k SE salaries they somehow assume everyone can just get a job at Google in SF lmao

By this logic you could be a VP at Goldmann Sach’s Manhattan office with your Argentinian business school diploma.

Neither gonna happen so better keep the things realistic. Tech do pays well but you have to be talented, there’s no free lunch

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14392, Myth, p0lishsubhuman and 1 other person