If u don't study computer science ur retarded

T. Economics degree haver
You should have studied Stats so you have those career options+ shit that isn't academic like being an Actuary
Nowadays what matters most isn't even your degree, it's your university, so this discussion is useless.

Econ degree from State Uni = whatever the fuck shitty job they can get

Econ degree from Wharton or Cambridge = IB front office making 30k per month + bonus by 25 years old

• +1
Reactions: Prettyboy
I need to NT maxx first
I recommend just always being around friends and in social scenarios, don't let yourself be isolated for over a week. But don't be around bad influences either who'll influence you to do hard drugs or risky shit. Don't comprise your livelihood to look NT.

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 29155
I'm 17 in middle school, do you think I'll make 6 figures by focusing on computer science?
nigga middle school? Like 7th Grade?

Nowadays what matters most isn't even your degree, it's your university, so this discussion is useless.

Econ degree from State Uni = whatever the fuck shitty job they can get

Econ degree from Wharton or Cambridge = IB front office making 400k p/year by 26 years old
This is extremely true for degrees like Econ and finance, there are target schools recruiters specifically hire from. But for STEM it's far less true. There's comparatively less elitism in STEM, that's why you have to undergo 5 practical examinations to join Google, and they let basically everyone with a CS degree and experience attempt it.

• +1
Reactions: Shycel, garoupilled_ and Myth
Yes but that’s my point. Whenever people mention 500k SE salaries they somehow assume everyone can just get a job at Google in SF lmao

By this logic you could be a VP at Goldmann Sach’s Manhattan office with your Romanian business school diploma.

Neither gonna happen so better keep the things realistic. Tech do pays well but you have to be talented, there’s no free lunch

dunno, I remember reading about a guy that was a neet until 28, self taught and was making 7 figures in his early 30's at google without a college degree

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24940 and Prettyboy
Yes but that’s my point. Whenever people mention 500k SE salaries they somehow assume everyone can just get a job at Google in SF lmao

By this logic you could be a VP at Goldmann Sach’s Manhattan office with your Argentinian business school diploma.

Neither gonna happen so better keep the things realistic. Tech do pays well but you have to be talented, there’s no free lunch
what do u study?

Sure, just do well in highschool so you get into a good college. If your family isn't well off don't be ashamed to go to community college for 2 years, if you do well cou you can transfer to even an Ivy.

CC is bad for 90% of people. Just study up for a few years and aim for T20, T30 schools instead of being Ivy only and you'll be fine. HS is a joke in America.

dunno, I remember reading about a guy that was a neet until 28, self taught and was making 7 figures in his early 30's at google without a college degree
Sounds plausible tbh

603ab0fb31e50.jpeg

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 14392, Myth and Splinter901
CC is bad for 90% of people. Just study up for a few years and aim for T20, T30 schools instead of being Ivy only and you'll be fine. HS is a joke in America.
He'll save money and he can apply to T20 schools along with the Ivys. It's a win-win.
Unironically worth it to just apply to every single Ivy League and T20 and just take the best offer, that's what I did and I'm glad for it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29710
This is extremely true for degrees like Econ and finance, there are target schools recruiters specifically hire from. But for STEM it's far less true. There's comparatively less elitism in STEM, that's why you have to undergo 5 practical examinations to join Google, and they let basically everyone with a CS degree and experience attempt it.
Nah if you want top MANGA jobs it's going to be much, much harder if you're not going to a good uni to begin with.

Nah if you want top MANGA jobs it's going to be much, much harder if you're not going to a good uni to begin with.
Not true at all in my experience. Plenty of MANGA engineers from public universities. There's far more reliance on Leetcode (blind 75) and practical interviews where you to write code and go over your thought process on a whiteboard. It's extremely meritocratic as long as you meet the base requirements.

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
Not true at all in my experience. Plenty of MANGA engineers from public universities. There's far more reliance on Leetcode (blind 75) and practical interviews where you to write code and go over your thought process on a whiteboard. It's extremely meritocratic as long as you meet the base requirements.
Im going to community college for two years before uni any tips on what to study i want to do cs but could i do a dual degree aka AC in a similar field then cs in uni

Yo faux do you think computer science will be oversaturated in the future since every retard on TikTok shills it and acts like all you do is eat cookies all day at Google and make 400k a year?

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall
Im going to community college for two years before uni any tips on what to study i want to do cs but could i do a dual degree aka AC in a similar field then cs in uni
Imo study purely CS the dual degree won't matter when it comes to transferring. Lower your workload by dedicating yourself purely to CS so you can earn better grades. Only the major on the final school you graduate from matters.

Yo faux do you think computer science will be oversaturated in the future since every retard on TikTok shills it and acts like all you do is eat cookies all day at Google and make 400k a year?
There's already a lot of weed out courses at decent universities that weed out some of those TikTok people but the oversaturation is undeniable, we've already been seeing it's effects. Thankfully it's limited mostly to new grads and first jobs. Once you actually break in it's smooth sailing, but breaking in can be quite difficult and some people spend months unemployed before their first job. Ideally you apply during your senior year or intern somewhere earlier and they extend an offer to come back so that you dodge this struggle.

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall and Deleted member 24940
you're 17 in 8th grade?

nicholas-cage-laugh.gif

nigga you should be going to college this year, you're not even in high school yet :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 14392, Myth, horizontallytall and 1 other person
Only autists can bear computer science. NT people who want to earn good money go into finance, medicine or law
Medicine/law is the most subhuman degree possible. All those years of school is not worth it

• +1
Reactions: fauxfox
Medicine/law is the most subhuman degree possible. All those years of school is not worth it
A decade of schooling meanwhile software engineers were earning six figures for 6 years of that time, already own a home and have a family. Plus doctor/lawyer are far more stressful.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24940, sub5inchcel and IndraBC
A decade of schooling meanwhile software engineers were eating six figures for 6 years of that time, already own a home and have a family.
Exactly that’s what I’m saying

@PrisonMike

• +1
Reactions: PrisonMike
Imo study purely CS the dual degree won't matter when it comes to transferring. Lower your workload by dedicating yourself purely to CS so you can earn better grades. Only the major on the final school you graduate from matters.
I feel like this is good advice but only one problem all the community colleges near me don't offer cs the best degree i could find is CyberSecurity should i study that?

• Ugh..
Reactions: IndraBC
Bussines and comp sci mog other degrees

• +1
6 figures from the comfort of your own home is an option yet people don't choose it. Over for low IQ niggas tbh. Imagine studying "anthropology" or "political science".

Doctor = extreme depression and more years of schooling

Lawyer = alcoholism and more years of schooling
Math, Physics, and Engineering like CE or EE still mog. They could end up with your job if they wanted or they could do something else.

CS is still a solid choice but it really locks you in if your an engineer you can do a lot of different things. If you apply to a job with a solid engineering major and a github project they would hire you the same as any CS major or you could do jobs that legally require an Engineering degree. I think I'll go Computer Engineering since there are a lot of physical in person jobs if AI gets bad then I would just work a physical type job. Or if not I will work remotely and do the same things as a CS major anyways

Last edited:
It's also so effortless. Medschoolcels spend thousands of hours studycelling completely boring and alien to them concepts about biology etc, while compsci is just polishing your own skills, very little raw information. Compsci is the ideal way to exploit your high iq.
practicing code also makes you have batman tier IQ

lol at anybody not doing this

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
I feel like this is good advice but only one problem all the community colleges near me don't offer cs the best degree i could find is CyberSecurity should i study that?
No, very bad. Don't study this.

No, very bad. Don't study this.
@MakinMogReturns you don't have to learn it in community, you could just study online, as it's superior.

practice CS/code and develop a death note/batman tier intelligence

Math, Physics, and Engineering like CE or EE still mog. They could end up with your job if they wanted or they could do something else.

CS is still a solid choice but it really locks you in if your an engineer you can do a lot of different things. If you apply to a job with a solid engineering major and a github project they would hire you the same as any CS major or you could do jobs that legally require an Engineering degree. I think I'll go Computer Engineering since there are a lot of physical in person jobs if AI gets bad then I would just work a physical type job. Or if not I will work remotely and do the same things as a CS major anyways

Engineering is way harder than computer science.

I looked at the courses in my university and the engineering classes are brutal and it takes 5-6 years to graduate vs 4 for computer science. Only do it if you love maths, I don't really like math and there's only basic low level math in computer science so I prefer it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
6 figures from the comfort of your own home is an option yet people don't choose it. Over for low IQ niggas tbh. Imagine studying "anthropology" or "political science".

jfl as if the average programmer makes 6 figures yearly

Engineering is way harder than computer science.

I looked at the courses in my university and the engineering classes are brutal and it takes 5-6 years to graduate vs 4 for computer science. Only do it if you love maths, I don't really like math and there's only basic low level math in computer science so I prefer it.
Depends on the school where I am looking at they still require you to know linear Algebra and Calculus 2. A lot algirthom classes require hard math

80+ replies in and nobody has mentioned that if you do this you also need to mentally prepare to never interact with a girl for 4 years lmao

• JFL
Reactions: Kerbouchard, garoupilled_ and Myth
jfl
500k is the highest figure ive heard so far without taking an interest in what the max salary is, thats pretty insane if youre correct
Max senior devs are making is about 300k before tax

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: sibience and Deleted member 13787
Mostly teenagers think computer science is a phenomenal degree because the starting salary is high compared to others. Adults understand different careers have different advancement and scaling, law is known to value experience (so does high finance).

As programmer you start high because you are the work horse of the company but it won’t scale up as much later on. While if you make it to e.g. partner level at McKinsey you’ll have much better compensation and status.

JFL this is very wrong.

The vast majority of people don't make it to partners at accounting and law firms. Most investment bankers will reach VP, but will be stuck there for the rest of their career. And it isn't based on merit, obviously which is shit for non jews.

Chances are much less if you aren't jewish. But for jewish people they can easily make it to partner, director, and higher in certain industries.

• +1
Reactions: efidescontinuado
Max senior devs are making is about 300k before tax
jfl
500k is the highest figure ive heard so far without taking an interest in what the max salary is, thats pretty insane if youre correct

The top developers earn much more.

1+ million in the United States of America with only a few years of experience.

@MakinMogReturns you don't have to learn it in community, you could just study online, as it's superior.

practice CS/code and develop a death note/batman tier intelligence
Wait I really want to go and do community as it' legit free and my mom says i need to do college irl to stay should i do Cyber Security or

Computer Information Technology​

• +1
Reactions: MrGlutton
Completely true. It's not even that difficult either if you're slightly above average intelligence it's all very intuitive.
I've found that the C.S coursework at uni is pretty chill but solving novel medium and hard leetcode problems is brutal af. It's still a very good deal though overall for all the reasons you've said.

Fuck cumputer shitence, I'm too retarded for that shit.
Though I'm currently stemceling I'm thinking of droping out because I'm too lowIQ

oversaturated and raped very soon by ai

CS > CE and EE

CS has higher pay, easier to study and do, more versatile, more WFH jobs and is growing at a much faster rate.

• +1
oversaturated and raped very soon by ai
Tell me you don’t know anything about CS without telling me you don’t know anything about CS:

• Hmm...
Reactions: thecel

Even for those with the right qualifications the competition is pretty intense for those six figure roles. Most people would have to settle for some web development type roles which also are competitive and not being heavily outsourced.

The golden era for programmers is now over. And globalization will turn first world countries to third world countries, along with AI ruining everything.

Tell me you don’t know anything about CS without telling me you don’t know anything about CS:
appeal to inertia. the vast majority is relegated to webdev and the entry barrier isn't like medicine or law straight out of school. ironic as fuck since cs majors are the most autistic but need alot of networking and meritocratic experience

• Ugh..
appeal to inertia. the vast majority is relegated to webdev and the entry barrier isn't like medicine or law straight out of school. ironic as fuck since cs majors are the most autistic but need alot of networking and meritocratic experience

copy and pasting twitter memes doesn't change reality. keep living the fairytale in ur head

copy and pasting twitter memes doesn't change reality. keep living the fairytale in ur head
The reality is that CS is a high paying degree that’s versatile, is growing at a fast rate, has plenty of job opportunities including WFH and is fun. I don’t need some Looksmax.org incel telling me that it’s bad or that it’s not ideal

• +1
The reality is that CS is a high paying degree that’s versatile, is growing at a fast rate, has plenty of job opportunities including WFH and is fun. I don’t need some Looksmax.org incel telling me that it’s bad or that it’s not ideal
did u read that on reddit or some techie article? never said its a useless degree just know what ur getting into

• Ugh..
did u read that on reddit or some techie article? never said its a useless degree just know what ur getting into
No it’s backed by stats and people who actually graduated with a degree and work.