If we say people with long midface had downward growth could we say compact midface people upwards?

ramirez mogs jordan

• +1
Reactions: nathan
You'd call it forwards growth. Compact midface actually comes from the mandible growing forwards, at a low angle.

You'd call it forwards growth. Compact midface actually comes from the mandible growing forwards, at a low angle.
But how come u can have ton of forward growth but still longer midface than Ramirez? Would u say Barrett’s more forward grown than him? I remember someone said Barrett has so much forward growth he doesn’t have the downward growth to give him tall skull but I realized you can find many compact faced men who don’t have good maxilla so I’m little confused

• +1
Reactions: ungewist
But how come u can have ton of forward growth but still longer midface than Ramirez? Would u say Barrett’s more forward grown than him? I remember someone said Barrett has so much forward growth he doesn’t have the downward growth to give him tall skull but I realized you can find many compact faced men who don’t have good maxilla so I’m little confused

Downwards growth is recession, when the jaws grow at a high (downwards) angle and you get the mouthbreather look.

Vertical growth is when the maxilla and mandible, the nasal bone, the zygos, everything grow healthily but just end up looking kinda long, especially from the front and especially in pictures. But it doesn't mean it's recessed, sometimes it looks really good (tall face).

I think some people on here use the terms interchangeably but there's a big difference, downwards growth is bad, vertical growth can be good.

Downwards growth is recession, when the jaws grow at a high (downwards) angle and you get the mouthbreather look.

Vertical growth is when the maxilla and mandible, the nasal bone, the zygos, everything grow healthily but just end up looking kinda long, especially from the front and especially in pictures. But it doesn't mean it's recessed, sometimes it looks really good (tall face).

I think some people on here use the terms interchangeably but there's a big difference, downwards growth is bad, vertical growth can be good.
okay downwards growth is not recession but cool

recession is literally recession if the jaw grows it’s not recessed jfl

• +1
okay downwards growth is not recession but cool

Recessed mandible causes the whole facial structure to grow at a downwards angle. That's what the term "downwards growth" is referring to, the downwards angle.

• +1
Recessed mandible causes the whole facial structure to grow at a downwards angle. That's what the term "downwards growth" is referring to, the downwards angle.
i might be retarded, go look at my after HGH pics btw and see how ugly i am now after 10 months of growth hormone at 16 and i didn’t grow taller brutal. My nose got longer, bone wise, and my midface lengthened. thats downwards growth right, when the nose physically literally gets longer

• +1
i might be retarded, go look at my after HGH pics btw and see how ugly i am now after 10 months of growth hormone at 16 and i didn’t grow taller brutal. My nose got longer, bone wise, and my midface lengthened. thats downwards growth right, when the nose physically literally gets longer

If it was the nose, then I'd call that vertical growth, not downwards growth. Downwards growth refers to the jaws growing at a downwards angle, it's the angle, not the amount of growth. Vertical growth refers to the amount of growth.

compact midface is a meme and makes you look feminine unless you have other masculine features to offset it and also makes you look like a skullcel. very long midface is also bad because it makes you look like a mouthbreather. you want an average length midface but good forward growth.

• +1
Reactions: ungewist and MostGLSlayer
Jaw angle are genes. You can have forward growth and still jaw pointing down and you can have square jaw and still be recessed. Narrow jawline is caused by shape of ramus not forward growth itself. Thats why some recessed people ascend via bimax because they have good ramus despite of recession... Not much if you ramus are shit.