If you are almost 20% bf and want to start lifting, should you first diet before that?

TsarTsar444

TsarTsar444

Asexual peaceful balkan monk
Like is it wise to go lean bulk at 20%? It is inevitable that i would end up being 25% in few months but i don't like that. Whats the best approach, start lifting and cutting while doing it? Basically eating tons of protein but 1000kcal deficiency daily and lifting?

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, ItsOver.com and PYT
Bump

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and ItsOver.com
Yes. Otherwise this will happen.

Photo 1 2

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ItsOver.com, Deleted member 5969, Zradrad and 8 others
Loft and diet. Very simple.

• +1
Reactions: ifyouwannabemylover
Cut to 10% while lifting. You'll probably make gains along the way if you're a noob. When you gain bodyfat, you increase fat cells, you can never get rid of fat cells, you can only shrink them by losing weight. In your case, It will always be easier for you to gain fat back to 20% BF since you are 20% BF now. Basically, don't get any fatter than the fattest you've been. So cut first, then lean bulk.

• +1
Reactions: Tyronecell
Cut to 10% while lifting. You'll probably make gains along the way if you're a noob. When you gain bodyfat, you increase fat cells, you can never get rid of fat cells, you can only shrink them by losing weight. In your case, It will always be easier for you to gain fat back to 20% BF since you are 20% BF now. Basically, don't get any fatter than the fattest you've been. So cut first, then lean bulk.
Agree

No it depends on your diet. If you eat properly you'll gain like 2-3% body fat vs most normies who eat like shit who gain muscle & fat but it's mostly fat. I'd get as much muscle you can naturally before leaning down. It gets harder to put on muscle as you age so don't wait too long

I'd cut but also lift then leanbulk. I heard building muscle and leanbulking in general iga amazing when you start with a lean base

Same position as you, only reason I'm apprehensive to cutting is I don't want to stunt myself

Like is it wise to go lean bulk at 20%? It is inevitable that i would end up being 25% in few months but i don't like that. Whats the best approach, start lifting and cutting while doing it? Basically eating tons of protein but 1000kcal deficiency daily and lifting?
Depends if you're skinnyfat and if you're looking to lookmax over a long time interval. If you need to get shredded for the summer, do cardio and overhead presses. If your BMI is unhealthily low then do squats and deadlifts for a few months while eating a high protein diet to gain overall mass. When you have a strong base of muscle to begin with you can burn fat faster with diet and cardio.

No i am natty lifting for ages and started at about 20+ percent bodyfat

I gained a lot of muscles forst two years, and had zero issues

Lifting alone would not help so much bodyfat lost, u need diet

But having 20 percent bodyfat and muscled frame mogs non gymcel 20 percent bodyfat