If you got really big and then quit lifting, would you lose literally all your gains?

D

Deleted member 4310

Kraken
Obviously you'd lose almost all gains but would your baseline look better than if you never lifted at all?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4645
Yes, but you would regain it very fast. Happened to me. Had to stop lifting for a year because of an injury. Took me just half a year to regain all the size from the previous 3 years

• +1
Reactions: AutisticBeaner, Baldingman1998, Deleted member 4645 and 1 other person
Obviously you'd lose almost all gains but would your baseline look better than if you never lifted at all?
Why would you quit lifting all together and not just workout to maintain your physique?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4310 and malignant
depends usually you lose 50-70% but the muscle kinda shrinks but keeps it's shape. So a couple of months and you should be the same. Also eating at maintenance with high protein etc will make you lose muscle alot slower than drinking alcohol and having a shit diet

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4310
Yes, barely. However if you'd continue lifting, it'd take literally month or two to get your old gains back due to muscle memory.

• +1
Why would you quit lifting all together and not just workout to maintain your physique?
Just wondering because it would suck if you invested countless of hours to get a nice body and then you get sick/injured or whatever and can't lift for a while so you lose it all and have to start from square one.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Deleted member 8765
Just wondering because it would suck if you invested countless of hours to get a nice body and then you get sick/injured or whatever and can't lift for a while so you lose it all and have to start from square one.
Normies will tell show you pictures of outliers and say
SEE LOOK AT THIS GUY IN A WHEELCHAIR HE HAS A CUTE GF AND POWERLIFTS SEE SEE SEE SEE SEE SEE!
While ignoring his 25000 dollar income and foreign sports car in his McMansion Garage.
Idk I’m just shitposting

• +1
Yes, barely. However if you'd continue lifting, it'd take literally month or two to get your old gains back due to muscle memory.
does this mean connor murphy will get nearly as big after his fast? also how does it work from roids? If david laid stopped roids and then kept working out as hard would he still lose gains?

• +1
does this mean connor murphy will get nearly as big after his fast? also how does it work from roids? If david laid stopped roids and then kept working out as hard would he still lose gains?
Curious about this as well, might start roiding because I hate the whole "gym lifestyle" and don't want to spend all my free time in the gym just to look slightly better than non lifters

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Deleted member 6095
Yes, but you would regain it very fast. Happened to me. Had to stop lifting for a year because of an injury. Took me just half a year to regain all the size from the previous 3 years
that's good to know

• +1
Reactions: Carbon Copy
It's a lot more difficult to gain and lose muscle than people think

• +1
It's a lot more difficult to gain and lose muscle than people think
All natty lifters I know don't look like they lift unless they're shirtless

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
David Laid is not unnaturally big. It's just that he's so lean and also powerful. But generally roider would lose size, but still be able to keep impressive amount of muscle, probably a bit more than his natural max would've been.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4310 and Deleted member 6095
David Laid is not unnaturally big. It's just that he's so lean and also powerful. But generally roider would lose size, but still be able to keep impressive amount of muscle, probably a bit more than his natural max would've been.
I see, so he could attain similar mass, but cannot maintain low bf without roids. ty

• +1
Reactions: BigBiceps
if you cleaned your room spotless and never touched it in a year would there be dust?

• Hmm...
Reactions: Danish_Retard
Once the muscle cell has been expanded, it will be more easily expanded again. But the same logic applies to fat cells. Once you were fat you can be fat again more easily.