if you think nfts are a joke you are a dumbass

Harold O'brien

Harold O'brien

they/them
meme jpegs will not be the only usecase

regardless the same people shitting on nfts splash out for items of clothing because they a logo sewn onto them. it's a status thing

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128 and Deleted member 15099

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 14957 and Deleted member 5189
nftmaxxing is legit

People shit on nfts because most nft/crypto enjoyers are pretentious little fucks who think them following a couple of discord servers and twitter users suddenly makes them good traders and smarter than the average person for coinflipping their money. Actually smart people understand that it's very hard to put crypto (and general currency to an extent), let alone nfts, into concrete mathematical models , and therefore just don't give a flying shit about something volatile and inconsistent (when they could do stock trading instead for example)

People shit on nfts because most nft/crypto enjoyers are pretentious little fucks who think them following a couple of discord servers and twitter users suddenly makes them good traders and smarter than the average person for coinflipping their money. Actually smart people understand that it's very hard to put crypto (and general currency to an extent), let alone nfts, into concrete mathematical models , and therefore just don't give a flying shit about something volatile and inconsistent (when they could do stock trading instead for example)
because stock trading is so consistent. all mathematical models for asset prices suck

actual smart people are very bullish on crypto because it is the future of financial markets

meme jpegs will not be the only usecase

regardless the same people shitting on nfts splash out for items of clothing because they a logo sewn onto them. it's a status thing
go dig a hole lazy shit

because stock trading is so consistent. all mathematical models for asset prices suck

actual smart people are very bullish on crypto because it is the future of financial markets
Bullish on crypto is very accurate and a key word to describe it, because currently both I know that are actively involved (with very good financial field backgrounds and projects) , stay away from it due to its nature, and the fact that it's hard to describe

Actual smart people create their own products and manage young companies

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6128 and Deleted member 7725
nft's are a bubble. you got brainwashed by 'how to make money online' influencers.

let me guess, your into crypto(gambling) too?

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
Bullish on crypto is very accurate and a key word to describe it, because currently both I know that are actively involved (with very good financial field backgrounds and projects) , stay away from it due to its nature, and the fact that it's hard to describe
They stay away professionally because of regulatory barriers

If they stay away personally and have no interest in defi or financial innovation then they are just dumb or boomers, sorry

nft's are a bubble. you got brainwashed by 'how to make money online' influencers.

let me guess, your into crypto(gambling) too?
It's not gambling any more than stocks are

I'm heavily invested in defi and digitisation of world's financial assets

It's not gambling any more than stocks are

I'm heavily invested in defi and digitisation of world's financial assets
it is cos stocks actually hold real value. coins are literally just memes

Actual smart people create their own products and manage young companies
In the cryptoverse, yeah

Just look where all the young natural talent is going

it is cos stocks actually hold real value. coins are literally just memes
Explain to me the value of non-dividend paying stocks

Smart contract platforms derive value because the coin is required to execute smart contracts

Last edited by a moderator:
They stay away professionally because of regulatory barriers

If they stay away personally and have no interest in defi or financial innovation then they are just dumb or boomers, sorry
My own side stops there, because I don't have a financial background as you can guess. I'd however really like to know your own background and what kind of validity you bring to this table to make this kind of absolute claims? It's pretty bold imo. "Innovation" my ass, there's only 24h a day, if you were to look at every single possible project you'd have no time. In life there's value, and value within reason. It's very very fair for me to say, that someone deciding that investing a lot of time and money in a very volatile environment, when stock trading brings like 20-25 percent ROI, is very much in the area of value within reason. When you're looking at it more rigorously, you're also not gonna "innovate" in the hopes of a random non predictable blow-up of some random crypto. Imo, this is all just talk ,like some of those instagram "grindset" pages, making you feel like you're inadequate/uninformed for not being involved in the latest trend.

My own side stops there, because I don't have a financial background as you can guess. I'd however really like to know your own background and what kind of validity you bring to this table to make this kind of absolute claims? It's pretty bold imo. "Innovation" my ass, there's only 24h a day, if you were to look at every single possible project you'd have no time. In life there's value, and value within reason. It's very very fair for me to say, that someone deciding that investing a lot of time and money in a very volatile environment, when stock trading brings like 20-25 percent ROI, is very much in the area of value within reason. When you're looking at it more rigorously, you're also not gonna "innovate" in the hopes of a random non predictable blow-up of some random crypto. Imo, this is all just talk ,like some of those instagram "grindset" pages, making you feel like you're inadequate/uninformed for not being involved in the latest trend.
Do you think the future of finance is filling out a shit ton of paperwork and waiting over a week to get a loan approved by a bank? Or clicking a few times with the required collateral?

Decentralised finance is inherently superior because a) there are no single points of failure in the system and b) it is far more efficient having contracts that execute automatically.

Institutions acknowledge this, just look at the results of the 2021 Blockchain survey from Deloitte. The anti-crypto crowd is just midwits forming a counter movement to all the cancer shitcoin gambling without understanding the fundamental behind the whole space

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3946
The anti-crypto crowd is just midwits forming a counter movement to all the cancer shitcoin gambling without understanding the fundamental behind the whole space
Agreed with the decentralised finance part, that's pretty much the whole appeal of crypto obviously. As per this point I've quoted, yea obviously that's what I'm personally against, people don't actually understand how that shit works (read; just reading stuff up and watching videos/influencers, then taking that subjective opinion full of biases to attempt applying it on a practical level), and thus make it harder for actual traders, adding more variables in this. There's a reason that the Greater Fool Theory can be mathematically modeled.