If You Want to Know How You Really Look

Lumbersexual

Lumbersexual

Platinum
You can use the mirror to style your hair or whatever, but once you're ready, this is how you tell how you're really looking:

Use your back camera and begin recording video. Set up your phone perfectly vertical and with the lens at eye level and centered between your eyes while standing just over arm's length away. Don't make any fast movements and look directly into the lens for a few seconds. Now you can move to any other angles you want to check as well.

This will ensure you get the most realistic representation of how others see you. It sets your camera at a realistic speaking distance (just outside your personal space), doesn't mirror your image, gets your face more or less straight on, looking in the eyes. We generally tend to gravitate to straight on, eye contact, a few feet away, during conversation.

• +1
Reactions: animo123, LastHopeForNorman, Lorsss and 4 others
my head looks too big for my body, its over

High iq thread, ty op

• +1
Reactions: Luke LLL, Lorsss, Deleted member 2012 and 1 other person
I've done this so many times already I'm afraid I'm killing the effect

• +1
Reactions: Ammonia Clouds
Suicidefuel

• +1
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy, MansNotHot, dodt and 3 others
Or just buy a good feckin video camera

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing and Deleted member 245
seeing myself in motion is suifuel

• +1
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy, BigBoy and InZayn
Fuck this shit. I could not accept the fact im ugly. Never doing this again

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy, Stopping@Nothing19, LastHopeForNorman and 8 others
prove it baby

Nah I'll keep mirrorcoping

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444, Luke LLL and BigBoy
The video has exatly the same distortion of an equal selfie. You have to take a friend and in front of a mirror ask if you are the same

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4383, JawGuyFatFaceGuy, norwoodreaper and 2 others
anything selfie related (streching one arm out) is always bad and fucks up your symmetrie. it flexes ur traps and gives u weird angle. go take a video and move 1-2 meters away = better

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 245
anything selfie related (streching one arm out) is always bad and fucks up your symmetrie. it flexes ur traps and gives u weird angle. go take a video and move 1-2 meters away = better
I didn't say hold the phone. What I said was to set it up at eye level and stand back just over an arm's length away. This is the normal distance you would stand when speaking to someone and it's far enough away from the lens that there is very minimal to no lens distortion.
Also you must use the back camera. It is higher resolution and a more accurate lens aperture.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1140
The only real way to know how good looking you are is to get rated by honest blackpilled people.
My friends always said I was average, but I'm a 4 at most according to guys on this site. That explained why I always had trouble getting girls

Video from a high quality DSLR is better for this. All smart phone cameras have low focal lengths which fuck up your facial proportions.

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444
Video from a high quality DSLR is better for this. All smart phone cameras have low focal lengths which fuck up your facial proportions.
What are the steps to see how you look with a dslr

The only real way to know how good looking you are is to get rated by honest blackpilled people.
My friends always said I was average, but I'm a 4 at most according to guys on this site. That explained why I always had trouble getting girls
That's not what I'm talking about. This has nothing to do with what your rating is. What I'm saying is if you want to know how you look, without mirroring, in motion, standing roughly as far away as you would be when talking to someone, then the above is what you should do. This is close to how you look in the real world.

That's not what I'm talking about. This has nothing to do with what your rating is. What I'm saying is if you want to know how you look, without mirroring, in motion, standing roughly as far away as you would be when talking to someone, then the above is what you should do. This is close to how you look in the real world.
Good thread, but you forgot to mention one rather important detail: the indoor lighting can favor the short. Don't handicap yourself with bad lighting. Bend your knees a little if you're tall and see if there's much difference.

Yeah dude... its suifuel.

Another good one is looking at yourself in dressing room mirrors that show all angles.

• So Sad
Reactions: TsarTsar444
I made my mind to rope after doing this.

Another good one is looking at yourself in dressing room mirrors that show all angles.
i look pretty good in those dressing room mirrors

• Hmm...
Reactions: StoicNihilist
i look pretty good in those dressing room mirrors

Then you dont really need this place, fam.

If your reflection in the mirror doesn't make you want to buckshot yourself then you are probably a fakecel.

You can use the mirror to style your hair or whatever, but once you're ready, this is how you tell how you're really looking:

Use your back camera and begin recording video. Set up your phone perfectly vertical and with the lens at eye level and centered between your eyes while standing just over arm's length away. Don't make any fast movements and look directly into the lens for a few seconds. Now you can move to any other angles you want to check as well.

This will ensure you get the most realistic representation of how others see you. It sets your camera at a realistic speaking distance (just outside your personal space), doesn't mirror your image, gets your face more or less straight on, looking in the eyes. We generally tend to gravitate to straight on, eye contact, a few feet away, during conversation.
Fuck just made a video and looked insane

If your reflection in the mirror doesn't make you want to buckshot yourself then you are probably a fakecel.
Well its a self improvement forum not an incel forum

• +1
Reactions: animo123 and norwoodreaper

this isnt incels.is, trueceldom and deep self hatred arent a prerequisite for posting on this site.

• +1
Reactions: animo123
uSE A MIRROR

Most phone cameras have a focal lenght around 30mm, so you'd need to hold your camera around 2 meters away from your body

This works quite well for checking out your body, but face looks quite distorted in some mirrors.

Most people here aren't incels tho.
80% of people arround here are either autistic, retarded, lack social skills or are just too afraid of life. And some other like me have literally 0 social life, so there is no chance for us of meeting girls

Most phone cameras have a focal lenght around 30mm, so you'd need to hold your camera around 2 meters away from your body
An arm length and a bit is roughly a metre, but you could certainly stand two and a bit arms length back.
Good thread, but you forgot to mention one rather important detail: the indoor lighting can favor the short. Don't handicap yourself with bad lighting. Bend your knees a little if you're tall and see if there's much difference.
True. I would recommend front facing light from a natural source but not directly out in the sunlight. I'd say face a window for best lighting.

If I do that I look good tbh

Dressing room 3 mirrors is legit, that's how i noticed my hair was going to shit and i noticed everything about my body (from proportions, leg length to torso length etc...).
I wasn't blackpilled so i dn care about my face

camera lens distort image

• +1
Reactions: animo123 and Htobrother
This works quite well for checking out your body, but face looks quite distorted in some mirrors.

Most people here aren't incels tho.
80% of people arround here are either autistic, retarded, lack social skills or are just too afraid of life. And some other like me have literally 0 social life, so there is no chance for us of meeting girls

Most people here are 7 psl Chads like me

Also jfl at this I look exactly the same as in the mirror. If you look different then you are delusional and overrating yourself

Also jfl at this I look exactly the same as in the mirror. If you look different then you are delusional and overrating yourself

Take a selfie and flip it horizontally with the editor, have a rope ready

Take a selfie and flip it horizontally with the editor, have a rope ready
I look the same like I just said. If you look uglier than expected then you were overrating yourself

life fuel ngl, i'm kinda sexy

Don't care, im bluepilling right now

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and WadlowMaxxing
Autism. Just look in the fucking mirror.

• Woah
Reactions: Htobrother