Im 16 and I recently did a blood test and my TSH was at 3.07. Is that too high?

fleurybobby

fleurybobby

Bronze
Im scared i might develop hypothyroidism. Should i start taking levothyroxine? Or am i too young for that? Also what happens if you dont have hypothyroidism and you take levothyroxine? And last question, what happens when you stop taking levothyroxine, does your TSH go back at where it was at the start?

kiss me horror GIF

Im scared i might develop hypothyroidism. Should i start taking levothyroxine? Or am i too young for that? Also what happens if you dont have hypothyroidism and you take levothyroxine? And last question, what happens when you stop taking levothyroxine, does your TSH go back at where it was at the start?

• JFL
Reactions: gietol
It’s above average but you are fine. You most likely won’t become hypo, however, will be on the higher end of the normal range for majority of your life, only until it’s gets outside of the normal ranges (4.0+) that you should start taking T4. Unless for heightmaxxing purposes.

Why not consult your doctor first?

It’s above average but you are fine. You most likely won’t become hypo, however, will be on the higher end of the normal range for majority of your life, only until it’s gets outside of the normal ranges (4.0+) that you should start taking T4. Unless for heightmaxxing purposes.
If i take it for heightmaxxing purposes, what would happen when i stop taking it? Would my TSH go back to where it was or will it go even higher? And i was also thinking how could it make me grow taller?