I’m about to ascend so hard: need help with MSE.

A

ascentium

Looks Theory Died- Cheekboneless Sub-Chad
I’m about to ascend so hard.

just had mse installed with 19 cortical punctures.

i heard chewing helps disarticulate the sutures.

@Sergio-OMS @RealSurgerymax @MSEFM please confirm?

warm regards,
Friend

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: AscendingHero, .👽., RealSurgerymax and 5 others
BWC pilled again, just ldar

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Sergio-OMS
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
Awesome. Now you need to plan your lefort 3 osteotomy.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, coolguy1, ascentium and 1 other person
How old are you? Did you have a CBCT after installation to confirm the TADs are in a good position with bicortical engagement? If something is going to prevent your midpalatal suture from splitting, I doubt that chewing is going to make it happen. I've read about people trying all kinds of desperate methods including chewing and manual pulling to try and get a stubborn suture to separate without success. Often they end up needing a second MSE and/or surgical assist. Most of the problems that result in failure wouldn't be overcome by chewing, but I don't think it can hurt. I chewed on mastic gum before and after my diastema.

Last edited:
  • Love it
Reactions: Luke LLL
How old are you? Did you have a CBCT after installation to confirm the TADs are in a good position with bicortical engagement? If something is going to prevent your midpalatal suture from splitting, I doubt that chewing is going to make it happen. I've read about people trying all kinds of desperate methods including chewing and manual pulling to try and get a stubborn suture to separate without success. Often they end up needing a second MSE and/or surgical assist. Most of the problems that result in failure wouldn't be overcome by chewing, but I don't think it can hurt. I chewed on mastic gum before and after my diastema.

no post installation CBCTs but the practitioner is one of the leaders in the field, and her or she has my complete trust. Bicortical engagement was obtained.

surgical assist was recommended but was quite costly. The ortho had mixed feelings about my case, as the bone in the posterior part of my palate was soft but the anterior palate was much harder. The ortho also noted that my Chad bones will offer resistance to the split.

it is what it is.

I’m praying to the gods, and fortuna will be in my favor. “Chad luck,” some have called it. We shall see.

I’m ascending either way. I will find a way.

Warm regards,
Friend

Imagine coping with chad bones only having to pay over 7k for the surgical assist

it’s absolutely fucking brutally over for transverse-cels

narrow skull or death

• +1
Reactions: ascentium
Imagine coping with chad bones only having to pay over 7k for the surgical assist

it’s absolutely fucking brutally over for transverse-cels

narrow skull or death

you will one day join the ranks of the long-faced, post-bimax, hound-maxxed Italians while I’m chasing down my n-th procedure as an oldcel, with a girlfriend I woefully neglect because I’m phishing for reacts (dopamine) from rotting autist.

it’s a beautiful world

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: hairyballscel, AscendingHero, Carolus and 3 others
you will one day join the ranks of the long-faced, post-bimax, hound-maxxed Italians while I’m chasing down my n-th procedure as an oldcel, with a girlfriend I woefully neglect because I’m phishing for reacts (dopamine) from rotting autist.

it’s a beautiful world
This is what larping as a med does to a nigga

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: hairyballscel, AscendingHero, SPFromNY914 and 1 other person

no post installation CBCTs but the practitioner is one of the leaders in the field, and her or she has my complete trust. Bicortical engagement was obtained.

surgical assist was recommended but was quite costly. The ortho had mixed feelings about my case, as the bone in the posterior part of my palate was soft but the anterior palate was much harder. The ortho also noted that my Chad bones will offer resistance to the split.

it is what it is.

I’m praying to the gods, and fortuna will be in my favor. “Chad luck,” some have called it. We shall see.

Warm regards,
Friend
I hope everything works out for you! You might want to follow the slower turn protocol to reduce your risk of failure even though it supposedly gives less midface changes.

• +1
I hope everything works out for you! You might want to follow the slower turn protocol to reduce your risk of failure even though it supposedly gives less midface changes.

thank you, friend. I’ve been following your post closely. I had the face mask prescribed as well, though I had class III tendencies not skeletal class III. I’ll keep you posted as I’m unlikely to include updates here.

I’m doing 2 turns a day for the first 5 days, then 1 turn a day afterwards.

how many turns until you got a split?

Last edited:
thank you, friend. I’ve been following your post closely. I had the face mask prescribed as well, though I had class III tendencies not skeletal class III. I’ll keep you posted as I’m unlikely to include updates here.

I’m doing 2 turns a day for the first 5 days, then 1 turn a day afterwards.

how many turns until you got a split?
That sounds like a reasonable schedule. My split came at turn 35.

• +1
What's your plan for your lower arch to meet the shifted upper teeth for correct bite?

What's your plan for your lower arch to meet the shifted upper teeth for correct bite?

my lower arch is broader than my upper. I have a moderate degree of dental compensation as the bottom molars and lingually tipped and my upper molars are bucally tipped. I have a lower quad-helix to upright the bottom teeth. Phase II of the treatment plan includes orthodontic correction with Invisalign, TADs to amend cant and extrude upper incisors for positive smile line, and partial braces will be used to torque the second and first molars. Ideally the the upper arch should be about 5mm wider than the lower, but a bite can be found at 8mm with tipping—that provides a comfortable margin for expansion.

• +1
Reactions: MSEFM
That sounds like a reasonable schedule. My split came at turn 35.

i am 12 turns in. I think I may have gotten a split. I should have taken a before but i noticed a hair line diastema starting to form.

0E15793E 84A7 47C7 A0D1 254BAEA6CD7C

i am 12 turns in. I think I may have gotten a split. I should have taken a before but i noticed a hair line diastema starting to form.

View attachment 1108789
I had some slight opening of the contacts (less resistance to flossing) or hairline gaps like your picture between my central incisors and between my central and lateral incisors in the weeks before it really popped open one day with a gap wider than 1mm, visible from a distance, associated with some minor pain in the area around my front teeth. I think you'll know when the suture actually splits, but maybe it's less apparent for some people.

Last edited:
  • +1
I had some slight opening of the contacts (less resistance to flossing) or hairline gaps like your picture between my central incisors and between my central and lateral incisors in the weeks before it really popped open one day with a gap wider than 1mm, visible from a distance, associated with some minor pain in the area around my front teeth. I think you'll know when the suture actually splits, but maybe it's less apparent for some people.
have you had any aesthetic changes in your face?

• +1
have you had any aesthetic changes in your face?
Not dramatically. Obviously my smile is wider. I think my cheekbones are slightly more prominent. My upper lip seems to have more support. My forward head posture is reduced and this improves the appearance of my eyes, but I don't think there's much actual structural change there. My nose might be a little less asymmetric. To my untrained eye, there aren't any indisputable differences on before and after pictures that couldn't be attributed to camera and lighting differences, except maybe the wider smile with reduced buccal corridors.

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32, KraftDurchLeid and ascentium
Not dramatically. Obviously my smile is wider. I think my cheekbones are slightly more prominent. My upper lip seems to have more support. My forward head posture is reduced and this improves the appearance of my eyes, but I don't think there's much actual structural change there. My nose might be a little less asymmetric. To my untrained eye, there aren't any indisputable differences on before and after pictures that couldn't be attributed to camera and lighting differences, except maybe the wider smile with reduced buccal corridors.
Do you have more teeth showing while smiling, if so how many? And do you think your lip width has increased?

Sorry for asking all these questions but you can't find much about this on the internet. Thanks for your answer tough

Do you have more teeth showing while smiling, if so how many? And do you think your lip width has increased?

Sorry for asking all these questions but you can't find much about this on the internet. Thanks for your answer tough
I think my first molars are visible when I smile now and weren't really visible before. So I guess I went from a 10 to a 12 tooth smile. I don't really notice my lips being wider when my mouth is closed, but maybe slightly.

@ascentium any updates? How many turns have you advanced?

it is what it is.

Warm regards,
Friend
would you mind sharing the name of the doctor? i'm considering MSE

@ascentium any updates? How many turns have you advanced?

50 turns in. It’s not looking too hot. Consulting maxillo-facial surgeons for surgical assist.

how many months you'll spend to be fully done ?

50 turns in. It’s not looking too hot. Consulting maxillo-facial surgeons for surgical assist.
Sorry to hear this! Do you notice tilting or dragging of the TADs? I wonder if there were any problems with their placement since you didn't have a post-installation CBCT (i.e. bicortical engagement, no intersection of the suture, etc.). I guess you probably just had too much resistance from surrounding structures as you mentioned above. Good luck with the surgical assist approach!

• +1
Sorry to hear this! Do you notice tilting or dragging of the TADs? I wonder if there were any problems with their placement since you didn't have a post-installation CBCT (i.e. bicortical engagement, no intersection of the suture, etc.). I guess you probably just had too much resistance from surrounding structures as you mentioned above. Good luck with the surgical assist approach!

the Tads are tipped significantly. No dragging was noted at last appointment. Ortho noted the spacing between my teeth at our last appointment and said it was a really good sign. His maxillo-facial surgeon quoted me 8k for the SA, in addition to the 2.5k fee for the new mse device (as if they don’t cost $250), so I’m consulting with other surgeons.

ive seen conflicting information about whether upper midface will still expand after SA. What are your thoughts?

the Tads are tipped significantly. No dragging was noted at last appointment. Ortho noted the spacing between my teeth at our last appointment and said it was a really good sign. His maxillo-facial surgeon quoted me 8k for the SA, in addition to the 2.5k fee for the new mse device (as if they don’t cost $250), so I’m consulting with other surgeons.

ive seen conflicting information about whether upper midface will still expand after SA. What are your thoughts?
I think it depends on the type of surgical assist. If they are just scoring the buttress bone but not cutting all the way through, it should still translate some of the expansion to the zygomas.

• +1
I think it depends on the type of surgical assist. If they are just scoring the buttress bone but not cutting all the way through, it should still translate some of the expansion to the zygomas.

yeah. Just a corticotomy and not a full osteo.

thank you,