I'm spiritually Gen X, I should have never ended up in this place

Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa

Gwenocracy
I would have been in my late 30's/early 40's by now, raising and looking after my own kids around your age.

Now I'm stuck among you lot myself as a mentally ill zoomer, all because my boomer parents decided to have me at the ripe old age of forty.

FUCK!

• +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: Gargantuan, Clqs, Abhorrence and 8 others
I would have been in my late 30's/early 40's by now, raising and looking after my own kids around your age.

Now I'm stuck among you lot myself as a mentally ill zoomer, all because my boomer parents decided to have me at the ripe old age of forty.

FUCK!
Im in similar boat. My parents are old farts

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: zurzolo, Darkeningstar, Chadeep and 2 others
My parents have me in 30s and they are in their 50s

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Tabula Rasa, Darkeningstar and ascension

FUCK!
Im in similar boat. My parents are old farts
how old are ur parents rn

• +1
Reactions: zurzolo and Tabula Rasa
Our parents are stupid. I don't get why people glorify their parents when a lot of our problems can be traced back to their decisions.

• +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: Gargantuan, tombradylover, zurzolo and 3 others
Our parents are stupid. I don't get why people glorify their parents when a lot of our problems can be traced back to their decisions.
I love my parents so much bro. Im lucky to have had good parents. I genuinely feel sorry for anyone that had shit parents. No kid deserves to be raised that way

• +1
Reactions: Madridista and Tabula Rasa
My dad is 63 and my mom is 54 JFL and my dad is still working a high paying job and doesn't want to retire even tho he easily can it blows my mind

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: SidharthTheSlayer, moredatesmorerapes and Tabula Rasa
My dad is 63 and my mom is 54 JFL and my dad is still working a high paying job and doesn't want to retire even tho he easily can it blows my mind
Oh ok, it's nice to hear you have good parents. One of the main issues for me is that it's a 3 generational gap and I can't relate to their thinking/experiences, I am hardly close to them.

• +1
Reactions: Abhorrence and tombradylover
@Abhorrence give upvote

• +1
Reactions: Abhorrence
Oh ok, it's nice to hear you have good parents. One of the main issues for me is that it's a 3 generational gap and I can't relate to their thinking/experiences, I am hardly close to them.
Understandable tbh. I find it hard to relate to my parents as well, especially when it comes to social shit, but they love sports and we watch baseball, football, soccer and basketball as often as possible. The thing i like most about them is that they are always willing to compromise. For example, i made them watch fallout (the new tv show based on the video games) with me and they were willing to watch with an open mind and actually heavily enjoyed the show and shit like that brings us closer together. I always try and compromise as well with them too like going to home depot and helping my dad fix shit around the house when I'm not interested at all or going shopping for clothes with my mom even tho i hate shopping and the mall.

They have genuinely given me a great life and while they are terrible with giving advice for women or social advice because of the generational gap, they are awesome parents man, i appreciate that u find it nice i have good parents lmao

• +1
Reactions: Tabula Rasa
Understandable tbh. I find it hard to relate to my parents as well, especially when it comes to social shit, but they love sports and we watch baseball, football, soccer and basketball as often as possible. The thing i like most about them is that they are always willing to compromise. For example, i made them watch fallout (the new tv show based on the video games) with me and they were willing to watch with an open mind and actually heavily enjoyed the show and shit like that brings us closer together. I always try and compromise as well with them too like going to home depot and helping my dad fix shit around the house when I'm not interested at all or going shopping for clothes with my mom even tho i hate shopping and the mall.

They have genuinely given me a great life and while they are terrible with giving advice for women or social advice because of the generational gap, they are awesome parents man, i appreciate that u find it nice i have good parents lmao
Yeah, as I said, I'm not close with them, I don't do this recreational bonding stuff or have good conversation with them, I am kind of like an object to them. Not sad or particularly sentimental about it, I'm an old and jaded individual, moreso annoyed and bitter about my personal circumstances honestly.
i appreciate that u find it nice i have good parents lmao
I said it matter of factly tbh.

• +1
Reactions: tombradylover
Yeah, as I said, I'm not close with them, I don't do this recreational bonding stuff or have good conversation with them, I am kind of like an object to them. Not sad or particularly sentimental about it, I'm an old and jaded individual, moreso annoyed and bitter about my personal circumstances honestly.

I said it matter of factly tbh.
Even though it seems like u don't care, For wtv its worth, i am sorry u weren't closer to ur parents. Everyone deserves a proper relationship with their parents.
I hope ur personal circumstances improve so u can enjoy life the way its supposed to be enjoyed (y)

• +1
Reactions: Tabula Rasa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back