Imagine falling for the Anglo-Judaic “Irish aren’t White meme”

The Irish are white, but there's some reasoning behind the idea that they have non-white ancestry. Many Irish, especially Munster Irish, have a significant amount of Western Hunter Gatherer (Cheddar Man) proto-Negroid DNA and low Neanderthal admixture. Notice how some of them have curly hair, negroid noses, and retro faces, which give them a somewhat depigmented octaroon look, although this isn't very common most Irish look like regular whites

Their looks or genetics wasn't the main reason tho. The main reason the Irish weren't historically considered white in the U.S. is that, around 100 years ago, only WASPs (White Anglo-Saxon Protestants) and Germanics, held positions of power in the US, and the Irish were seen as low-class laborers. They also mixed more with Blacks and Italian Guidos(Also viewed as ethnic minorities at the time). Over time, however, the Irish gained influence, through groups like the mafia and political organizations like Tammany Hall in New York, which was run by Irish Americans. In the UK, anti-Catholic and anti-Protestant sentiments, along with the Irish War of Independence and "The Troubles" in the 1990s, fueled anti-Irish attitudes. Some older English people still hold these views and the hardcore sfcel geezers in England and the US still hate the Irish, but most people unders the age of 40 don't care about these things @widdi
@psychomandible

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: psychomandible
The Irish are white, but there's some reasoning behind the idea that they have non-white ancestry. Many Irish, especially Munster Irish, have a significant amount of Western Hunter Gatherer (Cheddar Man) proto-Negroid DNA and low Neanderthal admixture. Notice how some of them have curly hair, negroid noses, and retro faces, which give them a somewhat depigmented octaroon look, although this isn't very common most Irish look like regular whites

Their looks or genetics wasn't the main reason tho. The main reason the Irish weren't historically considered white in the U.S. is that, around 100 years ago, only WASPs (White Anglo-Saxon Protestants), Ulster Scots and Germanics, held positions of power in the US, and the Irish were seen as low-class laborers. They also mixed more with Blacks and Italian Guidos(Also viewed as ethnic minorities at the time). Over time, however, the Irish gained influence, through groups like the mafia and political organizations like Tammany Hall in New York, which was run by Irish Americans. In the UK, anti-Catholic and anti-Protestant sentiments, along with the Irish War of Independence and "The Troubles" in the 1990s, fueled anti-Irish attitudes. Some older English people still hold these views and the hardcore sfcel geezers in England and the US still hate the Irish, but most people under the age of 40 don't care about these things @widdi
If we are going to use a strict definition of people that are white irish aren't white beacuse of Catholicism white states really only include UK, Norway, iceland, Sweden, Denmark, some parts of germany, Baltic, and Netherlands all other places aren't really white maybe you could put a small minority of Russians in ( ones from around the St petersburg area) but even then it's extremely iffy. I've been a advocate against using the terms such as white as they're extremely vague and misleading

If we are going to use a strict definition of people that are white irish aren't white beacuse of Catholicism white states really only include UK, Norway, iceland, Sweden, Denmark, some parts of germany, Baltic, and Netherlands all other places aren't really white maybe you could put a small minority of Russians in ( ones from around the St petersburg area) but even then it's extremely iffy. I've been a advocate against using the terms such as white as they're extremely vague and misleading
In the 19th and early 20th centuries, whiteness was more of a social status tied to power and influence. The dominant group-WASPs-held cultural and economic power, and Irish immigrants, who were largely Catholic and came from poor, rural backgrounds, were marginalized. This wasn't because of any racial difference but due to economic, political and religious differences.

Whiteness isn't something that is set in stone and is something that only matters in mixed populations. the concepts of "white" "black" "asian" are pointless in their home continent. These are the countries which tore each other apart you expect them to huddle up and say "we are WHITE/ASIAN/BLACK, so we Must love one another". Most euros don't give two fucks about other euros and always consider themselves to be German, British, Italian not white. White identity is mainly an american thing.

• +1
In the 19th and early 20th centuries, whiteness was more of a social status tied to power and influence. The dominant group-WASPs-held cultural and economic power, and Irish immigrants, who were largely Catholic and came from poor, rural backgrounds, were marginalized. This wasn't because of any racial difference but due to economic, political and religious differences.

Whiteness isn't something that is set in stone and is something that only matters in mixed populations. the concepts of "white" "black" "asian" are pointless in their home continent. These are the countries which tore each other apart you expect them to huddle up and say "we are WHITE/ASIAN/BLACK, so we Must love one another". Most euros don't give two fucks about other euros and always consider themselves to be German, British, Italian not white. White identity is mainly an american thing.
That's why I think people should identify with ethnicity or national lines not race its arbitrary

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
That's why I think people should identify with ethnicity or national lines not race its arbitrary
What about americans, or even Australians then? a wog aussie and a anglo aussie aren't the same even tho both are Australian

• +1
I don’t care about race anymore I’m an absurdist but I had to get this off my chest
Ofc as I said you’d change your view in a week but my bad I was wrong you did it in a day wow :lul::lul::lul:

• +1
That’s also arbitrary how long has that nation existed? And what made it exist I’ll give you a hint it has to do with a powerful tribe bullying weaker ones into a federation

• +1
What about americans, or even Australians then? a wog aussie and a anglo aussie aren't the same even tho both are Australian
Here within Australia we say our ethnic background but once overseas we just say we're aussie

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
That’s also arbitrary how long has that nation existed? And what made it exist I’ll give you a hint it has to do with a powerful tribe bullying weaker ones into a federation
It's still better then race as atleast with a nation there are things that connect people more then just colour (language, culture, experience)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back