IMDO

Elias

Elias

IMDO. We know this is a god surgery for overbitecels. However, it could be a god surgery for underbitecels too.

First of all we know IMDO is done at a slower process, so this might debunk if this is possible or not, I have yet to ask a surgeon.

Lefort 1 and IMDO, instead of Lefort 1 + BSSO and/or Genio. IMDO provides far more projection for the mandible than BSSO. The results are astonishing.

Lefort 1 + IMDO would mog any bimax result. Then after get either a midface implant, or upper maxillary fillers: mimicking a lefort 3 osteotomy.

• +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 3202, Gaia262 and 8 others
who would do this on somebody with perfect occlusion.

• +1
Reactions: middayshowers
IMDO. We know this is a god surgery for overbitecels. However, it could be a god surgery for underbitecels too.

First of all we know IMDO is done at a slower process, so this might debunk if this is possible or not, I have yet to ask a surgeon.

Lefort 1 and IMDO, instead of Lefort 1 + BSSO and/or Genio. IMDO provides far more projection for the mandible than BSSO. The results are astonishing.

Lefort 1 + IMDO would mog any bimax result. Then after get either a midface implant, or upper maxillary fillers: mimicking a lefort 3 osteotomy.
Why have i never heard of this? Is this something thats not performed in a lot of places or something? What exactly is it? Does it work like a surgery?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Luke LLL and Deleted member 1849

I agree, it would mog any bimax result. It widens as well as lengthens.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 3202, PubertyMaxxer and Elias
I agree, it would mog any bimax result. It widens as well as lengthens.
Lifefuel for MSEcels

MSE+MSDO+IMDO+Lefort 1
Unmoggable

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: CursedOne, Deleted member 5385 and Luke LLL
Why have i never heard of this? Is this something thats not performed in a lot of places or something? What exactly is it? Does it work like a surgery?
Because you’re wasting your time thinking about thick skin and random copes than doing actual research.

• +1
Reactions: Elias
Because you’re wasting your time thinking about thick skin and random copes than doing actual research.

Ok I guess you know more than Eppley then. Good to know (=

• +1
Reactions: CursedOne
Also it seems like cope. Seems like only for teenagers
I mog eppley to the graveyard and back
IMDO is cope from what I am reading

• Ugh..
Reactions: Luke LLL
Lifefuel for MSEcels

MSE+MSDO+IMDO+Lefort 1
Unmoggable
Why would you get IMDO and MSDO? MSDO just widens, IMDO does what BSSO and MSDO do. From my understanding at least.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
MSE+MSDO

Then Lefort 1+ IMDO would acsend me hard

• +1
Why would you get IMDO and MSDO? MSDO just widens, IMDO does what BSSO and MSDO do. From my understanding at least.
Does IMDO widen the chin? I thought it would only widen the mandible

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5786, AscendingHero and CursedOne

does it also provide ccw rotation for downswung mandible?
it does not help if it just brings the jaw forward when the gonial is shit

Last edited:
  • Hmm...
Ok I guess you know more than Eppley then. Good to know (=
Eppley just doesn’t want to call you fat because he’s bluepilled.
Does IMDO widen the chin? I thought it would only widen the mandible
That doesn’t make sense, it’s widening at the chin so yes it is widening it. It cuts the mandible in half and widens it.

• +1
27A31F0D 645A 4EA5 92EF F81E4F7078DD

Eppley just doesn’t want to call you fat because he’s bluepilled.

That doesn’t make sense, it’s widening at the chin so yes it is widening it. It cuts the mandible in half and widens it.
Me: Would me losing bodyfat play any part in your decision since I am overweight at the moment?

Eppley: No.

You: Autist

IMDO is indeed a god surgery, MOGS THE FUCK OUT OF BSSO, gives a slight increase in jaw width, more forward mandible growth (can increase jaw length by 16mm) and significantly better recovery time. Overall more stunning results compared to bsso. The guy who invented it resides in Australia

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 5786, AscendingHero, CursedOne and 2 others
@reptiles is fapping over the thought of lefort 3 + IMDO

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Incoming and reptiles
IMDO is indeed a god surgery, MOGS THE FUCK OUT OF BSSO, gives a slight increase in jaw width, more forward mandible growth (can increase jaw length by 16mm) and significantly better recovery time. Overall more stunning results compared to bsso. The guy who invented it resides in Australia
But its distraction osteogenesis so you cant do ccw Rotation with it

Also bsso also widens the mandible up to 4mm with the right technique and advancements of 10-15mm bsso are not uncommon

• +1
Reactions: CursedOne and Deleted member 1849
But its distraction osteogenesis so you cant do ccw Rotation with it

Also bsso also widens the mandible up to 4mm with the right technique and advancements of 10-15mm bsso are not uncommon

I want distractions for my ramus i think the ideal is 4 to 6 cm.

Mines 1.5 cm with ramus distractions i can upto 33 mm getting me up to 3.5 cm ramus length that could be a god combo ngl

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1849
post docs willing to do lefort 1 + imdo guys

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3202 and CursedOne
post docs willing to do lefort 1 + imdo guys
Dr Andreishev or Dr Chin could
They’d have to be blackpilled to do this as most surgeons would rather do LF1 + BSSO on a patient as its easier and more common

I know @Sergio-OMS does IMDO, if he comes back on ill ask him if he could do this, he has his practice in spain

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5786, CursedOne, Cope and 2 others
Dr Andreishev or Dr Chin could
They’d have to be blackpilled to do this as most surgeons would rather do LF1 + BSSO on a patient as its easier and more common

I know @Sergio-OMS does IMDO, if he comes back on ill ask him if he could do this, he has his practice in spain
Thanks man, one of the best posters here.

• +1
Thoughts? @Lorsss
You said you were getting Bimax

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5891 and Deleted member 1849
Also OP whats a chin sheild oseteomy?

Also OP whats a chin sheild oseteomy?
CHIN SHIELD

gr7 (1).jpg

gr8 (1).jpg

1-s2.0-S0901502709009564-gr3.jpg

1-s2.0-S0901502709009564-gr5.jpg

1-s2.0-S0901502709009564-gr6.jpg

DnoEvG4XsAIgzk9.jpg

"The osteotomy presented achieves this by creating a 'chin shield' where the mandibular segment advanced is relatively high on the side of the buccal cortex and lower on the lingual side and where the osteotomy or down-fracture in between is in an oblique angle in the sagittal plane. "

"The ratio of soft tissue response to bony movement in the sliding genioplasty technique was 1:0.83, whereas in the chin shield genioplasty technique, it was 1:0.99. Conclusions: In the chin shield genioplasty technique, the increase in labiomental fold depth was less than in the sliding genioplasty technique. "

"Chin shield osteotomy technique for genioplasty is a good option for horizontal as well as vertical lengthening of chin and does not cause deepening of the mentolabial fold. "

1-s2.0-S0094129807000764-gr24.jpg

CONVENTIONAL GENIO

gr3.jpg
976F1E7E 940D 40BD A269 C92342713509

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262 and Deleted member 2227
CHIN SHIELD

gr7 (1).jpg

gr8 (1).jpg

DnoEvG4XsAIgzk9.jpg

"The osteotomy presented achieves this by creating a 'chin shield' where the mandibular segment advanced is relatively high on the side of the buccal cortex and lower on the lingual side and where the osteotomy or down-fracture in between is in an oblique angle in the sagittal plane. "

"The ratio of soft tissue response to bony movement in the sliding genioplasty technique was 1:0.83, whereas in the chin shield genioplasty technique, it was 1:0.99. Conclusions: In the chin shield genioplasty technique, the increase in labiomental fold depth was less than in the sliding genioplasty technique. "

"Chin shield osteotomy technique for genioplasty is a good option for horizontal as well as vertical lengthening of chin and does not cause deepening of the mentolabial fold. "

CONVENTIONAL GENIO

gr3.jpg
View attachment 361477
so chin shield mogs sliding genio?

ok, so lets say someone has pretty average forward growth. what would be better

Lefort 1 + BSSO + Chin Shield and maybe assymetry correction.

or

Lefort 1 + IMDO + Chin Shield and maybe assymetry correction.

ok, so lets say someone has pretty average forward growth. what would be better

Lefort 1 + BSSO + Chin Shield and maybe assymetry correction.

or

Lefort 1 + IMDO + Chin Shield and maybe assymetry correction.
Need a picture of your side and frontal
Cant just recommend you a surgery without it, id be a fool to do so

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1849
Need a picture of your side and frontal
Cant just recommend you a surgery without it, id be a fool to do so
pmed u

who would do this on somebody with perfect occlusion.
A blackpilled surgeon
You can't because you can't do IMDO on the maxilla and the maxilla and the mandible have to move forward equivalently.
Stop it with your IMDO memes. IMDO targets almost no one here and almost no one is going to do bimax to begin with anyway.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227 and Deleted member 1849
You can't because you can't do IMDO on the maxilla and the maxilla and the mandible have to move forward equivalently.
Stop it with your IMDO memes. IMDO targets almost no one here and almost no one is going to do bimax to begin with anyway.
Did you even read the thread
Lefort 1 to advance the maxilla then IMDO to advance the mandible

It would cost less than bimax
It would mog bimaxs results too
Its not an invasive procedure

• +1
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman, CursedOne, Deleted member 5385 and 1 other person
Did you even read the thread
Lefort 1 to advance the maxilla then IMDO to advance the mandible

It would cost less than bimax
It would mog bimaxs results too
Its not an invasive procedure
So either way, you would get the same results since in both cases you can't move the mandible further than you moved the maxilla through Lefort1.

I am correct to point out you are wrong after reading this
"Lefort 1 + IMDO would mog any bimax result."
No, at best it is the same.
The maxilla is more tricky to move forward than the mandible since the maxilla is connected with your nose and nasal airway. IMDO is of no use if you have a good bite.

Also I am not sure to what degree IMDO can work with rotational advancement of the jaws which can be very important to the aesthetic results.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227 and Elias
So either way, you would get the same results since in both cases you can't move the mandible further than you moved the maxilla through Lefort1.

I am correct to point out you are wrong after reading this
"Lefort 1 + IMDO would mog any bimax result."
No, at best it is the same.
The maxilla is more tricky to move forward than the mandible since the maxilla is connected with your nose and nasal airway. IMDO is of no use if you have a good bite.

Also I am not sure to what degree IMDO can work with rotational advancement of the jaws which can be very important to the aesthetic results.
Yes True
But IMDO also widens the mandible and will project the chin more, mandible would only project as far as the BSSO would. This is because the chin is split using IMDO. Check the results in the video i posted, a patient looked like he had an underbite after IMDO even though prior he had an overbite, and that was without the conjunction of lefort 1

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385 and Gaia262
Yes True
But IMDO also widens the mandible and will project the chin more, mandible would only project as far as the BSSO would. Check the results in the video i posted, a patient looked like he had an underbite after IMDO even though prior he had an overbite, and that was without the conjunction of lefort 1
No, it won't, you are retarded. If the maxilla moves forward by whatever mm, IMDO and BSSO will give the SAME result, since you need to preserve the perfect bite, the mandible, chin, width and whatever cope will end up at the exact same place. Sorry if you can't comprehend.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227
No, it won't, you are retarded. If the maxilla moves forward by whatever mm, IMDO and BSSO will give the SAME result, since you need to preserve the perfect bite they will end up at the exact same place. Sorry if you can't comprehend.
I know what you're saying.
Ive just told you the chin will project more as its split during IMDO

It also widens the mandible

Those are what differentiates it from BSSO.

JFL @ u, shit mod

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385 and Deleted member 2227
I know what you're saying.
Ive just told you the chin will project more as its split during IMDO
Pretty sure that isn't called IMDO, that is an extra procedure at the chin area on top of IMDO which replaces BSSO.
And your width thing is retarded, show a scan that shows that there are more bones on the mandible and not some swelling or frauding. If there is that would be some weird undesirable bump on the side of the mandible at best, it still wouldn't make sense. It doesn't give you lateral projection.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227 and Elias
Pretty sure that isn't called IMDO, that is an extra procedure at the chin area on top of IMDO which replaces BSSO.
And your width thing is retarded, show a scan that shows that there are more bones on the mandible and not some swelling or frauding. If there is that would be some weird undesirable bump on the side of the mandible at best, it still wouldn't make sense. It doesn't give you lateral projection.
This is why this was labelled a discussion thread as it was a thought that entered my head while I was researching IMDO

Ill have to find evidence that it widens the mandible but its been claimed. I’ve messaged a few surgeons who specialize in IMDO, awaiting their response and ill update

Because its such an uncommon procedure, we are still learning. Ill hold my hands up you were correct about it having the same mandible projection as a BSSO because the bite needs to be aligned.

What do you think about the chin shield osteotomy in comparison to a sliding genioplasty?

This is why this was labelled a discussion thread as it was a thought that entered my head while I was researching IMDO

Ill have to find evidence that it widens the mandible but its been claimed. I’ve messaged a few surgeons who specialize in IMDO, awaiting their response and ill update

Because its such an uncommon procedure, we are still learning. Ill hold my hands up you were correct about it having the same mandible projection as a BSSO because the bite needs to be aligned.

What do you think about the chin shield osteotomy in comparison to a sliding genioplasty?
I am not entirely sure I know what chin shield refers to. Do you have a clear image where the osteotomy is made for the chin shield?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227
I am not entirely sure I know what chin shield refers to. Do you have a clear image where the osteotomy is made for the chin shield?
CHIN SHIELD

gr7 (1).jpg

gr8 (1).jpg

DnoEvG4XsAIgzk9.jpg

CONVENTIONAL GENIO

gr3.jpg

976F1E7E-940D-40BD-A269-C92342713509.jpeg

Lefort + imdo ho lee fuk

You would be superseding the lords position at that point you would become God

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5786
@Dude420

A thought.

In a bimax, the reason the surgeon usually puts a limit to how much the maxilla can horizontally be advanced is because theres a limit to how much BSSO can advance the mandible. However with IMDO, much greater projection can be achieved, meaning the surgeon could advance the maxilla more than a Bimax

@Dude420

A thought.

In a bimax, the reason the surgeon usually puts a limit to how much the maxilla can horizontally be advanced is because theres a limit to how much BSSO can advance the mandible. However with IMDO, much greater projection can be achieved, meaning the surgeon could advance the maxilla more than a Bimax
No, it is the other way around like I told you. Pushing the maxilla affects the nose shape and position. There is also a limit at which the nasal tissues can get stretched. I never heard of a maxilla advancement over 12mm, I have heard of mandible advancement over 12mm countless times (to compensate for overbite or rotation)

I am not sure about chin shield, I feel genio is the standard procedure for good reasons, whether it risks or results.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227, Deleted member 4430 and Elias
No, it is the other way around like I told you. Pushing the maxilla affects the nose shape and position. There is also a limit at which the nasal tissues can get stretched. I never heard of a maxilla advancement over 12mm, I have heard of mandible advancement over 12mm countless times (to compensate for overbite or rotation)

I am not sure about chin shield, I feel genio is the standard procedure for good reasons, whether it risks or results.
Fair enough

God tier poster.

brb when I make some money, but once that happens I’m going hard on looksmaxing and research again.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5786, DannyGreen and Deleted member 3163
So after reading the comments

Is the general conclusion that IMDO L1 and chin shield are better then a bimax plus genio?
Or are they equal

IMDO is said to have less potential bad effects like numbness or nerve damage than a BSSO
That seems like a benefit