Importance of Masseters: My botox reduction experience

JamesHowlett

JamesHowlett

Retiring from Looksmaxxing after I’m lean
I’ve gone from having big masseters, to getting botox masseter reduction, to regaining my masseters again through chewing.

At first I believed that big masseters were a negative thing, hence the botox. I have no regrets, as getting the botox has taught me how important big masseters/jaw width really is.

When my masseters were at their smallest:
- From the front, my face started looking more feminine due to the narrower, softer lower third. My head and zygos started overpowering my jaw, giving me a gay alien skull look. Had to keep the sides of my hair extremely short otherwise my jaw would look even smaller.
- From the side was where I saw the biggest impact: My ramus got shorter and my gonial angle increased and also looked more rounder. Masseters give the gonial most of it’s shape and increases ramus length. Also in the long run, weaker masseters will lead to the bone around the gonial getting smaller due to less force being placed on it.

Small masseters on the left, big on the right, see the difference in gonial and ramus:

E8DCF24C F786 4863 A449 8DA617ECAC7B

Front view comparing small vs big masseters

0C210EEB 1380 4764 8588 D7BE501F4844

@Zyros I know you’ve had this done, what do you think?

TL;DR

IF YOU DON’T HAVE A WIDE + MASCULINE JAW, YOU NEED TO START CHEWING GUM AND HARD FOODS.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2157, CursedOne, Rumpelshitskin and 3 others
Wheres the pics G

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
Wheres the pics G
I could provide pics, but I’ve posted way too many pics of myself and people are probably getting sick of it.

• +1
I could provide pics, but I’ve posted way too many pics of myself and people are probably getting sick of it.
So u rather post a wall of text than before/after proof

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, CopingHard and Incoming
  • +1
@JamesHowlett

did you have surgeries done between the pic? Looks like rhino and a brow transplant?

• +1
I’ve gone from having big masseters, to getting botox masseter reduction, to regaining my masseters again through chewing.

At first I believed that big masseters were a negative thing, hence the botox. I have no regrets, as getting the botox has taught me how important big masseters/jaw width really is.

- From the front, my face started looking more feminine due to the narrower, softer lower third. My head and zygos started overpowering my jaw, giving me a gay alien skull look. Had to keep the sides of my hair extremely short otherwise my jaw would look even smaller.
- From the side was where I saw the biggest impact: My ramus got shorter and my gonial angle increased and also looked more rounder. Masseters give the gonial most of it’s shape and increases ramus length. Also in the long run, weaker masseters will lead to the bone around the gonial getting smaller due to less force being placed on it.

Small masseters on the left, big on the right, see the difference in gonial and ramus:

View attachment 356910

TL;DR

IF YOU DON’T HAVE A WIDE + MASCULINE JAW, YOU NEED TO START CHEWING GUM AND HARD FOODS.
Can we get a front view comparison of before and after masseter reduction botox?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Good_Little_Goy
@JamesHowlett

did you have surgeries done between the pic? Looks like rhino and a brow transplant?
Nothing, probably the angle/lighting.

• +1
can you give timeframes here?

and yeah we do need front view comparison here tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and PubertyMaxxer
Can you post same angle and lighting before afters?

Please dont be another chewingfag

Also @Nosecel look at this dude :feelskek:

giphy.gif

• +1
@joseph @Good_Little_Goy

Front view edited in OP.

Exact timeframes I don’t know, but this is how big my masseters were at Uni, the time when I chewed the most:

A1CC3274 9914 4D4F B1C3 C4FE7CDE11FD

Can you post same angle and lighting before afters?

Please dont be another chewingfag

Also @Nosecel look at this dude :feelskek:

giphy.gif
Do you deny the fact that you can enlarge a skeletal muscle by training it?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: IWantToMax, Deleted member 2621, Deleted member 6401 and 1 other person
@joseph @Good_Little_Goy

Front view edited in OP.

Exact timeframes I don’t know, but this is how big my masseters were at Uni, the time when I chewed the most:

View attachment 357121

Do you deny the fact that you can enlarge a skeletal muscle by training it?
Some people honestly dont belong on this forum lol @Nosecel

How come?
Hes the biggest chewing denier there is. He once made a thread called "show me evidence that chewing works", we bombarded him with shit and he still believes it does nothing

• +1
Reactions: FutureMogger and IWantToMax
i'm not deying the fact that masseter muscle can grow but chewing fans deny one fact.
how can big that muscle grow relies on your dna.
even muscles like pectoralis depends on the person to person.

op says he already got big masseters before, so by chewing he got that back after botox.
not everyone can get hypertrophy for their masseters by chewing.

Hes the biggest chewing denier there is. He once made a thread called "show me evidence that chewing works", we bombarded him with shit and he still believes it does nothing
100% agree, his level of denial is insane. Probably has a dog shit lower third so he’s coping.

Thats legit son
Training Masetters to make them bigger was the best risk:reward looksmaxx I've done so far.

• +1
Reactions: Vvvvxxxx and FutureMogger
i'm not deying the fact that masseter muscle can grow but chewing fans deny one fact.
how can big that muscle grow relies on your dna.
even muscles like pectoralis depends on the person to person.

op says he already got big masseters before, so by chewing he got that back after botox.
not everyone can get hypertrophy for their masseters by chewing.
I get you, as in people have genetic limit for skeletal muscle growth, which obviously includes the masseter.

However, everyone has the ability to grow their masseter to a certain extent. Everyone with small masseters or narrow lower third should at least try. Not doing so is like saying “you have small muscles so don’t go to the gym”.

• +1
Reactions: Vvvvxxxx, Deleted member 9890 and Good_Little_Goy

View attachment 356910

Front view comparing small vs big masseters

View attachment 357116

TL;DR

No.

It depends.

Once again, it comes down to harmony.

Larger, rounder masseters will look better on some, while destroying others.

No.

It depends.

Once again, it comes down to harmony.

Larger, rounder masseters will look better on some, while destroying others.
My point is that if your lower third is lacking/narrow you should chew to grow your masseters (see my tl;dr).

If your lower third is already wide due to fat and/or muscle, then obviously don’t do this. Common sense still needs to be applied as with anything.

My face looks exactly like yours did before chewing

i need better massater inserts