Important Growth Nutrient for Teencels!

GermanCel

GermanCel

Mewing Enjoyer
So basically the most common nutrient deficiency in the world is Iron. Unless you eat much red meat you're propably deficient in it too.
Now Iron actually plays a crucial role in growth. If you have poor Iron, all you heightmaxxes will literally be bottlenecked / hindered !

One study was very Interesting:
"

Soliman et al. measured growth and parameters in 40 children (aged 17.2 ± 12.4 months) with IDA before and for 6 months after iron therapy in comparison with normal controls. Before treatment children with IDA were significantly shorter and had slower growth compared with age-matched controls. After treatment, their growth velocity (GV), length standard deviation scores (SDS) and body mass index (BMI) increased significantly (significant catch-up of growth). Their GV was correlated significantly with mean Hb concentration :

Linear growth in children with iron deficiency anemia before and after treatment​

Abstract

We measured growth [length (L) standard deviation score (SDS), growth velocity (GV) SDS and body mass index (BMI)] and hematological (hemoglobin, hematocrit, MCV and MCH) parameters in 40 children (aged 17.2 +/- 12.4 months) with iron deficiency anemia (IDA) before and after iron therapy. Before treatment children with IDA had LSDS = -1.2 +/- 1, GV = 7.5 +/- 2.2, GVSDS = -1.42 +/- 0.6 and BMI = 13.5 +/- 1.2. They were significantly shorter and had reduced growth as compared with age-matched controls. After treatment, their growth parameters significantly increased with LSDS = -0.6 +/- -0.9, GV = 13.2 +/- 4.4 cm year(-1), GVSDS = 1.7 +/- 0.5 and BMI = 14.2 +/- 1.1. Their GV correlated significantly with serum ferritin concentration (r = 0.48, p < 0.001) and BMI (r = 0.32, p < 0.1). In summary, IDA during the first 2 years of life significantly impairs growth.

"

Effect of iron deficiency anemia and iron treatment on growth hormone-insulin-like growth factor-I axis​

Novel endocrine pathways have been proposed to explain the effect of IDA on growth. Anemia imposes a hypoxic condition on hepatocytes. Hepatic protein synthesis is inhibited by hypoxia. In vitro, low oxygen conditions inhibit insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) action by increasing IGF binding protein -1 (IGFBP-1), especially phosphorylated IGFBP-1, which inhibits IGF-I action. In addition, IGF-I-induced cell proliferation is also inhibited in low oxygen conditions.

Iron Supplementation in iron deficient children had significantly greater IGF1 levels.

TLDR:
Iron Deficient children (mean age 17.2 years) had about 6cm more growth per year, mainly due to more grehlin (and thus more appetit and HGH) and significantly higher free IGF1 Levels.

Sources:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19261662/

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 51465 and drag
Duh, you need to be eating every 5 hours to avoid red blood cells eating each other and thus lowering iron levels.

I was deficient as a child and grew to 6'2. Also shit like cereals is fortified with iron flakes (which is a bad) but should prevent deficiency

I was deficient as a child and grew to 6'2. Also shit like cereals is fortified with iron flakes (which is a bad) but should prevent deficiency
Eating iron =/= absorption of iron

Iron that isn't absorbed becomes a free radical wreaking havoc on a cellular level.

Lactoferrin, naturally found in raw milk and colostrum, also found in supplemental form, is what helps you absorb iron.

• +1
Reactions: zura, autistic_tendencies and NoReedemingFeature
Duh, you need to be eating every 5 hours to avoid red blood cells eating each other and thus lowering iron levels.
nutrition is full of contradictions lmao. I thought fasting increases igf1 and hgh? now you need to eat every 5 hours to have optimum amounts of iron that regulates igf-1? Dude just eat healthy we all know what healthy is if something makes you feel like shit dont eat it if sommething makes you feel good eat it theres no right diet just stay away from the obvious and dont stress too much

Eating iron =/= absorption of iron

Iron that isn't absorbed becomes a free radical wreaking havoc on a cellular level.

Lactoferrin, naturally found in raw milk and colostrum, also found in supplemental form, is what helps you absorb iron.
Oh yeah you're right. They probably use shitty unabsorbable forms

nutrition is full of contradictions lmao. I thought fasting increases igf1 and hgh? now you need to eat every 5 hours to have optimum amounts of iron that regulates igf-1? Dude just eat healthy we all know what healthy is if something makes you feel like shit dont eat it if sommething makes you feel good eat it theres no right diet just stay away from the obvious and dont stress too much
Fasting lowers IGF1 and increases HGH. IGF1 is the hormone responsible for height. The only job for HGH is to signal the liver to make IGF1. The reason HGH increases is because fasting is basically starvation. Your body is eating itself. So then your body needs a recovery hormone like HGH to maintain homeostasis and prevent death or fainting.

Notice how with any tramautic practice HGH also increases. Sauna usage increases HGH. High intensity exercise increases HGH. Except Sauna + HIIT also increase IGF1. Fasting is on its own. It shouldn't be done. People must know that fasting is starvation.

• +1
Reactions: Donkeyballs, zura, autistic_tendencies and 1 other person
Fasting lowers IGF1 and increases HGH. IGF1 is the hormone responsible for height. The only job for HGH is to signal the liver to make IGF1. The reason HGH increases is because fasting is basically starvation. Your body is eating itself. So then your body needs a recovery hormone like HGH to maintain homeostasis and prevent death or fainting.

Notice how with any tramautic practice HGH also increases. Sauna usage increases HGH. High intensity exercise increases HGH. Except Sauna + HIIT also increase IGF1. Fasting is on its own. It shouldn't be done. People must know that fasting is starvation.
Fasting is a big scam
Just starve yourself bro

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend