Increasing money's value as you print more of it.

reborn

reborn

Banned
Back in the day I used to troll people a lot on the internet. My favourite strategy was to say things that were:

a) Very counter intuitive

and

b) True nonetheless

and

c) I would not really explain it at first so that people will say you are wrong and look stupid later when they find you are right

So that if the trolled person researches the statement they will find you are right which will piss them off even further.

An example statement would be:

With the gold standard the value of money increases as you print more of it.

Clearly everyone would disagree and say you are a retard as we all know that the value of money actually decreases as you print more of it.

But with the Gold standard printing more money increases the demand for Gold which tends to increase the value of Gold which in turn increases the value of the currency that is bound to Gold. That is why the Gold standard was abolished back then. As governments printed more of it it's value increased and deflation was a massive issue. But people don't know this. So this is a great way of trolling people. Interestingly many people are too stupid to get it even once you explained it which makes it only more fun to troll them with it.

Just thought I'd share this with you so you can have more fun trolling idiots on the internet in the future.