increasing the palatal width of a person with down's syndrome by 1/2 inch

AutisticBeaner

AutisticBeaner

Nosebreather
Dr. Weston A. Price, the quintessential holistic dental physician, not only specialized in nutrition and the treatment of dental foci (such as failed root canals), but was a trailblazer in functional orthodontics as well. In another dramatic functional orthodontic case, Price widened the narrow upper arch of a Down’s Syndrome teen approximately 1/2 inch with a palatal expansion rod device located between his upper teeth. In so doing, the new maxillary bone filled in rapidly. This space was later maintained with a fixed bridge that had two additional teeth attached.22

Once again, the results from expansion of the palate were striking. This sixteen-year-old patient was previously measured with an I.Q. of that of a four-year-old, and he was so seriously physically and mentally impaired that he typically played all day with blocks on the floor. After six months of palate expansion however, he was able to go to the grocery story and bring back correct change to his mother, change trains and make transfers on streetcars accurately and safely, and read children’s stories and newspaper headlines. This teen’s physical appearance also dramatically transformed. He grew three inches in four months, developed whiskers, and his genitals developed from those of a child to a man. These hormonal maturation changes were the direct result of the stimulation of the pituitary gland through the expansion of the sella turcica—the saddle-shaped depression in the sphenoid cranial bone that houses the pituitary. In Down’s syndrome, the failure of the development of the middle third of the face and the pituitary has been well documented. Finally, this teen’s severe sleep apnea was relieved when the expansion device opened up his completely occluded left nostril so he could breathe properly.24

impressive, isn't it?

i already posted this at the end of my recent thread but felt like it didn't get enough attention

also, if you read that post you might've still missed this additional part that i posted later:

In this same study, the remedial group of students all exhibited (100 percent) psychological problems, with a significant percentage (31.9 percent) having serious issues. Whereas the advanced students, with mostly minor to no malocclusions, had no (0 percent) serious psychological problems, and the majority (74 percent) of these high-performing students demonstrated no mental or emotional issues at all.15

Finally, knowing that one’s hearing capacity is closely correlated to intelligence as well as closely associated with the proper functioning of the neighboring jaw joint (TMJ), Fonder additionally measured the audiometric, or hearing acuity, of these two groups. The results were again striking: Eighty-three percent of the remedial group of schoolchildren with serious psychological problems had a 15-40 percent loss of their overall hearing acuity. Once again, in contrast, 100 percent of the advanced students with ideal occlusions had above average hearing acuity.16

this is the article where this all comes from if you wanna read it:

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Chintuck22, Deleted member 1973 and 1 other person
Does expanding the palate widen your ipd?

This sixteen-year-old patient was previously measured with an I.Q. of that of a four-year-old, and he was so seriously physically and mentally impaired that he typically played all day with blocks on the floor. After six months of palate expansion however, he was able to go to the grocery story and bring back correct change to his mother, change trains and make transfers on streetcars accurately and safely, and read children’s stories and newspaper headlines.
just read these two sentences. these are only the mental chages though, there were also some drastic physical changes

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 1973, Danish_Retard, Deleted member 7173 and 1 other person
this is all that's on the site, i also couldn't find it in a bigger size
Fall09 downssyndromeboy 300x292

although it's not made perfectly clear, i'm pretty sure the three in the top are the befores and the others are the afters

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973, Danish_Retard, Deleted member 4804 and 1 other person
downies look so funny

• JFL
Reactions: Danish_Retard and JustBeCurry
this is all that's on the site, i also couldn't find it in a bigger size
View attachment 772212
although it's not made perfectly clear, i'm pretty sure the three in the top are the befores and the others are the afters
Looks better for sure with a slightly wider palate
MMs literally make a huge difference

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973 and AutisticBeaner
just read these two sentences. these are only the mnetal chages though, there were also some drastic physical changes
So having a small palate literally impedes your mental compacity?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973 and Danish_Retard
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973, Danish_Retard, Deleted member 3020 and 1 other person
nice cope

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 7173
So having a small palate literally impedes your mental compacity?
yes, you're not supplying your brain with as much oxygen as you could

nice cope
i'd say when it comes to legitimately significantly increasing your intelligence it stops being a cope. this is on par with improving your looks, at least for me.

i'd say when it comes to legitimately significantly increasing your intelligence it stops being a cope. this is on par with improving your looks, at least for me.
palate copes me

• Hmm...
Reactions: AutisticBeaner
  • +1
wide palate is a godsend i have a retard accent because my narrow palate

• +1
But it’s a condition created before the baby is born
even if that's 100% true then it could still be of environmental causes (i.e mother had an unhealthy diet around the time of conception)

Ideal height, width and length of maxilla and mandible is one of the most important aspects there is. It's 80% of your well-being, looks and personality but only the most based people will understand.

And you only realize it if you are fucked yourself and see & feel the drastic changes from just altering mm's of bone yourself

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and AutisticBeaner