Insertion muscles

N

Norwooder

Master
I have reason to believe I might have good masseter insertion muscles...
Can anyone tell me the position of an 'ideal' insertion for a masseter and how to calculate where your own sits?

are the ideal massesters where they are as down and close to the part of thee jaw where the angle is, like the corner of the mandible is or whatever like brad pitt

just chew bubble gum bro

I have reason to believe I might have good masseter insertion muscles...
Can anyone tell me the position of an 'ideal' insertion for a masseter and how to calculate where your own sits?
Muscles of mastication ppt 15 638
Images

The superficial layer of the masseter insertion should be the thickest and should be located at the very end of the ramus indicating a low set masseter insertion (which is good).
A high set masseter Insertion will make your face look rounded, feminine, and bloated.

You should also have a good amount of type 2 muscle fibers so that your masseters can develop and increase in size (hypertrophy).

Lots of type 1 muscle fibers will make it hard for the masseters to hypertrophy from chewing (resistance training).

High set masseter insertion + type 1 muscle fibers = worst combo

Low set masseter insertion + mostly type 2 muscle fibers = Ideal

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: baku9, Lmao, TheChosenChad and 7 others
You can't be a doctor really are you?

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 5522, Deleted member 4053 and inceletto
View attachment 450719View attachment 450725

The superficial layer of the masseter insertion should be the thickest and should be located at the very end of the ramus indicating a low set masseter insertion (which is good).
A high set masseter Insertion will make your face look rounded, feminine, and bloated.

You should also have a good amount of type 2 muscle fibers so that your masseters can develop and increase in size (hypertrophy).

Lots of type 1 muscle fibers will make it hard for the masseters to hypertrophy from chewing (resistance training).

In order to achieve low set masseter insertion + mostly type 2 muscle fibers do we chew hard gum for short periods or long periods or chew regular gum for long periods?? What about chewing Chissell training pieces? Can you please explain what to chew and how long

Can there be difference in my left masseter and right masseter ?

In order to achieve low set masseter insertion + mostly type 2 muscle fibers do we chew hard gum for short periods or long periods or chew regular gum for long periods?? What about chewing Chissell training pieces? Can you please explain what to chew and how long
Not much you can do to change muscle fibers type. It's genetic.

As for chewing, chew hard gum evenly on both sides for 2 hours a day to start off. 1 hour in the morning. 1 hour in the evening.
You can also practice clenching the gum by holding the bite for extended periods of time on each side turn by turn (same time on each side).

Nah don't go for chisell, stick to hard foods and gum.
Beef, steak, carrots, mastic/falim gum, etc
Can there be difference in my left masseter and right masseter ?
Yes

• +1
Reactions: hopelessphoenix
Not much you can do to change muscle fibers type. It's genetic.

As for chewing, chew hard gum evenly on both sides for 2 hours a day to start off. 1 hour in the morning. 1 hour in the evening.
You can also practice clenching the gum by holding the bite for extended periods of time on each side turn by turn (same time on each side).

Nah don't go for chisell, stick to hard foods and gum.
Beef, steak, carrots, mastic/falim gum, etc

Yes
Fuck i knew it. My left is located in down more than my right. Can ı solve this shit?

Fuck i knew it. My left is located in down more than my right. Can ı solve this shit?
You can't change the origin or insertion of the muscle

I Think I have low set type 1 masseters. Would exogenous androgens or increase in T rapidly increase hypertrophy or is the effect negligible. Furthermore is the limit for the masseter hypertrophy (maximum size) different for type 1 and type 2 and if so is it significant.

I Think I have low set type 1 masseters. Would exogenous androgens or increase in T rapidly increase hypertrophy
Yes it would make a difference.
Furthermore is the limit for the masseter hypertrophy (maximum size) different for type 1 and type 2 and if so is it significant.
Yes, the difference is significant. If you have type 1 it will be hard for your muscles to hypertrophy with resistance training. Being type 2 dominant is ideal.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6273
You can't change the origin or insertion of the muscle
I think it would be possible to change the point of insertion of the masseter muscles:

Anyway, I don't think there is such thing as "high masseter insertions", i have not seen evidence of the supposed variability of the masseter muscle insertion points.

There are just people with short rami and high gonial angles.

• +1
Reactions: Lmao
So you say assymetry is in your genes?
Genes or in the way your mandible developed.
I think it would be possible to change the point of insertion of the masseter muscles:

Anyway, I don't think there is such thing as "high masseter insertions", i have not seen evidence of the supposed variability of the masseter muscle insertion points.

There are just people with short rami and high gonial angles.
Yes but that is after surgery on the mandible so that the masseter can suit the new mandible angle right?
I don't know of any doctor that will augment the masseter in and of itself in anyway other than using Botox for jaw reduction. Im pretty sure but I could be wrong.

Yes it is mostly differences in ramus size and gonial angle but masseter insertions or more so the part at which it is the thickest does vary.

For example the the middle layer of my masseter muscle on my left side is the thickest and most developed as well as the most responsive. On the other hand for my right side the superficial layer of my masseter muscle is the thickest and most developed.

As a result when I clench for pictures my right side looks flanged and angular while my left side looks soft and bloated due to the thickest most developed part being in the middle of my Ramus making it look like I have a cheek swelling instead of an angular clenched jaw.
I also have a normal bite, wide palate and no noticible jaw asymmetries.

Yes but that is after surgery on the mandible so that the masseter can suit the new mandible angle right?
No.

Disruption of the pterygomasseteric sling when placing a mandibular angle implant can cause the masseter muscle to retract superiorly, resulting in a loss of soft tissue volume over the mandibular angle and a skeletonized appearance.

If the pterygomasseteric sling is not disrupted when placing the implant, reattaching the masseter wouldn't be necessary.

When I clench my teeth to flex my masseters, the thickest and most responsive is in the middle. Does that mean I've high set insertions?

P.S. never seen a real masseter hypertrophy case where the face becomes rounded which is a result of high set insertions. (Also to add I've long and inward slanting ramus and narrow gonion widht could my insertions observation be manipulated by these two factors?)
Also What is a good way to determine insertions apart from clenching, TIA.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Lmao and Deleted member 1680

if you have low ramus but high masseter you can technically change this by getting botox to the upper parts of the massater so that you use more the lower part. or even using eletrical muscle stimulation on the very lower part of the masseters

• +1
Reactions: Lmao and Kingkellz
When I clench my teeth to flex my masseters, the thickest and most responsive is in the middle. Does that mean I've high set insertions?

P.S. never seen a real masseter hypertrophy case where the face becomes rounded which is a result of high set insertions. (Also to add I've long and inward slanting ramus and narrow gonion widht could my insertions observation be manipulated by these two factors?)
Also What is a good way to determine insertions apart from clenching, TIA.
im not an expert on this but I think masseter insertion is very similar for everyone. what changes is what part of it is recruited more during contraction. this can be due to more muscle fibers in the middle head or upper head I guess. or even what teeth is used during chewing or the amount of rotation of the occlusal plane. but Im pretty sure this can be manipulated

• +1
Reactions: Celexawer

Can u take a look on my masseter insertions?Altough I think I might have type 1 fibers.(I posted a photo)

if you have low ramus but high masseter you can technically change this by getting botox to the upper parts of the massater so that you use more the lower part. or even using eletrical muscle stimulation on the very lower part of the masseters
is this legit? if true I’m planning on getting botox to my upper masseters