Interesting discovery from looking and surgery before and afters

6ft4

Kraken
I have an underbite
I have been looking at before and afters of patients with underbites who had lefort
A lot of patients may change from a 3.5 to a 4 so it gives the impression that there was barely any improvement because they are not attractive looking in either pic
I have photopshopped my own profile countless times to simulate a lefort
I just have a very basic method of copying and pasting a square around my upper lip/philtrum/nose tip and dragging it forward then erasing excess parts so it blends in.
Going from my maxilla being 5mm too recessed to being in a normal position is an extreme difference (in my eyes)

I began photoshopping the before pics of underbite patients using this same method and although it was a minor improvement, none of them improved to the extent that they improved in the real after picture, even though I had considered the real after pics to be mediocre results
So this leads me to believe that the quality of real results can't be simulated with my photoshop method
Therefore I should ascend harder from the surgery than my photoshops predict?

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18879 and Deleted member 8608
in pics it might not be such differenc but its life changing in motion and when u talk

• +1
Reactions: 6ft4 and Deleted member 18879
anyone else with underbite got a huge ass philtrum? do you think having a lf1 would make it shorter or look more natural? mine goes INWARDS into my face.

anyone else with underbite got a huge ass philtrum? do you think having a lf1 would make it shorter or look more natural? mine goes INWARDS into my face.
From what I've seen philtrum will either stay the same or increase, in my case I dont want an increase

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 18879
Also with the underbite you have lack of soft tissue support in midface so it's not just now but 10 plus years from now you will age way worse.