Investing all your money into the S&P500?

R

Raxflex

Iron
Is this a good strategy?

In theory you should never lose all your money. In theory you should make 10% per year on average.

Seems legit. What do you think?

I have heard almost nobody can outperform the market year after year. So better play it safe?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15854
i think itll be green a few yrs from now, i might invest too tbh

Is this a good strategy?

In theory you should never lose all your money. In theory you should make 10% per year on average.

I have heard almost nobody can outperform the market year after year. So better play it safe?
Yeah investing in index funds is unironically the best way to invest. I've seen finance profs have mental breakdowns in person over the realisation that "becoming an expert stock picker" is a pipe dream and the fact no one has alpha or reliable long term predictive/forecasting powers relative to the large market indexes, especially over the long run.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Moggie, mug and incel194012940
I think it's a very good strategy but most people are too risk-averse cucks to do it and honestly I don't blame them

• +1
Reactions: justbegan
over the realisation that "becoming an expert stock picker" is a pipe dream and the fact no one has alpha or reliable long term predictive/forecasting powers relative to the large market indexes, especially over the long run.
Why is it so hard for people to understand this 😂😂😂

It’s all crystal ball type shit ppl think they found the way to turn lead into gold

The way to become a stock expert is to shoot the shit in 20 board of director meetings a year.

• +1
Reactions: racoon4 and Seth Walsh
Why is it so hard for people to understand this 😂😂😂

It’s all crystal ball type shit ppl think they found the way to turn lead into gold

The way to become a stock expert is to shoot the shit in 20 board of director meetings a year.
Yeah investing in index funds is unironically the best way to invest. I've seen finance profs have mental breakdowns in person over the realisation that "becoming an expert stock picker" is a pipe dream and the fact no one has alpha or reliable long term predictive/forecasting powers relative to the large market indexes, especially over the long run.
MW-HJ890_buffet_20190520110301_NS.jpg

Hedge funds outperform all the time and outperforming is misunderstood. If a fund aims for lower risk and they get outperformed in an up market, did they get outperformed? % increase is placebo

10%/yr is results based analysis, it will never happen. Just hold cash/GICs and use it to start a business or something.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh
U can beat the s&p, but generally only with strategies like buffet, bill Aikman, and other guys like that.

Hedge funds are not actily designed to beat the s&p, they are designed to generate short term gains, and hedge against what comes next.

Best, most secure strategy, if u r thinking 20 years plus, is s&p another couple of indexes, forget picking stocks, just use your skill to increase or decrease your investments based on what's happening at the time

Probably is but as a poorcel i will just go all in crypto with any spare money every month... This is my only chance to make it because iam midwit doing deadend job in EE... But if you have some money sure s&p 500 is a good bet honestly

Is this a good strategy?

take a look at what the 10% actually is

from 2000 to 2020

for example it can be

+25% year 1
-10% year 2
-15% year 3
+3% year 4
+25% year 5

take a look at what the 10% actually is

from 2000 to 2020

for example it can be

+25% year 1
-10% year 2
-15% year 3
+3% year 4
+25% year 5
Yes I know. Thats why it is a long term strategy. At least it always bounces up and goes higher than last time. So unlinke some crypto coins you will never lose all your money.

How much do i throw on it ?

I hate professors

Is this a good strategy?

just invest goerge soros medallion fund theory

just randomly pick popular stocks, monkeys fish etc beat the market doing that. main thing in stock market is nit having emotions