Investing in dating app stocks.

MoggerGaston

MoggerGaston

Nobody is safe from me.
Both Matchgroup (tinder+hinge) and bumble stock is at an all time low.

Seems like the hype around dating apps and the monetization of dating has died down.
Could very well be due to the massive problem of inceldom and men simply checking out of dating all together (like I have) instead of paying to get more than 1 match per week as a subChad.

But I see it as a possible investment opportunity for a rebound in dating apps.

Bumble1

Tinder11

I believe dating will be monetized more efficiently in the future, just not sure if matchgroup or bumble are going to be the ones to innovate and make it happen. Could very well be a new player in the market instead, making an investment into match/bumble a futile decision.

For now I am just keeping an eye on developments and trying to get a better understanding of the technology in the meantime.

Anyone with thoughts or ideas about it?
Could AI provide -paid- users with a better dating-app experience in the future, leading to increased revenue?

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, Xangsane, murdah and 1 other person
Both Matchgroup (tinder+hinge) and bumble stock is at an all time low.

Seems like the hype around dating apps and the monetization of dating has died down.
Could very well be due to the massive problem of inceldom and men simply checking out of dating all together (like I have) instead of paying to get more than 1 match per week as a subChad.

But I see it as a possible investment opportunity for a rebound in dating apps.

View attachment 2999061

View attachment 2999062

I believe dating will be monetized more efficiently in the future, just not quite sure if matchgroup or bumble are going to be the ones to innovate and make it happen. Could very well be a new player in the market instead, making an investment into match/bumble a futile decision.

For now I am just keeping an eye on developments and trying to get a better understanding of the technology in the meantime.

Anyone with thoughts or ideas about it?
Could AI provide -paid- users with a better dating-app experience in the future, leading to increased revenue?
Honestly shorting it might mog

I have personally had far better experiences with Bumble than with Tinder/Hinge, with higher quality girls and interactions on Bumble.

My own OLD experiment from last week confirms this: Best experience on Bumble.
Yet I have never spent money on any dating app in my life, so me having a good experience doesn't mean I am a good customer for the company.

Male loneliness is getting worse and the male:female ratio is probably getting even more skewed but tbh they could take advantage of this somehow and monetize it smartly. Some sort of system where you can pay to get pushed to the front im not sure if it exists already tho. But im pretty sure I’ve heard of this new update on tinder coming where you can pay $500/m and be able to message girls without ever matching with them

• +1
Reactions: MoggerGaston
You're the one who's really good with stocks, not me. Majority of couples are meeting online and I do expect it to stay that way. Technology isn't going away. LTRs are better formed offline though.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: MoggerGaston and poopoohead
Male loneliness is getting worse and the male:female ratio is probably getting even more skewed but tbh they could take advantage of this somehow and monetize it smartly. Some sort of system where you can pay to get pushed to the front im not sure if it exists already tho. But im pretty sure I’ve heard of this new update on tinder coming where you can pay $500/m and be able to message girls without ever matching with them
so then why you say short if they can get more male users to pay? stock will go up

im more so thinking about how AI can aid in dating apps to connect people for a certain price.

You're the one who's really good with stocks, not me. Majority of couples are meeting online and I do expect it to stay that way. Technology isn't going away. LTRs are better formed offline though.
I'll open a small position in bumble as a way to keep checking on it.

If I can't use online dating apps to get girls myself due to sub-humanity, I will profit from others using the apps instead.
78856b0dd4e1aed99cde766086390cf7_w200.gif

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead and thereallegend
so then why you say short if they can get more male users to pay? stock will go up

im more so thinking about how AI can aid in dating apps to connect people for a certain price.
Not sure if they will do that in a smart way and if there will be enough market for people to buy it. Interesting take on ai, I wonder how they will program it tho for it to be useful. They are definitely working on something as they see guys with 10000 right swipes and 20 matches firsthand. But the reason I said short tho is cause is there really anything they can do to change women’s opinions?

• +1
Not sure if they will do that in a smart way and if there will be enough market for people to buy it. Interesting take on ai, I wonder how they will program it tho for it to be useful. They are definitely working on something as they see guys with 10000 right swipes and 20 matches firsthand. But the reason I said short tho is cause is there really anything they can do to change women’s opinions?
It's not necessarily a bad thing for dating app companies that most men are completely hopeless.
It's more so about whether this male despair will cause men to spend more on dating on average, or less?!

I am thinking that men like me, who simply check-out and stop dating whatsoever when it sucks, are a minority.
Most men are the white-knight cuck type and will start spending more and more for a whiff of pussy.

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead
It's not necessarily a bad thing for dating app companies that most men are completely hopeless.
It's more so about whether this male despair will cause men to spend more on dating on average, or less?!

I am thinking that men like me, who simply check-out and stop dating whatsoever when it sucks, are a minority.
Most men are the white-knight cuck type and will start spending more and more for a whiff of pussy.
Great point yeah. We’re a part of this sort of this group of people who realize it will be cope, but many Normies irl still have this optimistic mindset about girls and would be likely to cope with some way to buy something like you said

• +1