Investing with leverage.

MoggerGaston

MoggerGaston

Slavic Monstrosity
Currently invested on a 3.2x leverage (max my broker allows) with a 4.5% margin loan, in a couple of individual companies, focussed on value companies instead of growth-based companies.

Currently this means for me that I have 50k 'net wealth', but ~150k in investments. On that 100k loan I pay 4.5% interest.
Anyone doing something similar as me and if not, what better strategy are you using?

I've looked into investing into long calls instead of investing on margin, but I from what I've gathered, margin loans for leverage seem like a better option.

Thoughts?

• +1
Reactions: PsychoH, poopoohead and murdah
The perfect butt

• Hmm...
Reactions: MoggerGaston
Currently invested on a 3.2x leverage (max my broker allows) with a 4.5% margin loan, in a couple of individual companies, focussed on value companies instead of growth-based companies.

Currently this means for me that I have 50k 'net wealth', but ~150k in investments. On that 100k loan I pay 4.5% interest.
Anyone doing something similar as me and if not, what better strategy are you using?

I've looked into investing into long calls instead of investing on margin, but I from what I've gathered, margin loans for leverage seem like a better option.

Thoughts?
You’re fucked son. What are you investing in?

You’re fucked son. What are you investing in?
how am I fucked? I am doing incredibly well this bull-run. Made 20k in the last 3 months.

im
1/3 tobacco (bti)
1/3 chip-making (tsmc)
1/3 google

chip-making and google has given me massive gains. tobacco has been stable

• +1
Reactions: noodlelover, poopoohead and murdah
Muh i'm a broke uni student. Fucking gaslighter

• Ugh..
  • JFL
Reactions: poopoohead and MoggerGaston
Mirin send me some cash playa. You might be over leveraged. Bear in mind we could be going to war at any moment so just make sure you have a good exit plan.
hard to be over-leveraged in your younger years because you need to time divest.

Muh i'm a broke uni student. Fucking gaslighter
I have 110k of student loan debt. My real net wealth is MINUS 60k. You're probably richer than me cuz of less net debt.

anyways this isnt offtopic. I am looking for financial ideas from fellow investors who know what they are talking about.

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead
I have 110k of student loan debt. My real net wealth is MINUS 60k. You're probably richer than me cuz of less net debt.

anyways this isnt offtopic. I am looking for financial ideas from fellow investors who know what they are talking about.
Mmmh no you posted this in offtopic and what you're doing Is no different than High risk - High reward gambling, even though this Is mitigated by investing in solid companies. Seems Crazy that they gave you that huge loan with no collaterals or job contract though

• +1
100x leverage or death. Go big or go home.

• JFL
  • WTF
Mmmh no you posted this in offtopic and what you're doing Is no different than High risk - High reward gambling, even though this Is mitigated by investing in solid companies. Seems Crazy that they gave you that huge loan with no collaterals or job contract though
oh youre right, posted this in the wrong section.
@Michael Myers could you move this to moneymaking subforum please? :oops::oops::oops:

>High risk - High reward gambling

Mildly true. Top-tier investors advice young people to invest on 2.0x leverage because you need to time-divest (you have little money when you are young, a lot of money when you are older, so you need to leverage in your younger years to time-divest)

3.2x of course is an extreme of that, but I am fine with blowing up my portfolio I don't need the money as a single truecel male living in a student dorm. If my investments go to zero, I will just start over again. its just numbers on an internet page.

>Seems Crazy that they gave you that huge loan with no collaterals or job contract though

DeGiro is an EU investment firm. You as an Italian could start an account there today and also get 3.2x leverage on your money without even having a job.
You and I are no different here.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Michael Myers
100x leverage or death. Go big or go home.
I lost 300k euro on weekly OTM calls FD's. I am familiar with 100x leverage :lul::lul::lul:

Tbh I may do it again in the future, but it would have to be some insane idea I really believed in like I did 3 years ago. Unlikely to happen in the near future.

I find 3x leverage to be more than enough risk for my 28yo oldcel ass for now.

• JFL
Reactions: SecularIslamist
@the BULL

@Michael Myers could you move this to moneymaking subforum please? :oops::oops::oops:

Mildly true. Top-tier investors advice young people to invest on 2.0x leverage because you need to time-divest (you have little money when you are young, a lot of money when you are older, so you need to leverage in your younger years to time-divest)

3.2x of course is an extreme of that, but I am fine with blowing up my portfolio I don't need the money as a single truecel male living in a student dorm. If my investments go to zero, I will just start over again.

>Seems Crazy that they gave you that huge loan with no collaterals or job contract though

DeGiro is an EU investment firm. You as an Italian could start an account there today and also get 3.2x leverage on your money without even having a job.
Yes It makes sense, still High risk High reward, not a conservative strategy.
How Will you restart again if you go into huge debt?
Also the platform allows you to invest on leverage, but i was talking about the fact that the bank granted you a loan this big.

Yes It makes sense, still High risk High reward, not a conservative strategy.
How Will you restart again if you go into huge debt?
only debt I have is student loans from the state. When you don't earn a lot of money here, you don't have to repay it.
I don't have private debt.

Also the platform allows you to invest on leverage, but i was talking about the fact that the bank granted you a loan this big.
I don't have any bank-loans other than my creditcard. Just student-loans from the state. And this leverage margin-loan from degiro.

only debt I have is student loans from the state. When you don't earn a lot of money here, you don't have to repay it.
I don't have private debt.

I don't have any bank-loans other than my creditcard. Just student-loans from the state. And this leverage margin-loan from degiro.
It says that degiro only grants margin loans up to 70% of the value of the stocks you already have? So you have more than 140k in stocks, yet you consider yourself a "broke college student"?? Nice fucking gaslighting man. I thought you were Better than this. Turns out you're the worst

3.2x of course is an extreme of that, but I am fine with blowing up my portfolio I don't need the money as a single truecel male living in a student dorm. If my investments go to zero, I will just start over again. its just numbers on an internet page.

Done.

how am I fucked? I am doing incredibly well this bull-run. Made 20k in the last 3 months.

im
1/3 tobacco (bti)
1/3 chip-making (tsmc)
1/3 google

chip-making and google has given me massive gains. tobacco has been stable
if you wanna become a billionaire, invest into uranium.

if you wanna become a billionaire, invest into uranium.
billionaire

Eddie Murphy Yes GIF

Or go 1:500 gold usd

• +1
this forum is more about going 1:500 in some shitcoin :(
These people just want easy money where they dont have to do shit and live in there fantasy

• +1
These people just want easy money where they dont have to do shit and live in there fantasy
kinda based

people all the time are asking me what kind of job I want to end up working. When I all am thinking: I don't want a job, I just want money.

• +1
Reactions: user123456
tobacco stock investments were my worst mistake. Literally flatlined for past year now while everything else shoots up. huge opportunity cost

Need other companies to replace it with. Already replaced some of it with amazon.

has to be non-semiconductor/technology sector for portfolio diversification since im already way too weighted towards those 2 sectors.

Thoughts?
gamble more

• +1
Reactions: not__cel and MoggerGaston
gamble more
lost 200 euro in last 3 days, and lost 600 euro last week.

having some really bad luck ngl. This week is also complete garbage. july is shit luck en kankerweer

• JFL
Reactions: PsychoH
lost 200 euro in last 3 days, and lost 600 euro last week.

having some really bad luck ngl. This week is also complete garbage. july is shit luck en kankerweer
maar,heb je iets gewonnen of niet?

• +1
Reactions: not__cel
maar,heb je iets gewonnen of niet?
nee alleen verlies, vorige maand wel veel geluk gehad

dikke poep.

investeringen gaan wel goed tho

• So Sad
Reactions: PsychoH
reminder everything is falling into place for crypto bull run late this year exactly as expected
I will bump this to gloat when it happens

• Woah
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer and MoggerGaston
i picked up some shares of Shopify at 59.49, been treating me well

• +1
reminder everything is falling into place for crypto bull run late this year exactly as expected
I will bump this to gloat when it happens
i wanted to buy some monero as an investment but missed out unfortunately. went up 50% in like 1 month JFL.

is what it is.

ive got 200k in stocks now. Going to start slowly deleveraging from now so I don't get wiped in next bear-market.

• +1
Reactions: apocalypse
i wanted to buy some monero as an investment but missed out unfortunately. went up 50% in like 1 month JFL.
It's worth noting that Monero has been getting cucked by BTC for the last few years like 99.9% altcoins so if you are going to have regrets you should be regretting not holding BTC. Monero is a relic of old cycles for what it's worth, not really worth buying any more (unless it's to buy drugs with it jfl).

It's worth noting that Monero has been getting cucked by BTC for the last few years like 99.9% altcoins so if you are going to have regrets you should be regretting not holding BTC. Monero is a relic of old cycles for what it's worth, not really worth buying any more (unless it's to buy drugs with it jfl).
View attachment 2986394
Monero actually has some use though. People use it to pay for shit and yeah i buy drugs with it but never hold it long-term.
I don't think most cryptocoins are used for payments at all?

but yeah idk about investing in crypto. I am all-in on this AI bullrun atm.

• +1
Reactions: apocalypse
Monero actually has some use though. People use it to pay for shit and yeah i buy drugs with it but never hold it long-term.
I don't think most cryptocoins are used for payments at all?

but yeah idk about investing in crypto. I am all-in on this AI bullrun atm.
BTC has the best use case as by far the most decentralised and secure store of value
Privacy coins have a decent use case but you need institutions and normies to pump coins, few druggys using it here and there won't make a coin go parabolic

• +1