Investment Banking

A

and 79 others

Known Member 😉
How many Investment Bankers do exist in the US and the EU respectively ?

Are there more attorneys or investmentbankers?

Clueless

• +1
Reactions: and 79 others
@Collagen or rope do you know?

way more attorneys than investmentbankers

• +1
Reactions: and 79 others and Bitch
  • JFL
Reactions: Stevensmithgerard
But way more finance students than law students
not really and good luck getting into investment banking "just" with a finance degree. most end up in consulting/insurance/asset management etc.

investment banking is reserved for the elite because jobs are so scarce there

• +1
Reactions: Stevensmithgerard, Deleted member 1862, Deleted member 9787 and 3 others
not really and good luck getting into investment banking "just" with a finance degree. most end up in consulting/insurance/asset management etc.

investment banking is reserved for the elite because jobs are so scarce there
I have a friend that studied mathematics with top tier grades, and a master in Quant finance. He got contacted by a headhunter and instantly got a job at jp Morgan, but he quit after a few weeks, because he was mentally not strong enough for the workload. Now he works at a Quant hedge fund, and earns between 15 and 20k.

• +1
Reactions: Mouthbreath, Wallenberg and Deleted member 9787
I have a friend that studied mathematics with top tier grades, and a master in Quant finance. He got contacted by a headhunter and instantly got a job at jp Morgan, but he quit after a few weeks, because he was mentally not strong enough for the workload. Now he works at a Quant hedge fund, and earns between 15 and 20k.
15-20k at a quant fund ? that's not believable quants earn around 100k discounting bonuses

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862, and 79 others and bysontallou
15-20k at a quant fund ? that's not believable quants earn around 100k discounting bonuses
You ever thought he might have been talking about per month not per year? Idk man just a thought

• +1
Reactions: sytyl and and 79 others
Google. Most IB jobs are shit anyway

• +1

Finally found a good answer, if there 2218 job openings per year, how many IB are there in total in the UK?

Wouldn't say more than 150-200 of actual entry-level IBD spots / year (not including shitty noname boutiques or wannabe big4 'bankers'). This also includes DCM ECM and LevFin, which are shit (money-wise, lower bonuses). Now add diversity and you have 30 spots for white males at decent places at sweet coverage (tmt, hc, sponsors) and product (m&a).

• +1
Wouldn't say more than 150-200 of actual entry-level IBD spots / year (not including shitty noname boutiques or wannabe big4 'bankers'). This also includes DCM ECM and LevFin, which are shit (money-wise, lower bonuses). Now add diversity and you have 30 spots for white males at decent places at sweet coverage (tmt, hc, sponsors) and product (m&a).
Do you have experience in industry?

• +1
Fuck bankers, buy bitcoin.

Continental Europe, M&A at a big name bank
Ok lol Idk why you even are on this forum tbh

Surely you cannot be too ugly and/or short if you are in the banking industry at your level to begin with.

• +1
Ok lol Idk why you even are on this forum tbh

Surely you cannot be too ugly and/or short if you are in the banking industry at your level to begin with.

I'm hard looksmaxing, moneymaxing and gymmaxing so joined the community. Didn't know it was only for ugly and poor people?

I'd consider myself super attractive (a few people said I looked the same as one of the guys considered a 9 or 10 here, not chad but pretty boy) but probably my ego is huge enough for me to think like that. If you asked me I'm a 9 but I've had a thing or two done here and there.

• +1
Reactions: and 79 others and Soalian
I'm hard looksmaxing, moneymaxing and gymmaxing so joined the community. Didn't know it was only for ugly and poor people?

I'd consider myself super attractive (a few people said I looked the same as one of the guys considered a 9 or 10 here, not chad but pretty boy) but probably my ego is huge enough for me to think like that. If you asked me I'm a 9 but I've had a thing or two done here and there.
Only way to know, post your pics on here and get roasted

• +1
Reactions: IBD_M&A and and 79 others
master in quant finance at uni zürich? I considered doing that ngl

Wow that's ridiculous, how can a whole profession with only 150 spots yearly be hyped by tens of thousands people

That's insane ngl

Are you reffering to your country or the UK when talking about 150-200 spots yearly?

Are you reffering to your country or the UK when talking about 150-200 spots yearly?
The UK, but we're talking the entry-level spots only. This is ballpark.

You may have other spots at shit places, such as big4, jamieson, investec that people who work there like to call themselves 'bankers' but in fact these places are just corporate finance shops lagging pay-wise like 30-60% vs BB/EB. No one calls them I-bankers except from themselves.

Take that all with a grain of salt, I may not be 100% correct with numbers.

• +1
The UK, but we're talking the entry-level spots only. This is ballpark.

You may have other spots at shit places, such as big4, jamieson, investec that people who work there like to call themselves 'bankers' but in fact these places are just corporate finance shops lagging pay-wise like 30-60% vs BB/EB. No one calls them I-bankers except from themselves.

Take that all with a grain of salt, I may not be 100% correct with numbers.
Jfl 150 spots / year is less than ultra-specialized maxillofacial surgeons spots / year