Top target uni vs degree apprenticeships?

MaestheticMaso

MaestheticMaso

Kraken
Is it better to do a degree apprenticeship, where they pay your degree in a lower ranked uni and you work at the same time, or go to a target uni to study maths& econ?

I have quite a few offers for degree apprenticeship in Finance ( Not high finance, just accounting), Economics, quantity surveying and corporate banking. None of them are in investment banking which is the career I wanted to pursue.

Going to a target university might be worth it to get into the most elite careers, but even then it’s not a guarantee, plus 3 years without really making any money.

What’s the best option ?

• JFL
Reactions: IndraBC
In today's age apprenticeships are mostly non-paid. STEMcuck degrees have become the new business ones. My apprenticeship will not pay me a single penny for wageslaving there.

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
  • Woah
Reactions: HTN_Mentalcel, IndraBC, nathan and 1 other person
As a guy working for 10 dollars an hour at a gas station, I say go with the money

• WTF
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: HTN_Mentalcel, IndraBC and MaestheticMaso
In today's age apprenticeship are mostly non-paid. STEMcuck degrees have become the new business ones. My apprenticeship will not pay me a single penny for wageslaving there.
Here in the UK, they pay you to work there and also pay for your degree. Plus you get the qualifications you need, e,g ACA chartered accounting ect.

• +1
Reactions: HTN_Mentalcel and St.TikTokcel
Here in the UK, they pay you to work there and also pay for your degree. Plus you get the qualifications you need, e,g ACA chartered accounting ect.
First world I guess.

• Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: HTN_Mentalcel and MaestheticMaso
Wait are u in hs or undergrad?

I finished A-levels. I’m on a gap year
I think imma do gap year. There is no fucking way im going to uni/ apprenteship without clear skin,(after i finish with taz/tret), what did you do in gap year?

• Woah
Reactions: MaestheticMaso
I keep thinking that you're in jewniversity like me. I'll be in my final year soon.
Ok youngcel. I was born in the end of 2004 so ur basically a youngcel like me
I finished A-levels. I’m on a gap year
u a youngcel as well but the way you type and iterate your sentences had me thinking you were in your mid 20s :lul:

• JFL
I keep thinking that you're in jewniversity like me. I'll be in my final year soon.
Nahh, It will start after summer for me if I decide to go.

• +1
Reactions: St.TikTokcel
  • JFL
Ok youngcel. I was born in the end of 2004 so ur basically a youngcel like me

u a youngcel as well but the way you type and iterate your sentences had me thinking you were in your mid 20s :lul:
Yeah jfl, I was born around the same time as you.

• +1
Reactions: ElTruecel
I have quite a few offers for degree apprenticeship in Finance ( Not high finance, just accounting), Economics, quantity surveying and corporate banking. None of them are in investment banking which is the career I wanted to pursue.
Interesting, I too want to do investment banking but no such apprenticeship exists here, google the salaries for those opportunities

Interesting, I too want to do investment banking but no such apprenticeship exists here, google the salaries for those opportunities
There is, but back office.

Discover the ultimate in relaxed romance with the best casual dating platform!
Free connections, it won't be boring
Actual Women
Super casual Dating

• JFL
Reactions: Aypo129

Users who are viewing this thread

Back