Inward slanted ramus - what causes this?

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
What causes the ramus to be slanted inwards instead of going (almost) straight down?

I mean small intergonial width (the distance between the gonions) in combination with significantly higher interzygomatic width.
In other words: Lower jaw significantly narrower than midface.

Please more specific answers than "genetics". This phenomenon seems to be on the rarer side among (white) men and I'm one of the few unlucky ones so I'm curious.

Discuss.

I do not know either

I guess it is dental developement because the lower palate is narrow

if my gonion would actually be 90% as wide as my zygomatic arch, then I would not have found this site (bnut not chad either)

• +1
Reactions: wannabel00ksmaxxer, PubertyMaxxer and Bewusst
I do not know either

I guess it is dental developement because the lower palate is narrow

if my gonion would actually be 90% as wide as my zygomatic arch, then I would not have found this site (bnut not chad either)
If your ramus is short, it doesn't matter as much. But if yours is fairly long like mine = smaller igw = narrower, smaller mandible.

just measured

my hairline is approx. 14 cm

Gonion 12-13 cm

and bigonial is 16-17 cm

if we go by the 90% rule I need to add another 1-2 cm which seems like it is nothing but my Gonion is subhuman lol
If your ramus is short, it doesn't matter as much. But if yours is fairly long like mine = smaller igw = narrower, smaller mandible.
my ramus is long enough, it is just sloping forward and inward a bit
indian_cromagnon0-e1354575670883.jpg

I identify more with them than with the average european

AverageMan1.jpg

Examples.
simone-nobili-1d04d97d-edba-4b27-a59d-27da8de6974-resize-750.jpeg

imagine this but more narrow, so that you can not even see the slight bump of gonion

from front you can not even guess where my gonion is lol

aka subhuman trait

can only look good with good neck, skin eye area and hair

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Slob, Deleted member 2227 and Bewusst
just measured

my hairline is approx. 14 cm

Gonion 12-13 cm

and bigonial is 16-17 cm

if we go by the 90% rule I need to add another 1-2 cm which seems like it is nothing but my Gonion is subhuman lol

my ramus is long enough, it is just sloping forward and inward a bit
indian_cromagnon0-e1354575670883.jpg

I identify more with them than with the average european

AverageMan1.jpg
Almost every ramus is tilted inwards a bit. What I'm talking about is more inward slant than normal which makes the lower third look subhuman if the ramus is long (and the chin not tall enough to compensate).

The native American on the left actually has fairly decent bone development imo and his jaw isn't exactly narrow. My internet is too damn slow to find pictures, I would have provided those in the op otherwise.

Almost every ramus is tilted inwards a bit. What I'm talking about is more inward slant than normal which makes the lower third look subhuman if the ramus is long (and the chin not tall enough to compensate).

The native American on the left actually has fairly decent bone development imo and his jaw isn't exactly narrow. My internet is too damn slow to find pictures, I would have provided those in the op otherwise.
I took the natives and Cro Magnon as example how I would describe my face-shape

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst