iq is just like mbti types

M

mogger123

jfl
silly little tests you do for fun that try and make sense of differences between indivduals. they dont stand up to scientific rigour and are largely untrue, however kernels of truth exist within them.

the statement "my tested iq is 130" should be taken as seriously as "im a ESTP"

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: wollet2, try2beme and Deleted member 21898
How much you scored on the online mensa one (I guess you did for the sake of it)

Hey our avis look similar

rl summon thread

i think i got like mid 130s
Same. As expected btw, in my head I knew you're not going to score under 130. What a coincidence, total shock. Nah you're just an intelligent guy and I assumed your'e not going to score low. It's not sucking your dick, it's just about how obvious IQ is.

Not that the online one is totally accurate or some shit, but even so. I also heard people scoring lower on the online one than the actual mensa test.

Same. As expected btw, in my head I knew you're not going to score under 130. What a coincidence, total shock. Nah you're just an intelligent guy and I assumed your'e not going to score low. It's not sucking your dick, it's just about how obvious IQ is.

Not that the online one is totally accurate or some shit, but even so. I also heard people scoring lower on the online one than the actual mensa test.
like i said it's about as meaningful as "im type WXYX so i have a harder time with public speaking"

• +1
Reactions: LampPostPrime
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: incel194012940 and LampPostPrime
He doesnt . Typical contrarian .org poster #987
IQ has been established to be one of the main predictors of success. "IQ doesn't matter" is such a cope lmao.

• +1
silly little tests you do for fun that try and make sense of differences between indivduals. they dont stand up to scientific rigour and are largely untrue, however kernels of truth exist within them.

the statement "my tested iq is 130" should be taken as seriously as "im a ESTP"
Your avi halo is no more, Over

Bildschirmfoto 2023 06 25 um 034238

Last edited:

• Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 23239 and Interested
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/beautiful-minds/iq-and-society/
"IQ correlates positively with family income, socioeconomic status, school and occupational performance, military training assignments, law-abidingness, healthful habits, illness, and morality."

How will you discredit IQ when it is not the #1 predictor of success?
most of these are circular - test taking ability predicts test taking ability. "scientists" in shock

the rest are only weak correlations because the lowest percentiles are bad at everything. as taleb puts it "if you hit someone on the head with a hammer they arent good at anything". when the bottom percentiles are removed you are left with random noise i.e. zero correlation

Short, fat, dumb, ethnic and ugly

• +1
Reactions: MoggerGaston
"Scientific rigor" = gay race communism

It's good for trends
I don't care much about it on an individual level

• +1
>emil kirkegaard

maybe try posting a source that isnt infamous for being a racist retard

copying me because you cant even come up with your own response, brutal

Ok but don't you believe that there is a thing called intelligence and also that there are characteristics and traits that are inherent to people's nature?

• +1
Ok but don't you believe that there is a thing called intelligence and also that there are characteristics and traits that are inherent to people's nature?
of course, but iq does not measure it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16275
>emil kirkegaard

maybe try posting a source that isnt infamous for being a racist retard
Oh god muh waysism. Yea you're just a butthurt coper low iq ethnic no wonder lmao

• +1
Reactions: ranierean
Keep coping lmao
1. Race is a social construct due to unconcordant clinal variation

2. There is more variation within ancestral populations than between them

3. There is no coherent explanation for evolutionary pressures/changes causing ancient populations to diverge intellectually in such a short span of time

4. Iq is a complete meme of a measurement that doesnt explain shit

• JFL
Not really
Yes really
If you can combine an athlete's sprint time at 30m, his bench press, some agility tests, etc and aggregate it into a single score I'd be pretty confident in using it roughly as their overall athletic ability

• +1
Yes really
If you can combine an athlete's sprint time at 30m, his bench press, some agility tests, etc and aggregate it into a single score I'd be pretty confident in using it roughly as their overall athletic ability
Read up about causal vs exploratory factor analysis

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/beautiful-minds/iq-and-society/
"IQ correlates positively with family income, socioeconomic status, school and occupational performance, military training assignments, law-abidingness, healthful habits, illness, and morality."

How will you discredit IQ when it is not the #1 predictor of success?
Yes correlations and the positive manifold are what IQ is. IQ test questions were selected based on increasing the positive manifold. IQ denier are aware of such correlations and still choose to deny IQ

why?
1. IQ is predictive through being a result of social class and educational attainment, not "intelligence. No, "IQ" isnt the number one predictor, grade school report card feedback/opinion is a far better predictor.. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0361476X20300679 additionally,

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0160289608000603#bib16 standardized tests are predictive after removing g

After controlling for social class, IQ negative correlates with income. So-called controls for SES are not proper controls. Social class is more than SES, and how can you control for social class, if IQ is a measure of social class? People of low social class can overcome their status by studying more in school, sure, but that is an exception and i already mentioned that IQ is the result of education.

2. The job performance correlation is p-hacked: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4557354/

3. Income correlates at .20 and wealth correlates at ....... 0.12 (lol)

more fun facts:

4. IQ cant predict mental retardation (in black people lol)

507.jpg

"What this means is that most black people who score below 70 on IQ tests do not have any kind of mental disability."
IQ, invented for identifying mental retardation, fails at detecting mental retardation.

5. IQ can predict current knowledge levels but cant predict learning speed. Indicating that IQ is an approximate of time spent studying/learning, not a measure of intelligence or learning capability. What is intelligence if it doesnt let you "learn faster"? WHAT EXPLAINS THE GAPS IN KNOWLEDGE IF IQ DOESNT INCREASE LEARNING SPEED?!

I accept that there are people who learn extremely fast with foto-graphic memory, but those people are cant accurately be detected by IQ scores, and as stated IQ cant predict learning speed.

THIS (5. ) IS A VERY IMPORTANT POINT THAT HAS NEVER BEEN DEBUNKED

this is the response by an IRL mathematician. lol for the record, no real mathematician has debunked talb or shalizi's "IQ is a statistical myth".

Talb is correct and has never been "debunked". I read a recent (failed) emil debunk where he selected(p-hacked) some nerdic countries that streamline occupation selection through highly g-loaded early childhood test performance, to show a "linear correlation". tldr the correlation is highly dependent on blue/white collar job salaries, proportion of blue collar jobs, the g-loading of standardized tests, and frequency and power of standardized testing in said educational system.

Last edited:
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: incel194012940 and mogger123
Yes correlations and the positive manifold are what IQ is. IQ test questions were selected based on increasing the positive manifold. IQ denier are aware of such correlations and still choose to deny IQ

why?
1. IQ is predictive through being a result of social class and educational attainment, not "intelligence. No, "IQ" isnt the number one predictor, grade school report card feedback/opinion is a far better predictor.. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0361476X20300679 additionally,

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0160289608000603#bib16 standardized tests are predictive after removing g

After controlling for social class, IQ negative correlates with income. So-called controls for SES are not proper controls. Social class is more than SES, and how can you control for social class, if IQ is a measure of social class? People of low social class can overcome their status by studying more in school, sure, but that is an exception and i already mentioned that IQ is the result of education.
View attachment 2293162

2. The job performance correlation is p-hacked: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4557354/

more fun facts:

507.jpg

"What this means is that most black people who score below 70 on IQ tests do not have any kind of mental disability."
IQ, invented for identifying mental retardation, fails at detecting mental retardation.

5. IQ can predict current knowledge levels but cant predict learning speed. Indicating that IQ is an approximate of time spent studying/learning, not a measure of intelligence or learning capability. What is intelligence if it doesnt let you "learn faster"? WHAT EXPLAINS THE GAPS IN KNOWLEDGE IF IQ DOESNT INCREASE LEARNING SPEED?!

I accept that there are people who learn extremely fast with foto-graphic memory, but those people are cant accurately be detected by IQ scores, and as stated IQ cant predicting learning speed.

this is the response by an IRL mathematician. lol for the record, no real mathematician has debunked talb or shalizi's "IQ is a statistical myth".

Talb is correct and has never been "debunked". I read a recent (failed) emil debunk where he selected(p-hacked) some nerdic countries that streamline occupation selection through highly g-loaded early childhood test performance, to show a "linear correlation". tldr the correlation is highly dependent on blue/white collar job salaries, proportion of blue collar jobs, the g-loading of standardized tests, and frequency and power of standardized testing in said educational system.

@LampPostPrime @jellyfishcel

• +1
Reactions: mogger123
Tl;dr essays of crying and coping lmao

• JFL
Reactions: Crusile

why?

View attachment 2293162

more fun facts:

507.jpg

I accept that there are people who learn extremely fast with foto-graphic memory, but those people are cant accurately be detected by IQ scores, and as stated IQ cant predict learning speed.

I think you've nailed it with the point that social class + educational attainment somewhat predict these variables and iq has just been reverse engineered to pick up on social class/educational attainment of people

• +1
Cope thread, no ESTP has iq of 130

• +1
Tl;dr essays of crying and coping lmao
What a pissweak response, you have been brutally humiliated with well thought out points and don't even address a single one. Pathetic

• +1