Is 12 sets per muscle group per week enough?

11yearoldprostitute

autistic indian forum
I’m thinking of switching to a 4 day upper/ lower body routine. I’d be doing 2 exercises per muscle, 3 sets each, twice a week.

Depends a lot, you’ll eventually realize there’s no one advice for everyone in lifting, start doing push pull legs, bigger muscles like back, chest and legs get more sets than others, like 18 sets per week (3 exercises each day) except legs can get even more, if you have some muscle groups that never seem to get sore you can train them more, for example I did 12 sets of shoulders each week and my shoulders definitely grew but they never got sore at all so I started doing like 24 sets and they started growing even faster

• +1
Reactions: aleksander and 11yearoldprostitute
Depends a lot, you’ll eventually realize there’s no one advice for everyone in lifting, start doing push pull legs, bigger muscles like back, chest and legs get more sets than others, like 18 sets per week (3 exercises each day) except legs can get even more, if you have some muscle groups that never seem to get sore you can train them more, for example I did 12 sets of shoulders each week and my shoulders definitely grew but they never got sore at all so I started doing like 24 sets and they started growing even faster
With push pull legs I can only really train each muscle group once a week. I don’t train chest and shoulders on the same day because then one suffers. If I bench first my ohp goes down by 10kg and so do reps.

With push pull legs I can only really train each muscle group once a week. I don’t train chest and shoulders on the same day because then one suffers. If I bench first my ohp goes down by 10kg and so do reps.
Why only once a week? (PPL-REST-PPL = 7 days) I also don’t train shoulders together with my chest for my first year training cause it really is weaker, but now I just still do it when it’s weak but I just do them again on legs cause they’re not sore by then and sometimes go do them again on rest day if they didn’t get sore from yesterday, it depends on the individual though. The fact they’re weaker after chest is normal cause you work them on chest a lot depending on chest exercises you do, it doesn’t mean if you’ll work at a lower weight you won’t grow them.

• +1
Reactions: 11yearoldprostitute
Why only once a week? (PPL-REST-PPL = 7 days) I also don’t train shoulders together with my chest for my first year training cause it really is weaker, but now I just still do it when it’s weak but I just do them again on legs cause they’re not sore by then and sometimes go do them again on rest day if they didn’t get sore from yesterday, it depends on the individual though. The fact they’re weaker after chest is normal cause you work them on chest a lot depending on chest exercises you do, it doesn’t mean if you’ll work at a lower weight you won’t grow them.
I go to the gym 4x a week

I do chest/ tris
back/ biceps
legs/shoulders
And chest/ tris again because my chest is seriously lacking

I do chest/ tris
back/ biceps
legs/shoulders
And chest/ tris again because my chest is seriously lacking
That push pull legs, except the repeat of chest, but you need to train more, just do the three first day, rest and then repeat.

• +1
Reactions: 11yearoldprostitute
That push pull legs, except the repeat of chest, but you need to train more, just do the three first day, rest and then repeat.
I don’t have time to be going 6x a week. I’m not aiming to be a bodybuilder. I just want to maximize muscle growth with 4 days. Pretty sure going more than 4x a week as a natty will bring you serious diminishing returns anyway.

I don’t have time to be going 6x a week. I’m not aiming to be a bodybuilder. I just want to maximize muscle growth with 4 days. Pretty sure going more than 4x a week as a natty will bring you serious diminishing returns anyway.
You won’t get diminishing returns as a natty training more than 4x per week trust me, there are hundreds of studies and the best natty guys in my gym do it as well