Is 5 set’s too much for hypertrophy ?

Bonesbonesbonesbone

Bonesbonesbonesbone

T-1000 Frame Mogger
I go gym every morning at school and noticed i seriously get fatgiued on the 4th set and really dont want to do the 5th set. I do 10-12 reps depending if i can get to 12 since the intensity is high

Wait, there's a gym in your school?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13710
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: MadTwatter, Danish_Retard, GuyFromSingapore and 2 others
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23554
it's all about progressive overload. increase weights week by weeks. 40 pushing exercise is enough for chest-shoulder in a day for example.

3-4 sets of 8-12

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Mr.Proper and Deleted member 23554
it's all about progressive overload. increase weights week by weeks. 40 pushing exercise is enough for chest-shoulder in a day for example.
no you dont have to keep adding weight to the bar
biggest guys i see in the gym usually lift less than the progressive overload coping redditors

Last edited:
Depends on intensity, reps, frequency, etc.

watch some mike israetel shit on yt

• +1
Reactions: GuyFromSingapore
People really overthink this stuff. In reality the results from doing a couple of sets or 5 sets are more or less the same. All that matters is you achieve enough intensity to stimulate supercompensation, that you keep increasing this intensity (progressive overload) and that you rest enough for the supercompensation to take place. However many sets it takes you to do this doesn't really matter (cue some muh studies retard)

• +1
Reactions: klamus, Danish_Retard and GuyFromSingapore
People really overthink this stuff. In reality the results from doing a couple of sets or 5 sets are more or less the same. All that matters is you achieve enough intensity to stimulate supercompensation, that you keep increasing this intensity (progressive overload) and that you rest enough for the supercompensation to take place. However many sets it takes you to do this doesn't really matter (cue some muh studies retard)
i see

its ok, personally I do 4 sets of 3 followed by 2 sets of 10 followed by 1 set till failure with lightweight

biggest guys i see in the gym usually lift less than the progressive overload coping redditors
they are probably using steroids.