Is 9-5 really as bad as people claim it to be or it just an Internet fad?

Dr. Mog

Dr. Mog

Researcher at moggerdom and zoomerology
In my personal opinion saying “just quit your job, throw your degree and start making money online bruh” is an Internet fad started by jobless NEETcels and made it almost a meme level to work as a wagie. Now I am neither but I have no hate to you if you are in a boring office 9-5 job. Ofc you may not like it but that’s what actually runs the world.

The 9-5 hate is getting too mainstream and what the 2 digit IQcels falling for it don’t understand is that not everyone who quits it and starts their own business succeeds. It isn’t as easy as Gary Vee Cuck to say ‘just work your ass off bruh and you’ll be a millionaire in no time bro it’s entrepreneurship bro” oh yeah cuck ik what it is, my old friend sells oranges in his grandma’s basement and his tinder bio says ‘entrepreneur’ huh ok.

90 Day Fiance Idiot GIF by TLC

You might not have the skills or the luck for it. And you are legit 2 digit IQ if you fall for the mainstream bluepilled trap. Not everyone gets to be like Jim Halpert from the office duhh leaving a job and getting in to entrepreneurship.

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Let that sink in.

• +1
Reactions: Pikabro and CrazyFitLover
9-5 is actually very good for most people, because it mitigates risk of running a business, you have a chance to gain knowledge, experience, get promoted, actually manage people, before you potentially open your business. statistically the most businesses which are successful are founded by people who were in their 40s.

Also it depends on a career path, u should know which 9-5 pick, not everyone of them has big potential and growth, if you are looking for a such thing.
Most people need experience from 9-5 before starting a business. It is very unlikely to have a successful business right out of college, when most experienced people fail to have a successful business in their forties.

• +1
Reactions: litaz, MentalistKebab, cmfanel and 5 others
It's brutal when you earn shit money, or you're working and don't have your own place

You will feel utter dread every weekend knowing that you'll have to go back on Monday

• +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: latincell95, Danish_Retard, twilight and 7 others
Also keep in mind that, there are many shitty jobs without any career potential, and which have shitty schedule on top of being low paying and backbreaking, I had those kinds of jobs and now I have recently got a very good job in office with very high potential and since I have been in hell jobs, I would really respect my new 9-5 office job.

• +1
Reactions: Pikabro, Danish_Retard, NegativeNorwood and 2 others
Also watching your life fly by you with nothing to show for it is fucking brutal

Every week is exactly the same. Before you know it, you've been wagecucking for 3 years and haven't done or achieved anything in the meantime

Don't even get me started on the pathetic 3 weeks annual leave

You'll be on the train commuting home at 6pm, with your newsfeed being flooded with articles on how 17 year old girls are making 6 figures shaking their asses online while you wonder how you're gonna pay next month's rent

• +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: Johanjohan, Rt-Rust1, latincell95 and 10 others
And if you live in northern europe or UK, you wont see daylight in the winter

You get to work its dark, you leave and it's dark

But yeah wagecucking isn't so bad

Funny GIF

• So Sad
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Rt-Rust1, Danish_Retard, CristianT and 4 others
Worst of all, there's no escape

• +1
Reactions: CristianT, Dr. Mog and Solar
Also watching your life fly by you with nothing to show for it is fucking brutal

Every week is exactly the same. Before you know it, you've been wagecucking for 3 years and haven't done or achieved anything in the meantime

Don't even get me started on the pathetic 3 weeks annual leave

You'll be on the train commuting home at 6pm, with your newsfeed being flooded with articles on how 17 year old girls are making 6 figures shaking their asses online while you wonder how you're gonna pay next month's rent
This is why I'm going to live a self sufficient life in some cheap coastal tropical nation, and barely work
Or so I tell myself

yes

• +1
Reactions: Dr. Mog
Worst of all, there's no escape
I mean yeah. I’d say a getting a good degree is a must for 9-5 and then it’s almost never actually that bad when you put in a decent 50-60k a year annually. Computer geeks at NY even do 200k.

Also I mirin the medical field which is of good high pay but you’ll have to sacrifice your prime age for it. Once done your life is set.

Graduating with a shit degree and then wageslaving is something I can’t imagine at all. Still better scope then drop outs working at Walmarts and flipping burgers for the rest of their life for min wage. Brutal.

Get a degree fellas. The system sucks but there’s no other way tbh unless you have giga good luck.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Rt-Rust1, latincell95, Danish_Retard and 2 others
started first job at 26, first few days - hell
first few weeks - less hell
now: hell, but human go through a lot
depends on your personality, co-workers, managers, tasks

• +1
Reactions: garfyld and Dr. Mog
started first job at 26, first few days - hell
first few weeks - less hell
now: hell, but human go through a lot
depends on your personality, co-workers, managers, tasks
were you NEET or studycel?

were you NEET or studycel?
neet
i've made money in the past, savedmaxxed and live in mothers basement
but I wasnt neet loser, I had fwb/gf, great social life, gym in the morning, full fun
I have 3-month contract and consider going back neeting

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 18879
How about getting a degree and still earning less than a factory worker in US while also having higher cost of living+taxes? Thats what most Euros face nowadays. I have no idea how americans manage to be poor in the current greatest and one of the most accessible economies there is. I made a post on this but you can literally walk out of highschool and start picking up dog poop and it earns you more than a doctor with three years experience over here

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer, latincell95, Pikabro and 2 others
I'm working minimum wage jobs because I have no other option atm, I'm going to eventually pursue some sort of employed job that makes money though, not because I want lambos or a mansion or whatever, I just want to make at least 100k+ a year so I don't have to worry about money and my quality of life is high.

• +1
Reactions: Rt-Rust1, latincell95 and Dr. Mog
How about getting a degree and still earning less than a factory worker in US while also having higher cost of living+taxes? Thats what most Euros face nowadays. I have no idea how americans manage to be poor in the current greatest and one of the most accessible economies there is. I made a post on this but you can literally walk out of highschool and start picking up dog poop and it earns you more than a doctor with three years experience over here
Labor protections are very very bad in USA, and wealth inequality in America is high.

• +1
Reactions: latincell95, Danish_Retard and Dr. Mog
neet
i've made money in the past, savedmaxxed and live in mothers basement
but I wasnt neet loser, I had fwb/gf, great social life, gym in the morning, full fun
I have 3-month contract and consider going back neeting
depends what u want from life i guess. ive been full on NEET loser rotter for 7 yrs and thinking of waging makes me want to blow my brains out. couldnt imagine working as a low value sub 4 male

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: latincell95 and Chico Chicowski
Labor protections are very very bad in USA, and wealth inequality in America is high.
Wealth inequality is high because its home to some of the richest people on the planet so this is unavoidable, wherever the richest live will create massive wealth inequality since they own the majority of wealth regardless. It still doesnt change the fact that you'll earn more in the US doing any kind of work whether you're skilled/unskilled or degree/no degree, than you would anywhere else in the world while still having a lower cost of living and taxed less than most major first world countries. I should just illegally emmigrate there like my ancestors

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer, latincell95 and Dr. Mog
depends what u want from life i guess. ive been full on NEET loser rotter for 7 yrs and thinking of waging makes me want to blow my brains out. couldnt imagine working as a low value sub 4 male
considering you are a money leacher, I wouldn’t blame you for rotting then.

How Tf you survive 7 years tho? Where the bread came from?

I truly wonder what your ambitions in life are. Just LDARing is ain’t it.

Wealth inequality is high because its home to some of the richest people on the planet so this is unavoidable, wherever the richest live will create massive wealth inequality. It still doesnt change the fact that you'll earn more in the US doing any kind of work whether you're skilled/unskilled or degree/no degree, than you would anywhere else in the world while still having a lower cost of living than most major first world countries

It's also because a lot of American families have literally zero wealth, wealth inequality isn't just because we have more rich people lol

One in five American households have ‘zero or negative’ wealth​

• Woah
Reactions: Dr. Mog
respect for the life choice. better than corpo rats
I'm minimalist, although I would like to run my own online business
If I made around minimum wage in my country from my own biz I would be satisfied
Its either being minimalistic and having a chill, free time or being stressed but being able to have ferrari
everything in between is a joke

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18879
  • JFL
Reactions: LooksmaxxHopeful

It's also because a lot of American families have literally zero wealth, wealth inequality isn't just because we have more rich people lol

One in five American households have ‘zero or negative’ wealth​

But thats the same everywhere. In most countries people understand that they shouldn't be taking loans to begin with but americans seem to love the idea of loans, credit cards and debt. Everywhere else in the world, if you cannot afford something then you just dont get to have it, you dont go taking out loads of loans and so on. Its understood that you wont magically come up with the money to repay a loan and people are taxed far heavily so they also understand that the hammer comes down very hard when its time to collect, theyve experienced it from their very first paycheck. It seems to be part of american culture to just buy things all the time and if theres any predatory system in place that offers you "free" or easy money like loans and so on to buy even bigger things then they just jump right in without a second thought. A good example would be food, most people on the planet buy and cook from home but if an american cant eat out all the time then they just starve instead of just buying normal food and preparing it at home even though theres no reason not to and its both healthier and cheaper to do so. From the outside it looks like a very consumerist culture that dont know how to manage money

• Hmm...
Reactions: Danish_Retard
In my personal opinion saying “just quit your job, throw your degree and start making money online bruh” is an Internet fad started by jobless NEETcels and made it almost a meme level to work as a wagie. Now I am neither but I have no hate to you if you are in a boring office 9-5 job. Ofc you may not like it but that’s what actually runs the world.

The 9-5 hate is getting too mainstream and what the 2 digit IQcels falling for it don’t understand is that not everyone who quits it and starts their own business succeeds. It isn’t as easy as Gary Vee Cuck to say ‘just work your ass off bruh and you’ll be a millionaire in no time bro it’s entrepreneurship bro” oh yeah cuck ik what it is, my old friend sells oranges in his grandma’s basement and his tinder bio says ‘entrepreneur’ huh ok.

90 Day Fiance Idiot GIF by TLC

You might not have the skills or the luck for it. And you are legit 2 digit IQ if you fall for the mainstream bluepilled trap. Not everyone gets to be like Jim Halpert from the office duhh leaving a job and getting in to entrepreneurship.

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Let that sink in.
Well theres only one way to find out