Is anyone or did anyone experience Tretoin purge?

prgfromnl

prgfromnl

Water is wet
Title and how the fuck do I deal with it because it literally ruined my confidence in a matter of a few days

Title and how the fuck do I deal with it because it literally ruined my confidence in a matter of a few days
I’ve been using Retin a for 3 weeks now, so far only side is Dryness with I mostly fix with Aloe Vera.
You should not let it make you down dude, come on it’s a temporary effect, it’s necessary to make your skin glow afterwards don’t be a pussy, everything you wanna archive have a price.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2810
I’ve been using Retin a for 3 weeks now, so far only side is Dryness with I mostly fix with Aloe Vera.
You should not let it make you down dude, come on it’s a temporary effect, it’s necessary to make your skin glow afterwards don’t be a pussy, everything you wanna archive have a price.

How long till you expect too see a good skin glow.

I just used it it for the first time today.

How long till you expect too see a good skin glow.

I just used it it for the first time today.
Honestly my skin is a lot better after just 3 weeks, but I’m not using Retin a alone, my whole skincare is making it already glow.
I think it depends in of a lot of factores, I’m doing fasting, I lost 3% of BF already, I drink tons of water, low carb diet and following my skincare routine. So it all counts.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2810
Honestly my skin is a lot better after just 3 weeks, but I’m not using Retin a alone, my whole skincare is making it already glow.
I think it depends in of a lot of factores, I’m doing fasting, I lost 3% of BF already, I drink tons of water, low carb diet and following my skincare routine. So it all counts.
yeah my whole skin routine makes my skin glow too (mainly due to the sun screen which I apply). But I started breaking out bad and when you google tretoin purge you see hundreds of results. Apparently it takes between 2 to 6 weeks but can last months.. fuck

I experienced it after about 1 week but it was over for me by the next week.

Some people never get it, for others it lasts weeks. Depends on each person.

If you apply retin-A at night, apply benzoyl peroxide to anywhere you might break out, including your whole face if need be, in the mornings before applying moisturizer.

The purging is extremely worth it... just think of it like getting all the acne you were gonna have for the next month or two out of the way at once and then you have way way less to worry about after.

My personal routine is retina A 0.1% all over face, including eyelids 2-4 times a week. then a few minutes later CC melano vitamin C serum. Then a few minutes later about half a tablespoon of argan oil plus a generic moisturizer with no sunscreen or vitamins. Aquaphor (or vaseline, though aquaphor is superior) on my lips and eyelids. Let all that sit for about an hour before bed and leave it on overnight. in the morning wash it off with a basic cleanser, apply benzoyl peroxide to any problem areas (for me it's my hairline sometimes and my nose or forehead)

I found retin-A did not cause significant purging for me. but when I added the vitamin C serum it really did. so what I did was take a break from the rest of my skincare routine and focus on just keeping it clean, watching my diet for trigger food that give me acne (like ice cream or sweets) and apply benzoyl peroxide over basically my entire face 2-3 times a day. did that every day for like ten days. went back on my routine, purging was extremely minimal, i got less acne than i normally have thanks to the BP+cleaning and clean diet. I strongly suspect the same approach could work for you if you feel like your purging is going to get worse before it gets better.

• +1
Reactions: WhatToDo