Is chewing just cope for people with softer/roundish mandible?

M

motherbeefer123

Iron
I see many people on this forum claiming that chewing saved them from sub humanity. But others also claim that chewing descended them further into sub humanity. It seems as if most of the people who say it had negative effects have more of a rounder face shape. Can anyone confirm if this is true. Also wouldn’t keeping a piece of gum between teeth and just keeping a constant bite force for a set period of time be better since constant force would be better for growth rather than force every time you chew? Idk I’m no professional so if someone can answer these questions that would be great.

Chewing is neither good nor bad. You just gotta learn not to overdo it.

It can be bad if you over chew like me and develop TMJ [which will require surgery to fix by the way] or if you do it minimally you can ascend from it.

I say don't push it and do it gently, and only 30 minutes per day.

• +1
Reactions: AutismMaxing, JL~ and motherbeefer123
Chewing is neither good nor bad. You just gotta learn not to overdo it.

It can be bad if you over chew like me and develop TMJ [which will require surgery to fix by the way] or if you do it minimally you can ascend from it.

I say don't push it and do it gently, and only 30 minutes per day.
Yeah I heard many people on this website talking ab how they chewed for hours on end and I felt like that’s a bit too much. Did you notice any pros from chewing besides the con which was tmj?

Yeah I heard many people on this website talking ab how they chewed for hours on end and I felt like that’s a bit too much. Did you notice any pros from chewing besides the con which was tmj?
Yeah I have big masseters now and a well above average jaw. Sadly my palate is narrow though and I have TMJ and my mandible could be better, which is why I'm getting a palate expander and likely going to get surgery to correct my overbite so that my jaw can be as great as it could possibly be.

My masseters have %100 gotten so much better though.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7098
Yeah I have big masseters now and a well above average jaw. Sadly my palate is narrow though and I have TMJ and my mandible could be better, which is why I'm getting a palate expander and likely going to get surgery to correct my overbite so that my jaw can be as great as it could possibly be.

My masseters have %100 gotten so much better though

My masseters have %100 gotten so much better though.
How long did it take for you to see results?

How long did it take for you to see results?
No idea honestly. I kinda used to chew just because it was fun, but I knew not to chew too much on one side so I alternated. Probably 2 months though if I had to say.

• +1
Reactions: motherbeefer123
No idea honestly. I kinda used to chew just because it was fun, but I knew not to chew too much on one side so I alternated. Probably 2 months though if I had to say.
did you count hours or was it all day

I'd do it like an hour on each side
Did you always notice your cheeks getting fatter from this because some people said that got buccinator hypertrophy from chewing?