Is chimp lip really a bad thing? (controversial)

Generally yes, because birdcels ostensibly have a majority of the recession occurring in their lower maxilla which is what LF1 mobilizes.
what are good indicators that especially your lower maxilla / lefort 1 area is recessed?

what are good indicators that especially your lower maxilla / lefort 1 area is recessed?
could be a number of things by themselves or usually in combination, affecting a number of dimensions
  • paranasal hollowing, hooked nose, droopy nasal tip -> lack of forward growth
  • high maxillary occlusal plane angle, long face -> posterior vertical growth deficiency and/or anterior vertical excess (if smile is gummy)
  • poor incisor show -> overall vertical growth deficiency
  • etc.

• +1
Reactions: subhuman incel
could be a number of things by themselves or usually in combination, affecting a number of dimensions
  • paranasal hollowing, hooked nose, droopy nasal tip -> lack of forward growth
  • high maxillary occlusal plane angle, long face -> posterior vertical growth deficiency and/or anterior vertical excess (if smile is gummy)
  • poor incisor show -> overall vertical growth deficiency
  • etc.
How do I fix my vertically deficient maxilla if my maxilla/mandible is already more forward than the rest of my face? It also lacks a defined jaw. Can't see my teeth when smiling and my upper maxilla is recessed. My eyeballs are bulging. I also need implants. But worried about a chimp lip when my lips/philtrum is slightly protruding

downgraft
Can I still get a slight bimax advancement plus genio? My chin lack forward growth. But I need a defined jaw

Robert Pattinson is always complimented for his lips, but his lips themselves are fetal alcohol syndrome tier:

View attachment 1277561

It's his maxillary protrusion that gives him a pouty lip:

View attachment 1277559View attachment 1277560

A lot of good looking guys have "chimp lip":

View attachment 1277564View attachment 1277565View attachment 1277573
View attachment 1277566View attachment 1277568View attachment 1277569View attachment 1277570
Could someone explain to me exactly what "chimp lip" means? Those guys look normal to me

Chimp lip is different from upper lip protrusion and full lips which models have. With Lefort I the chimp lip effect is caused by the movement of the philtrum and nasal base forward, giving a convex appearance under the nose.

View attachment 1277611

Invisalign alone turned changed my philtrum from concave to convex.

No joke.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: lilhorizontal32 and lasthope
we all come from chimps :forcedsmile:

Looks like shit. I had a nice concave philtrum, and now it's convex.
fuck did you hat a flat philtrum before?

seems like its a big gamble to change somethink in the lefort1 area

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32
Robert Pattinson is always complimented for his lips, but his lips themselves are fetal alcohol syndrome tier:

View attachment 1277561

It's his maxillary protrusion that gives him a pouty lip:

View attachment 1277559View attachment 1277560

A lot of good looking guys have "chimp lip":

View attachment 1277564View attachment 1277565View attachment 1277573
View attachment 1277566View attachment 1277568View attachment 1277569View attachment 1277570
great thread. was just going to make a post about this

and also lots of very high iq responses. good to see