Is cosmetic jaw surgery worth it for me? Thinking of long term goals. 28yo.

Luis

Luis

66mm IPD
I’m a 28yo bloke. Just done MSE for breathing. Wondering if I need cosmetic jaw surgery to have a chance . Just got out of a relationship; and looking to move someplace either with cheap rent where I can save; or elsewhere more expensive that’s actually a much nicer place to invite ppl. I did consult surgeons but wondering if public opinion is whether I need it or not. I’m 176cm (5’9”) and 75kg. I work as an aerospace engineer. I don’t actually earn that much as only a yr+ plus in the job, on 32k gbp. But maybe can increase over the next few years if I work hard.
IMG 1457
IMG 1456
IMG 1455
IMG 1459

I could also save the money for a deposit on a flat; as cosmetic jaw surgery would be 30k+ and I’ve not got that level of savings. Maybe I could save that amount of money across the next 4/6 years; I’d be 32/34 then. That amount of money is also nearabouts a deposit for a house or flat. I do have some future inheritance, not a lot, when that time comes to pass it should be ~30/50k; which again is deposit money. I live in the UK where house/flat prices are expensive & I rent in an expensive city. Cosmetic jaw surgery actually worth it?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: opeggard, silencio, normie_joe and 3 others
lifes mog be beacuse youre an aerospace engineer , consult giant

• +1
Reactions: CarrotMaxxer, callisto and zura
How the fuck are you only making 32k as an aerospace engineer in your late 20's? That's borderline criminal...

• +1
Reactions: opeggard, GunDevilHybrid and ducksoover
Jfc, i knew Europoors were getting cucked, but I didn't think they were getting cucked to this extent. You need to switch countries or careers or smt man.

• +1
Reactions: GunDevilHybrid, Deleted member 64942 and D1390pilled
Yes it’s worth it looking at your side profile.

Get tested for sleep apnea first, because you seem to have type II malocclusion. People with jaws like you almost have it.

If you test positive you can get the surgery for free and i’m talking about bimax aka double jaw surgery. It will be covered since it’s a medical case.

• +1
Reactions: silencio
Like the biggest problem here is not even your face. It's that you're a late-stage engineer making such shit money. When you say "Aerospace Engineer", do you actually have a university degree related to this job, or are you just exaggerating your job title?

Just try to take advantage of your "free" healthcare ig bc you look a little recessed. Probably not going to decrease in looks if you get surgery. But if you're paid such a shit salary, I'm guessing NHS surgeons similarly have shit wages, which probably demotivates them to produce optimal results. I've heard way too many horror stories about the NHS.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: D1390pilled
UK salaries are shit
Yeah, I just looked up NHS GP salaries and UK tax rates. The middle class is getting fucked with taxes ranging from 40-45% marginally. Still pretty insane. Average NHS doctor doesn't break past mid 100k but even that is only after several years of practice. But ig they might also have several benefits that will allow them to live "comfortably", but never anything past this. It's probably more complicated than this, but I wonder if the NHS suffers from high turnover rates.

God Bless America :cry::cry:

Last edited:
I don’t actually earn that much as only a yr+ plus in the job, on 32k gbp.
Okay even a year in, you're still getting RAPED and that's putting it lightly. Average starting salary for new 4 year graduates in STEM in the U.S is $80k-100k. And many companies will pay much higher than this. But maybe I'm missing some context. What were you doing before this job? Uni, or just unemployed? Surely you must have some relevant past experience?

Last edited:
Honestly just try to immigrate to the U.S. You'll probably have more opportunities to advance your career/status, and the healthcare situation is definitely not nearly as bad as every European seems to think it is. Don't even worry about the flat tbh. It's just going to the same style building in the same style commie block with slightly better amenities.

Last edited:
Safe ur hair first. If a me loses his hair, it‘s over

• +1
Reactions: opeggard, callisto and normie_joe
I’m a 28yo bloke. Just done MSE for breathing. Wondering if I need cosmetic jaw surgery to have a chance . Just got out of a relationship; and looking to move someplace either with cheap rent where I can save; or elsewhere more expensive that’s actually a much nicer place to invite ppl. I did consult surgeons but wondering if public opinion is whether I need it or not. I’m 176cm (5’9”) and 75kg. I work as an aerospace engineer. I don’t actually earn that much as only a yr+ plus in the job, on 32k gbp. But maybe can increase over the next few years if I work hard.
View attachment 2893680View attachment 2893681View attachment 2893682View attachment 2893683
I could also save the money for a deposit on a flat; as cosmetic jaw surgery would be 30k+ and I’ve not got that level of savings. Maybe I could save that amount of money across the next 4/6 years; I’d be 32/34 then. That amount of money is also nearabouts a deposit for a house or flat. I do have some future inheritance, not a lot, when that time comes to pass it should be ~30/50k; which again is deposit money. I live in the UK where house/flat prices are expensive & I rent in an expensive city. Cosmetic jaw surgery actually worth it?

You don't seem to be as sagitally recessed (from the side) to warrant something like bimax if I'm being honest.

This is assuming for cosmetic purposes only.

You'll get a bigger return from jaw filler or implants to make your jaw look less rounded.

A bit of a tangent, but I hope you are on finasteride cause that hair about to fly off to Saturn and even an aerospace engineer like you cannot get it back once it's gone.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Zherko, silencio, Luis and 1 other person
Yeah, I just looked up NHS GP salaries and UK tax rates. The middle class is getting fucked with taxes ranging from 40-45% marginally. Still pretty insane. Average NHS doctor doesn't break past mid 100k but even that is only after several years of practice. But ig they might also have several benefits that will allow them to live "comfortably", but never anything past this. It's probably more complicated than this, but I wonder if the NHS suffers from high turnover rates.

Live comfortably is a stretch, living in America you have access to much more Luxuries and a better salary

Okay even a year in, you're still getting RAPED and that's putting it lightly. Average starting salary for new 4 year graduates in STEM in the U.S is $80k-100k. And many companies will pay much higher than this. But maybe I'm missing some context. What were you doing before this job? Uni, or just unemployed? Surely you must have some relevant past experience?
Yeah Covid affected my studies but I did undergrad then a masters - took a gap year, an extra undergrad year, and a Covid sabbatical - did have internships etc

You don't seem to be as sagitally recessed (from the side) to warrant something like bimax if I'm being honest.

This is assuming for cosmetic purposes only.

You'll get a bigger return from jaw filler or implants to make your jaw look less rounded.

A bit of a tangent, but I hope you are on finasteride cause that hair about to fly off to Saturn and even an aerospace engineer like you cannot get it back once it's gone.
Already done one turkey transplant a few years back so the front won’t go higher but yes maybe due for a 2nd session to improve the front hairline still

• +1
Reactions: silencio and normie_joe
Already done one turkey transplant a few years back so the front won’t go higher but yes maybe due for a 2nd session to improve the front hairline still

You are on finasteride yeah?

You are on finasteride yeah?
Tbh I’ve been avoiding it - it won’t do anything for transplanted hairs will it? It’ll just lower my hormones

• Woah
Reactions: CarrotMaxxer and normie_joe
Tbh I’ve been avoiding it - it won’t do anything for transplanted hairs will it? It’ll just lower my hormones

NIGGA you need to be on finasteride!

Otherwise those non-transplanted hairs will continue to recede and you are gonna need more and more transplants to fill it.

You only have a finite amount to transplant as well.

You need to hop on it straight away.

• +1
Reactions: CarrotMaxxer

Actually, effectively, we're paying nearly the same in taxes. It's over. And if you deducted the 4k NHS tax, it would be very close.

Last edited: