Is diffused thinning also a form of androgenic alopecia (balding)?

AlexanderTheGreat

AlexanderTheGreat

stacysexual | short face LDARing | to-be-GodChad
Obviously everyone knows about DHT related balding which is known as androgenic alopecia. This type of balding results in norwooding and hairline recession.

Another type of balding that is not discussed much is diffused thinning, where instead of hairline recession, the density and the thickness of the hair gradually starts to decrease.

Are there any users here who are facing this problem? Do you think it's another form of DHT-related balding?
And what do you think are good methods to control this type of balding? Is it the same as recession type of balding?

I think I'm facing this, but could be cause I don't bathe daily and my greasy hair is fucked.

I think I'm facing this, but could be cause I don't bathe daily and my greasy hair is fucked.
Easy to tell. Do you loose many more hair on a daily basis, or in the shower?
Usually greasy hair is a sign of oil-generation, which itself is a sign of hormonal imbalance in the scalp and DHT issues (or maybe we both are only facing this because we don't bathe daily).

Although I can surely say that the first year that I started noticing the issue, I was actually pretty active and had a good showering schedule. Still lost a lot of hair.

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88 and Deleted member 19499
Did nadal send u here?

• So Sad
Reactions: AlexanderTheGreat
Easy to tell. Do you loose many more hair on a daily basis, or in the shower?
Usually greasy hair is a sign of oil-generation, which itself is a sign of hormonal imbalance in the scalp and DHT issues (or maybe we both are only facing this because we don't bathe daily).

Although I can surely say that the first year that I started noticing the issue, I was actually pretty active and had a good showering schedule. Still lost a lot of hair.
I do notice hairs on the toilet, but always assumed they came from my ass/body.

Did nadal send u here?
No, but those images give me horrors :cry::cry:

We need to figure this out fast guys... whatever is the product that we need to buy, I'll order it today itself.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member
It's the same thing as androgenic alepiocia but arguably easier to reverse if you catch it early enough with minox + fin and 1.5mm derma pen if you want faster results. If the chunks of hair being loss are leaving big random bald spots it could also be Telogen Effluvium which can be triggered by stress or nutrient deficiencies

• +1
i have diffuse thinning evenly across my entire head ZERO hairline recession not even a single hair, extremely oily face and scalp, and facial and chest and back acne. i believe all of them are linked to DHT. started taking fin 6 months ago. very satisfied with how it controlled my oil production and also drastically reduced new acne formation. haven't seen much improvement in hair unfortunately, but at least i dont think im losing more hair now, but i cant say for sure. ive been losing hair very slowly over the years and caught it way too late so my hair is pretty fucked atm. might get on oral min in 6 months if no improvements on fin.

• Love it
Yes

• +1
Obviously everyone knows about DHT related balding which is known as androgenic alopecia. This type of balding results in norwooding and hairline recession.

Another type of balding that is not discussed much is diffused thinning, where instead of hairline recession, the density and the thickness of the hair gradually starts to decrease.

View attachment 1718958View attachment 1718963View attachment 1718960

Are there any users here who are facing this problem? Do you think it's another form of DHT-related balding?
And what do you think are good methods to control this type of balding? Is it the same as recession type of balding?

Diffuse thinning usually reacts real well to dermarolling.

My thoughts are diffuse thinning is when a tight scalp causes the thinning without DHT running too wild on things. It's why you see older 40+ males still retaining their front hairline with thinning but developing a lot of hair loss at the crown like a Norwood 3+ starts doing.

• +1
Diffuse thinning usually reacts real well to dermarolling.

My thoughts are diffuse thinning is when a tight scalp causes the thinning without DHT running too wild on things. It's why you see older 40+ males still retaining their front hairline with thinning but developing a lot of hair loss at the crown like a Norwood 3+ starts doing.
Yeah I still have my hairline, and seeing my family... they too have retained the hairline... Just that my hair is thinning out and leading to lot of breakage right now.

What kind of dermarolling do you do? Thick needle or thin needle?

Yeah I still have my hairline, and seeing my family... they too have retained the hairline... Just that my hair is thinning out and leading to lot of breakage right now.

What kind of dermarolling do you do? Thick needle or thin needle?

I have good results from loosening my scalp up with nightly massages and rolling with a 1.5 mm. Not sure what you mean thick or thin - length?

• +1
I have good results from loosening my scalp up with nightly massages and rolling with a 1.5 mm. Not sure what you mean thick or thin - length?
No I meant the diameter of the needle... Which you just said is 1.5mm.

Damn... Mirin' you for doing this stuff daily. You must be so disciplined :rolleyes:

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88
No I meant the diameter of the needle... Which you just said is 1.5mm.

Damn... Mirin' you for doing this stuff daily. You must be so disciplined :rolleyes:

Massage daily 1.5 mm roller maybe every 10 - 14 days

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa