Is early onset balding really just because of low T?

I thought higher DHT was correlated with lower estrogen. I recall reading that somewhere but I may be wrong.
DHT can't aromatize into estrogen which is why it is produced in high levels by the body as a last ditch effort to combat rising levels of estrogen but ESPECIALLY prolactin.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Schizoidcel and SOS-Sonic
DHT can't aromatize into estrogen which is why it is produced in high levels by the body as a last ditch effort to combat rising levels of estrogen but ESPECIALLY prolactin.
What are some ways to combat this issue?

Do you think taking a VERY low dose of aromatase inhibiters is a good option?

Nah I don't think so it's usually a sign of high DHT if you start balding really early
Not true, balding is associated with DHT in scalp, not DHT in the body.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 6273
Not true, balding is associated with DHT in scalp, not DHT in the body.
No shit DHT in the scalp causes hairloss along with androgen sensitivity in the area jfl.

People with high dht levels also have more dht in their scalp area. That's why oral fin which lowers dht levels systemically works jfl.

No shit DHT in the scalp causes hairloss along with androgen sensitivity in the area jfl.

People with high dht levels also have more dht in their scalp area. That's why oral fin which lowers dht levels systemically works jfl.
No, people with baldness don't have elevated DHT levels in serum. Instead they have elevated DHT levels in scalp and not in serum.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 6273
No, people with baldness don't have elevated DHT levels in serum. Instead they have elevated DHT levels in scalp and not in serum.
Then why does oral fin work?? It's systemic and lowers dht levels in the serum.

Then why does oral fin work?? It's systemic and lowers dht levels in the serum.
It's not only systemic, it's peripheral as well. Lower system hormones means the drug is working and thus peripheral DHT will be reduced as well, but high peripheral DHT doesn't mean high systemic DHT.

What are some ways to combat this issue?

Do you think taking a VERY low dose of aromatase inhibiters is a good option?
Yes try seeing if you can lower the estrogen naturally first, into the low-normal area, and if you still can't consider an AI. Also minimize all prolactin related activities and see for a few months.

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic